Be a Supporter!

is programming for nerds

  • 1,228 Views
  • 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
is programming for nerds 2012-12-28 23:23:37 Reply

its cool but do i have to been a nerd to qualify


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 00:08:38 Reply

At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.

I've been a nerd for as long as I can remember, I have never once wore thick rimmed glasses


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 00:12:53 Reply

I was trying to post about how programmers get all the pussy
I was gonna be all like throw some terms at them and they will flock to you
But I know shit fuck about programming so I couldn't think of any terms
I'm sorry I have failed you and disgraced myself
I will now commit the traditional chinese art of sudoku to regain my ancestor's honor
Also programming is 4 nerds, go Play some more Magic The Gathering titshit

NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 00:20:56 Reply

Yeah, but those nerds are the ones with the 6 figure jobs.


BBS Signature
GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Member since: Feb. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 06:54:00 Reply

I like programming and I don't think I'm a nerd.

But then again, I did make my username GodOfVideoGames...

YomToxic
YomToxic
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:14:28 Reply

At 12/28/12 11:23 PM, apocalypseven wrote: its cool but do i have to been a nerd to qualify

Yes, yes it is.

But actually, programming is more than that.

Think of programming as the power to create, and destroy. Sure, it's hard at first; the learning curve is steep and people often give up. But in the end, you're the one heading your own software company, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, while the people who belittled nerds get shit jobs at the local macdonalds.

So yes, it's for nerds. If you're not committed, back off; because that's what you'll be doing when you find that it isn't exactly easy to get into.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:21:21 Reply

Nerd is a term for stupid people to use in envy of intelligence that actually does get you through life.

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Animator
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:29:16 Reply

Y'know the saying "You don't have to be crazy to work here...but it helps!", right?

It's kinda like that.


"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 08:39:55 Reply

If you have to ask you shouldn't even try

Nerds might not have looks but looks don't matter once your programming for DONALD TRUMP making A BIMILLITHOUSAND PESOS

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 08:42:22 Reply

At 12/29/12 08:39 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Nerds might not have looks but looks don't matter

Yes, because our aesthetic nature has everything to do with programming technology.

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

LordMartin-Mac
LordMartin-Mac
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 08:47:38 Reply

I think anyone can apply for programming, not just nerds.


LM-M// Twitter:@Uncle_MartinMac/ PSN:LordMartinMac/

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:08:35 Reply

At 12/29/12 08:42 AM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 12/29/12 08:39 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Nerds might not have looks but looks don't matter
Yes, because our aesthetic nature has everything to do with programming technology.

now who's the one misinterpreting my joke as a serious post

MoonClock
MoonClock
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:18:03 Reply

You're on Newgrounds.

You're a nerd.

Go learn some C++, motherfucker.


Signature...Ha...

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:37:30 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: now who's the one misinterpreting my joke as a serious post

I read your words telegraphically and systematically. Your intentions do not affiliate with how I read your text at face value. I'm just a computeristic badass. Bite my wires, bitch.

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:57:39 Reply

At 12/29/12 12:20 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: Yeah, but those nerds are the ones with the 6 figure jobs.

That's the kind of thing I've always heard people saying in high school. "You can pick on those nerds now, but they're going to be your boss later" and yada yada.

I'm sure programming and computer science jobs pay well, because there just happens to be a large shortage of computer scientists and ICT people at the moment. However, just knowing stuff about computers doesn't guarantee you're going to be a CEO or a big-shot at some large company or something. There are more skills required for that. Also, I've met plenty of nerdy guys who didn't really amount to much.

So don't think they're all going to become Bill Gates.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
G-F-D
G-F-D
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Art Lover
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:09:59 Reply

I know a cute gurl that codes like a beast. You don't have to be nerdy, if you enjoy programming then go for it :)


BBS Signature
TheElephant
TheElephant
  • Member since: Nov. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:11:30 Reply

this time I said any of them tonight haha huh who is this kids now I can sign the moonlight put that at but it didn't help that huh that mean


remembre my name!

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:15:39 Reply

At 12/29/12 07:14 AM, YomToxic wrote:
Think of programming as the power to create, and destroy. Sure, it's hard at first; the learning curve is steep and people often give up. But in the end, you're the one heading your own software company, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, while the people who belittled nerds get shit jobs at the local macdonalds.

its quite enticing

So yes, it's for nerds. If you're not committed, back off; because that's what you'll be doing when you find that it isn't exactly easy to get into.

It seems like a life commitment, it seems to be a great programmer you actually have to live a life as a nerd, realistically most of your time in the day (and night) is going to be on your computer alone, you will live an introverted life. You will not be a social butterfly, is it worth it, I think it is, but I find I have to constantly tell people to fuck off and have all my time reserved for my computer to stand a chance.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
littlegonkyboy
littlegonkyboy
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:26:05 Reply

i want to become a programmer, but everytime i try to do something big (with Game maker or Java) when i see an error and i can't resolve it i give up instantly (especially with java).
probably because i'm demotivated and also that i'm not that good at programming


Signature made by illicit, thank you!

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:08:03 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:37 AM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 12/29/12 09:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: now who's the one misinterpreting my joke as a serious post
I read your words telegraphically and systematically. Your intentions do not affiliate with how I read your text at face value. I'm just a computeristic badass. Bite my wires, bitch.

i only understand binary

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:23:17 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: i only understand binary

I'm fagtose intolerant.

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:33:58 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:23 AM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 12/29/12 11:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: i only understand binary
I'm fagtose intolerant.

Tom's gonna have to buy a second server eventually if you keep dumping unrelated images in your posts. You don't wanna make tom cry, do you?

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:39:20 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:33 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tom's gonna have to buy a second server eventually if you keep dumping unrelated images in your posts. You don't wanna make tom cry, do you?

I'm compromising for all of your shit posts. It serves as an equalizer for all of the garbage that is on the BBS and your face.

Now, change your name to the more accurate ''Urbum-Champion'', and leave this place to the adults such as Tom and I. >:c

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:42:27 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:39 AM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 12/29/12 11:33 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tom's gonna have to buy a second server eventually if you keep dumping unrelated images in your posts. You don't wanna make tom cry, do you?
I'm compromising for all of your shit posts.

every argument you make is now invalid because i have read your mind and you have said so yourself and sicen you are always right you can't disprove yourself in any way without being completely wrong

also, this picture is my argument

is programming for nerds

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:52:14 Reply

You've probably given the word nerd a wrong,in my opinion,definition. Nerd is not exclusively a person that always plays video games and argues all the time whether the prequels were better than the original movies. Nerd is an intelligent person willing to obtain new information and learn various stuff. So yeah someone who finds programming interesting enough to start experimenting with it is IMO a nerd.


Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:57:52 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:42 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: also, this picture is my argument

However, thoughts are reciprocal in nature. Even if you could read my mind, it would be no different than reading a book or staring up at a cloud. Your mind is not my mind, therefore your interpretation and interaction will differ substantially. I win, you lose. I don't win because I always win, but because you lost the moment you tried to challenge me in my own game.

is programming for nerds


You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 12:03:32 Reply

At 12/29/12 11:57 AM, Insanctuary wrote:
At 12/29/12 11:42 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: also, this picture is my argument
However, thoughts are reciprocal in nature. Even if you could read my mind, it would be no different than reading a book or staring up at a cloud. Your mind is not my mind, therefore your interpretation and interaction will differ substantially. I win, you lose. I don't win because I always win, but because you lost the moment you tried to challenge me in my own game.

While that may be true, I have reason to believe that you have greatly miscalculated the outcome of your actions. For, you see, since you've already stated that you are wrong in your head, that means that if you said that you are right, you are still wrong because you are disproving yourself, which is impossible since you only speak the fact, disregarding who "wins" or not, as winning and being right do not coorelate; rather you are trying to say that you are wrong but since i interpreted your wrong as wrong that it could not be right as 2 wrongs make a right and 3 rights make a left and the scientific probability of you being able to disprove this statement with anything but a logical fallacy or a lie is absolute zero. this Ti-89 calculator is smarter than any human brain, even one as grand and knowledgable as yours.

LDAF
LDAF
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Gamer
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 13:54:26 Reply

At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.

But...but... I thought it was "Excelsior!"?


Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 14:02:08 Reply

At 12/29/12 01:59 PM, Scary wrote:
At 12/29/12 01:54 PM, LDAF wrote:
At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.
But...but... I thought it was "Excelsior!"?
babinga

i really laugh harder than i need to at pictures like this
im seriously not proud of it

the tiniest things get me laughing


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 14:02:25 Reply

At 12/29/12 01:59 PM, Scary wrote:
At 12/29/12 01:54 PM, LDAF wrote:
At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.
But...but... I thought it was "Excelsior!"?
babinga

something something

BAZINGA

omfg best show ever 10/10


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature