00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Appealing Review bans?

636 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-02 17:49:09

Hey guys.

I was banned from writing reviews years ago for posting a link to a youtube video within one... I was probably under 12 at the time.

Now I'm 17 and I still have this ban. I don't think I'll be doing anything as stupid as advertising in the reviews section anytime soon. It's quite annoying when I actually want to leave some feedback for submissions and can't... Anyone know how I could get this ban lifted?

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-03 03:38:35

At 4/2/13 05:49 PM, bindmind wrote: Hey guys.

I was banned from writing reviews years ago for posting a link to a youtube video within one... I was probably under 12 at the time.

Now I'm 17 and I still have this ban. I don't think I'll be doing anything as stupid as advertising in the reviews section anytime soon. It's quite annoying when I actually want to leave some feedback for submissions and can't... Anyone know how I could get this ban lifted?

Read the privacy policy
"Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to become registered users","This site DOES NOT MEET the Online Privacy Protection Act guidelines. This site has links that are unsuitable for children.".
Next time read all the guidelines of a website and think carefully before creating an account.

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-05 04:33:48

At 4/3/13 03:52 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Just make a new account. It's less trouble that way. You can regain all your voting experience in a month. And then some.

I'm not sure if it applies to the review rules,but using an alt to evade a ban in the forums is illegal (http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/forums/foru m-rules : "Things that will get you banned : Posting with an alternate account whilst banned or your main account while an alt is banned. Both accounts may be deleted.)

BBS Signature

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-05 17:21:01

At 4/3/13 03:38 AM, TheRed555 wrote:

Read the privacy policy
"Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to become registered users","This site DOES NOT MEET the Online Privacy Protection Act guidelines. This site has links that are unsuitable for children.".
Next time read all the guidelines of a website and think carefully before creating an account.

Fine, but I'm 17 now and there's no reason I shouldn't have an account now is there?

I really don't want to abandon this account either. Are you trying to tell me there's NO appeal system whatsoever?

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-05 17:30:56

At 4/5/13 05:24 PM, jaxxDS wrote:
If you're worried about your experience and stats / voting power, you don't have too much yet anyways. You can EASILY recover it all, in a short period of time.

I like the username... And I've had it since 2006.

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-05 17:34:54

At 4/5/13 05:34 PM, jaxxDS wrote: PM WadeFulp and ask politely to have your ban withdrawn. Be sure to provide details appropriate to the case.

Well alright, I'll do that.

Thanks for the help then :)

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-09 13:11:58

At 4/5/13 05:21 PM, bindmind wrote:
At 4/3/13 03:38 AM, TheRed555 wrote:

Read the privacy policy
Fine, but I'm 17 now and there's no reason I shouldn't have an account now is there?

I really don't want to abandon this account either. Are you trying to tell me there's NO appeal system whatsoever?

Assuming that you're now 17 years old,you were only 10 when you created this account.
you can try sending a pm to a review moderator to ask him to lift the ban,no guarantee though.

BBS Signature

Response to Appealing Review bans? 2013-04-11 12:21:03

Man, I read your reviews from 2007. It was quite entertaining x)