00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you plan to get married one day?

2,717 Views | 39 Replies

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 13:23:21

If me and my partner settle down for a few years then it would be nice to. Not something I would force, but would be pleased to have.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 14:58:21

At 2/27/13 07:32 AM, Auz wrote: Nope. Neither me or my girlfriend cares much about marriage to be honest.

It seems like one of those things that couples are "supposed" to do after they've been together for a long time, but in essence it doesn't really mean anything and you can get the benefits from marriage in other ways as well. We might like giving the party, but we don't need to get married to throw a party so heh.

It's not that I'm against marriage though. If marrying makes people happy then by all means they should get married. I just don't see the appeal.

This is kind of true, I never saw much point in marriage either. But there is some comfort in being a 'traditional' family, following in the footsteps of generations that have come before. Sure, our relationship is no different now than it was before, but we're both happy being married and committed to each other officially and with the support of our families.

I like marriage now. I like what it stands for and the tradition behind it. In modern society it has lost a lot of its meaning, but if we have children I want to be married and a 'proper' family for them.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 16:53:07

I would like to, but I don't really see it happening.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 18:08:58

Yeah, I want to get engaged this year, it's one of my goals. I think I will propose around fall or something, shortly before winter. As long as I have a job that is. I'm not looking at too fancy of rings, I think we both have agreed on keeping it pretty cheap for engagement, and going all out with the dollaz once the actually marriage comes around.

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 18:21:37

I doubt I will ever get married let alone have a girlfriend. I'm too fucking shy.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 18:28:30

I'd be happy just to find someone who wants to spend the rest of their lives with me and vice versa. Marriage is just the cake topper.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 18:35:09

At 2/27/13 01:27 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: it's not! you're brought together with your heart's desire in holy matrimony before the eyes of god . . . plus tax deductions

--supergandhi64

You being a gimmick is being so fucking obvious now. You remind me of GodIsWatchingYou.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-27 18:36:23

Well this will depend on someone's life and his/her lover's life. But for me, not anytime soon when I grow up to mid-30s.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-28 14:16:13

Absolutely, not until my late twenties or early thirties though.

Response to Do you plan to get married one day? 2013-02-28 14:21:05

I have to get social contact with a girl first.

But, yeah. Why not?

BBS Signature