00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

upload flash game with multiple swf

1,232 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I just wonder if it possible to submit a flash game that requires multiple swfs files.

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 20:36:49

At 2/22/13 08:34 PM, nisitGamesStudio wrote: I just wonder if it possible to submit a flash game that requires multiple swfs files.

You would need a single swf that loads the other ones in somehow. If you can host the files, you can use the loader class to grab the swfs.

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 20:41:49

Thank you for your extremely quick reply
doesn't doing that violate the term that we cannot link to the external site? or are we allowed to do? if we are, that would be great.

suppose that if we can, what is the exact domain of our submit game (eg url such as www.newgrounds.com), so that I can set my crossdomain.xml in my server site.
Thank you in advance for your kindly reply

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 20:43:36

At 2/22/13 08:41 PM, nisitGamesStudio wrote: Thank you for your extremely quick reply
doesn't doing that violate the term that we cannot link to the external site? or are we allowed to do? if we are, that would be great.

suppose that if we can, what is the exact domain of our submit game (eg url such as www.newgrounds.com), so that I can set my crossdomain.xml in my server site.
Thank you in advance for your kindly reply

just extra info the word I "cannot link to external site" I meant load content info from external site

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 21:05:34

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
	<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />
	<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="80, 443" />
</cross-domain-policy>

that allows access from every ip to ports 80 and 443.
be aware of security risks with all of this.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 21:12:18

At 2/22/13 09:05 PM, egg82 wrote: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all" />
<a llow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="80, 443" />
</cross-domain-policy>

that allows access from every ip to ports 80 and 443.
be aware of security risks with all of this.

Thank you for your kind guide, but
My original question was "Are we actually allow to publish a game to newground that load other extra file from external site?" << will this one violate the term of newgrounds account usage.

And I don't want to permit every domain by setting to "all" so i want to know the specific domain that I can put it on.

Thank you very much for your kind answer, by the way

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 21:17:17

At 2/22/13 09:12 PM, nisitGamesStudio wrote: My original question was "Are we actually allow to publish a game to newground that load other extra file from external site?" << will this one violate the term of newgrounds account usage.

Its not against the rules. Lots of games do this, especially the multiplayer ones.

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-02-22 21:26:49

At 2/22/13 09:12 PM, nisitGamesStudio wrote: My original question was "Are we actually allow to publish a game to newground that load other extra file from external site?" << will this one violate the term of newgrounds account usage.

oh, I wasn't quite sure what you were asking so I took a shot.

4ur's right, it's not against anything that i'm aware of. Just watch your bandwidth, because it's going to skyrocket when you get thousands of people viewing your game.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-07-10 14:24:37

At 2/22/13 08:34 PM, nisitGamesStudio wrote: I just wonder if it possible to submit a flash game that requires multiple swfs files.

Hey, I wonder, do you manage to solve your problem? I have many URL's in my game, that are executed local (editing each url, by add to it domain prefix would kill me). Now i'm struggling the same problem, how to allow execute local files on my server from Newgrounds loader? I know i shoul change default domain, so local url's will know to load with proper prefix. Help!

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-07-10 22:45:39

You know how to concatenate strings?
Just use Ctrl+F in the code and replace URLRequest with CustomFunc.

function CustomFunc(str:String):URLRequest{
  return new URLRequest("http://www.example.com/"+str);
}

What this does, is replacing URLRequest("resource1.wav") with CustomFunc("resource1.wav") and CustomFunc is some sort of a mdified URLRequest, if you could say that. Quick, easy and dirty code-patching, I know.

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-07-11 06:10:13

At 7/10/13 10:45 PM, kkots wrote: Just use Ctrl+F in the code and replace URLRequest with CustomFunc.

function CustomFunc(str:String):URLRequest{
return new URLRequest("http://www.example.com/"+str);
}

Wow, if this will work it would be great, thanks! I will post results.

Response to upload flash game with multiple swf 2013-07-11 08:33:49

Wait a sec, you mean I must replace every "URLRequest" to this pre defined string (modify each link)? Or I can modify URLRequest Class so every link will run with domain prefix (just one function)?