00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Arkham Game Confirmed

880 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 06:43:17

I first got to know thorugh this video

Yes apparently a new Batman game in the Arkham franchise is due for release this very year. No real date is given though, but if they keep the promise to release it this year it sure is one of the games I will be looking forward to.

However yet again, this time around it is not Rocksteady that is developing the game. How this will affect the up coming game as whole I don''t know, but I guess fans such as myself might be a little skeptic to this sudden change in developer since Rocksteady haven't failed to deliver on the other two games in the franchises. But hopefully it will be great any way and I look forward to see more news on the subject, and the eventually release of the game.

How about you guys?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 09:56:08

Hmm didn't know Rocksteady wasn't developing it. This should be interesting.

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 11:24:53

I find it worrying that it isn't rocksteady that develops it. I knew a new franchise was to be made but I expected next year. Kinda excited for it, I loved Arkham City.
Probably we are going to find out what nonsense Azrael was talking about. According to what he said(as far as I can remember) this may be the end of Batman(unless he was talking about the events occurred during Arkham City). Also, I believe Scarecrow is going to be a major villain in this one,if not the main one.
Pretty excited about this though. These news actually made my day.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 11:33:42

I guess I'm looking forward to it. I have played Arkam Asylum and liked it. I didn't get very far in the game because of my shitty habit of playing a game a lot and then quit playing for months or even years.

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 13:39:37

I'm down.

I haven't touched my Xbox 360 since I beat Arkham City.

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 13:40:43

What's this one going to be called? Arkham Galaxy?

But seriously, I hope this one continues that massive cliffhanger with Scarecrow that we saw after the credits over three years ago in Arkham Asylum.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 14:23:07

At 2/13/13 01:40 PM, POTaTOS wrote: What's this one going to be called? Arkham Galaxy?

But seriously, I hope this one continues that massive cliffhanger with Scarecrow that we saw after the credits over three years ago in Arkham Asylum.

You realize that was only one of three random cliffhangers? There is also one with Killer Croc, and one with Bane.

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-13 14:26:20

As long as I can be Catwoman more than 4 times, I don't care who develops the game!

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-14 02:58:29

At 2/13/13 01:40 PM, POTaTOS wrote: What's this one going to be called? Arkham Galaxy?

There have been some rumors and speculations that the new game will take place in the whole city of Gotham and some Scare Crow easter eggs from Arkham City could suggest that it will be called "City of Terror".

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-14 05:39:30

At 2/14/13 04:19 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I just hope this one has more replay value than the other two games.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were alot of fun, but I didn't really find myself coming back to them after I had beaten the campaign.

I would personally say both games have replay value. Since I've lost track of how many times I've replayed the games. Heck I started a new playthrough of Arkham City last night.

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-14 09:57:37

At 2/14/13 04:19 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I just hope this one has more replay value than the other two games.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were alot of fun, but I didn't really find myself coming back to them after I had beaten the campaign.

I have beaten Arkham City more than 7 times and still would enjoy playing it again. I think AC had a great replay value.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-14 17:07:33

Goodgoodgoodgood. I never played Arkham Asylum but I enjoyed Arkham City. Fingers crossed for more Riddler.

I wonder if they'll bring the Joker back into the mix. I don't think I want them to if Mark Hamill's not gonna be a part of it, though.

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-14 17:14:27

Now I'm excited, even though it won't be Rocksteady, I remain hopeful the new developers will do it justice. As far as AA & AC having replay value, I definitely think they do. I've played through AA about 5-6 times already, at least once on each difficulty. I've only played through AC once at this point but that's only been due to having other games I needed to beat, I've been planning on playing through AC again after I finish with Darksiders 2 which I'm currently working on.

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-15 16:37:25

I still need to pick up Arkham City. Shame I've not even played that yet as I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum despite not getting 100% on it. Maybe watching through the DVDs of Batman: The Animated Series will get me to play it again and then eventually get to City.

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-15 17:01:28

At 2/14/13 05:07 PM, Jester wrote: Goodgoodgoodgood. I never played Arkham Asylum but I enjoyed Arkham City. Fingers crossed for more Riddler.

I wonder if they'll bring the Joker back into the mix. I don't think I want them to if Mark Hamill's not gonna be a part of it, though.

Somehow I missed this post before. Anyway, if you liked the Joker in Arkham City then you MUST play Arkham Asylum. I actually liked AA a little more than AC, I preferred the AA map and boss fights.

At 2/15/13 04:37 PM, Bahamut wrote: I still need to pick up Arkham City. Shame I've not even played that yet as I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum despite not getting 100% on it.

I think I got to like the high 80s percentage wise iirc, I had no problem completing the story and finding all hidden tapes/riddler trophies, but some of those fucking challenges were annoying and I just didn't enjoy them enough to bother completing all of them.

BBS Signature

Response to New Arkham Game Confirmed 2013-02-16 02:08:19

IDK about this if Rocksteady aren't developing

I'm back. Call the Police

BBS Signature