00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

i didn't care about aeris' death.

921 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 15:07:31

Seriously this death is the most over rated death of all time, people say that I need to play the game to feel sorry for her even though I already did and didn't care, I just went on with the game not thinking about it.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 15:16:38

Oh, you're so edgy, let's all argue about it.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 15:27:10

At 3/23/13 03:07 PM, darkjam wrote: Seriously this death is the most over rated death of all time, people say that I need to play the game to feel sorry for her even though I already did and didn't care, I just went on with the game not thinking about it.

I was more upset about the fact id lost my awesome Healer then anything else! but even though it didnt make me feel sorry for her it made me feel sorry for the other characters, such as Cloud and Aeris's family. but other people take things differently so if you didnt feel an impact fair enough,

~CoolSignature

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 16:55:16

Why don't you extend your game knowledge past the few things people shove in your face and find good ones then?

Also Aeriths death was perfectly good. It was well done and as such you claiming it wasn't good just shows your own ignorance at understanding good scenes.

Her death is lacking compared to Galuf's but it was still well done.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 17:20:30

At 3/23/13 04:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Why don't you extend your game knowledge past the few things people shove in your face and find good ones then?

Also Aeriths death was perfectly good.

It was good, I'll admit that but I just shrugged it off and continued on with the game.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 17:22:49

At 3/23/13 04:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Her death is lacking compared to Galuf's but it was still well done.

I'm glad to see someone recognizes his death other than me. I felt his death scene was much more epic despite being completely 2D.

As per the topic:
I was a bit sad that I spent so much time getting her final limit break just for her to die. I used it only once, and it was against the Demon Wall which required me to sit back for ten minutes and let it build up Aerith's limit gauge.

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-23 18:20:53

It was kind of spoiled for me already when I first played the game though, so it wasn't a huge shocker to me. Also, because I already knew, I didn't use Aerith all that much throughout the beginning parts of the game which caused me to not care much about her death either.

It was fairly well executed though and I can imagine that at the time, if you didn't knew she was going to die, it came as quite a surprise. There weren't many games where playable characters are killed halfway in.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-24 15:08:11

Gonna be honest, never even used her or liked her much, it didn't bother me much.

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-24 18:58:21

I never played FF7 and I already know she dies, so the impact is lessened.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-24 19:43:05

I believe what was sad for most players with aeris's death is due to the fact they have tried to get her to decent level for maybe 2 or 3 days straight and that would have found out it was all a waste because she dies in the first part of the game. The relationship between Cloud and Aeris was forced anyway.

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-24 20:57:29

At 3/23/13 03:07 PM, darkjam wrote: Seriously this death is the most over rated death of all time, people say that I need to play the game to feel sorry for her even though I already did and didn't care, I just went on with the game not thinking about it.

Sure you don't, but that site's got a pretty decent stash of good stuff.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to i didn't care about aeris' death. 2013-03-25 08:55:02

At 3/24/13 08:57 PM, YomToxic wrote:
At 3/23/13 03:07 PM, darkjam wrote:
Sure you don't, but that site's got a pretty decent stash of good stuff.

well if people have fantasies on fictional characters to indulge on I'm not one to judge