00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinion on graffiti?

3,256 Views | 35 Replies

Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 03:56:25

How do you feel about graffiti?

I'm not just talkin' bout names being written here and here, but having people do giant works of art etc...

Yes it's illegal so none of us do this ever, but your opinion on this?

Discuss? :)

!NG Birthday List! :3 Current Count: 151 <3|||HELLO OPERATOR!|||Greatest Thread Ever!

Formerly, and still,Rahvin-the-vampire. Thanks Valjylmyr :)

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 03:57:49

graffiti is kick ass and i always like to see what poeple can do with brick as a canvas.

"Having known you're a grade A jackass, i'll still give you my money."-Sifraudmis (friend)

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 04:04:07

No opinion. Next question please.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 04:52:24

At 2/9/13 03:56 AM, Senmetsu wrote: How do you feel about graffiti?

I like it. As long as the people who do it stick to industrial areas and concrete walls and stuff, it's all good, there's a lot of fantastic motives out there and I like the fact that it's all non-profit. Those who make great graffiti are true artists. Then there are assholes who tag trees and signs and shit, which is just stupid. And tags = not graffiti.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 07:42:18

It's pretty cool as long as they don't do that stupid gangster shit

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 07:44:56

I don't like the "If it looks good" argument. It's too hypocritical. People act like the law is their own moral code too often. I think if people do it, sure. I don't care. Obviously I think a skilled artists piece is nicer to look at.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 08:02:01

throwing up gang signs is cool. rep the streets.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 08:15:37

At 2/9/13 07:42 AM, SteelChair wrote: It's pretty cool as long as they don't do that stupid gangster shit

And what is that stupid gangster shit?

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 10:14:25

Well, Graffiti is a form of art too.

A wild lurker appeared!

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 10:17:59

It makes the world a little more colourful.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 11:58:43

Controlled it is OK. I love it

But, I mean, painting somebody's business wall does not look right, specially those tasteless tags. That shit does not come off easily.

Growing up, other girls wanted to be princesses..., shit, I wanted to be an outlaw

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:00:08

I forgot... our government sometimes allows good graffiti artist to decorate the city walls, but you need a permit and to compete to be able to do it

Growing up, other girls wanted to be princesses..., shit, I wanted to be an outlaw

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:02:11

That one kicks ass!!

At 2/9/13 10:43 AM, Ma1achi wrote: It's gives a unique look because they are limited to spray paints bottles. Also, just because it looks 'gangster' doesn't mean its necessarily gang related, its just a certain style.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:05:08

Graffiti is illegal, but it has turned into a form of art on it's own, so I don't think the people worry about that much.

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:05:53

Graffiti is a crime! Art is HORRIBLE. They should all be thrown in jail! FOREVER!

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:19:40

they should make it legal in some places.

graffiti partly reflects the culture. it allows people to expressive their feelings, just like popular music. (i enjoy looking at those drawings too). i don't see what harm graffiti would do if it is restricted to certain areas.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:26:43

At 2/9/13 12:23 PM, shitposter wrote:
At 2/9/13 07:42 AM, SteelChair wrote: It's pretty cool as long as they don't do that stupid gangster shit
pretty much this

pretty much not this. You don't pick and choose what graffiti you see or whatever art you see. Expression will sometimes be interpreted as gangsta.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 12:59:51

If you think tagging is so cool, you can tag yourself in the ass!
If you think tagging is so fucking cool, you can tag yourself in the ass!
But don't come and tag on my window because that window I'm going to look outside of and it's not so fucking easy to look outside of a window full of graffiti, am I right?
So if you come back to tag on my window then I'll tag in your asshole!
Graffiti is the very lamest thing I know of!
If you're a tagger you are really, really stupid!
First of all, it's ugly, and it's expensive to remove and there's almost nobody who thinks it's cool at all.
Tagging is not cool, it is much cooler to get involved in politics!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to collect butterflies in a small purse!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to sleep so long in the morning that you come too late for school!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to be rude towards parents and the disabled!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to smoke when you're in fourth grade!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to rape and kill prostitutes!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to jump out of a plane without a parachute!
Tagging isn't cool, it's much cooler to do bungee jumping with steel wires, instead of elastic cords, so both the feet get ripped off!
When you have to inject a heroin syringe into the eye because you have no veins left in the body, then you're cool, but when you tag, then you're not fucking cool at all. I even think my mother is cooler than those who tag.
(Lyrics from norwegian song)

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:23:05

At 2/9/13 12:59 PM, Dragen wrote: If you think tagging is so cool, you can tag yourself in the ass!
(Lyrics from norwegian song)

Greatest track ever. :D

At 2/9/13 10:43 AM, Ma1achi wrote: It's gives a unique look because they are limited to spray paints bottles. Also, just because it looks 'gangster' doesn't mean its necessarily gang related, its just a certain style.

That picture makes me think of NG somehow. Like the portal page gathering. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:36:55

i like the look of it

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:39:17

I see too much of it. damn teenagers. some of it is well made though.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:48:38

A childish eyesore.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:52:40

I like it alright

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 13:53:04

At 2/9/13 01:51 PM, Xenomit wrote:
I don't really like graffiti either, but you have to admit that some of it is really, really well done. I agree that it's pretty dumb, but I can at least acknowledge that some of it would look pretty good on a canvas.

Some of it would look good on a canvas, I live in the south there isn't any "good" graffiti here.

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 16:02:54

At 2/9/13 01:48 PM, Saen wrote: A childish eyesore.

Yeah fuck art we should all just spend all day at the gym and post pictures of our self every where instead!

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 16:04:03

I think graffiti is expression art and more place should be created where it is legal to paint. Graffiti artists should be more recognised and more people should embrace the art form.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 16:05:11

Well I live just outside of Bristol where Banksy is from so I'm fairly biased. I see mostly nice graffiti.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 19:53:39

As long as it's not done on houses and local businesses I'm all for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 20:59:31

they are worthless vandals

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Opinion on graffiti? 2013-02-09 22:48:00

I'm in the city, so there's a lot of it around here. Generally I like it (when it's done well) but it's rare for me to really stop and look. Sure makes things look more interesting though.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)