00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

flex print

713 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

flex print 2013-03-13 16:04:28

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you can tell me a bit more on flex printing as opposed to digital printing techniques. I am currently negotiating with a online webshop to sell some of my designs, but they only offer flex printing. As far as I know flex printing is not suited for gradients of colors. Also I believe that flex printing requires vector designs in .svg, .ai, .eps formats. Is this true? is a .PNG file not fitted for flex printing?

actually I know and understand very little about flex printing on shirts and what this entails. What are the limitations and what is possible. If I import .psd or.PNG files into adobe illustrator it fucks the picture up quite badly, why is that?

I am trying to research it, but thought I might ask this here as well

thx

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to flex print 2013-03-13 16:18:55

At 3/13/13 04:04 PM, Tomsan wrote: Hi,

I was wondering if any of you can tell me a bit more on flex printing as opposed to digital printing techniques. I am currently negotiating with a online webshop to sell some of my designs, but they only offer flex printing. As far as I know flex printing is not suited for gradients of colors. Also I believe that flex printing requires vector designs in .svg, .ai, .eps formats. Is this true? is a .PNG file not fitted for flex printing?

actually I know and understand very little about flex printing on shirts and what this entails. What are the limitations and what is possible. If I import .psd or.PNG files into adobe illustrator it fucks the picture up quite badly, why is that?

I am trying to research it, but thought I might ask this here as well

thx

I once wanted to print something on my hoodie and they told me flex print only allowed 4 colors at their place. I just looked up an online store and they only allow 3 colors. So I guess it's not something suited for full color PNGs.

If you import PNGs to illustrator, I assume it automatically renders them into vector based images, thus resulting in a quality loss. Lucky or Nae would know a lot more about this I guess.

You should ask the print shop for details anyways, but if you uploaded or linked an example design, people can mich easier help you. Or is it something we can find in your thread already?

BBS Signature

Response to flex print 2013-03-13 16:30:47

At 3/13/13 04:18 PM, Luwano wrote:
I once wanted to print something on my hoodie and they told me flex print only allowed 4 colors at their place. I just looked up an online store and they only allow 3 colors. So I guess it's not something suited for full color PNGs.

If you import PNGs to illustrator, I assume it automatically renders them into vector based images, thus resulting in a quality loss. Lucky or Nae would know a lot more about this I guess.

You should ask the print shop for details anyways, but if you uploaded or linked an example design, people can mich easier help you. Or is it something we can find in your thread already?

Well I did ask for specifics to the seller (no answer yet), but I dont wanna come off as a complete newb on the subject since I am trying to get him to sell my designs. Which is worth more for me then for him I guess.

anyway the questions are as broad as one may interpreted them. I have made some vector graphs, but only for texts, I am hoping that I can atleast convert some designs from PNG (or psd) without problems.

You confirmed my ideas about flex priniting, Ill do some more reserach on converting to illustrator.

thx

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature