00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Joby64 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinions on website design

624 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Opinions on website design 2013-01-17 18:56:06

Just wanted to know more opinions about my website. Is it allright do think for this kind of bussines?
I know wife's opinion, now I want to know yours.
http://village-decorators.co.uk/Sevenoaks.html

Response to Opinions on website design 2013-01-17 19:30:25

At 1/17/13 06:56 PM, nerijusvr wrote: Just wanted to know more opinions about my website. Is it allright do think for this kind of bussines?

All of the text is roughly the same size and color. I'd vary it up, separating out titles from important text and blurbs.
Your image loading circle gif has a white background. Your site's background is not white, so it looks quite ugly.
Your logo has this same problem. It has white leftovers that make it look quite ugly and unprofessional.
I don't think your contact us page should have that image scroller at the top. In fact you should only include that image scroller on the home page.
I would also remove the "quick contact" from the footer. You have a contact button in the navigation and contact details in the footer already. It's redundant.
"Our Services" page has a whole lot of underlined text but they are links! Don't do that. I want to click on them but they do nothing. Also, it doesn't look like a list. It just looks like lines of text, and I don't find it particularly appealing to read. Try to separate your services into categories and display them side-by-side in organized lists.
Your "About Us" on the first page is a little long, but that's just my personal preference.

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on website design 2013-01-17 20:21:56

I agree with the poster above on everything (s)he said (my Swiss cheese brain can't remember who posted before me.)

There's a small patch of white at the top of the page, it's quite distracting.

Other than that I'd note that the design is not friendly for phones/tablet resolutions. With the number of people going online with mobile devices increasing I'd imagine they're an important demographic to include in your design.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to Opinions on website design 2013-01-31 19:45:21

At 1/17/13 06:56 PM, nerijusvr wrote: Just wanted to know more opinions about my website. Is it allright do think for this kind of bussines?

I couldn't help but notice the distinct lack of a favico.
Just add a .ico file you want to your server and add this line of code into your header.

<link rel="favicon" href="favicon.ico">

You are reading this