00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is programming for nerds

2,551 Views | 23 Replies

is programming for nerds 2012-12-28 23:23:37

its cool but do i have to been a nerd to qualify

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 00:20:56

Yeah, but those nerds are the ones with the 6 figure jobs.

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 06:54:00

I like programming and I don't think I'm a nerd.

But then again, I did make my username GodOfVideoGames...

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:14:28

At 12/28/12 11:23 PM, apocalypseven wrote: its cool but do i have to been a nerd to qualify

Yes, yes it is.

But actually, programming is more than that.

Think of programming as the power to create, and destroy. Sure, it's hard at first; the learning curve is steep and people often give up. But in the end, you're the one heading your own software company, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, while the people who belittled nerds get shit jobs at the local macdonalds.

So yes, it's for nerds. If you're not committed, back off; because that's what you'll be doing when you find that it isn't exactly easy to get into.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:21:21

Nerd is a term for stupid people to use in envy of intelligence that actually does get you through life.

is programming for nerds

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 07:29:16

Y'know the saying "You don't have to be crazy to work here...but it helps!", right?

It's kinda like that.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 08:42:22

At 12/29/12 08:39 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Nerds might not have looks but looks don't matter

Yes, because our aesthetic nature has everything to do with programming technology.

is programming for nerds

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 08:47:38

I think anyone can apply for programming, not just nerds.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:18:03

You're on Newgrounds.

You're a nerd.

Go learn some C++, motherfucker.

Signature...Ha...

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:37:30

At 12/29/12 09:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: now who's the one misinterpreting my joke as a serious post

I read your words telegraphically and systematically. Your intentions do not affiliate with how I read your text at face value. I'm just a computeristic badass. Bite my wires, bitch.

is programming for nerds

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 09:57:39

At 12/29/12 12:20 AM, MrSoxfan wrote: Yeah, but those nerds are the ones with the 6 figure jobs.

That's the kind of thing I've always heard people saying in high school. "You can pick on those nerds now, but they're going to be your boss later" and yada yada.

I'm sure programming and computer science jobs pay well, because there just happens to be a large shortage of computer scientists and ICT people at the moment. However, just knowing stuff about computers doesn't guarantee you're going to be a CEO or a big-shot at some large company or something. There are more skills required for that. Also, I've met plenty of nerdy guys who didn't really amount to much.

So don't think they're all going to become Bill Gates.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:09:59

I know a cute gurl that codes like a beast. You don't have to be nerdy, if you enjoy programming then go for it :)

Shrug Island - A hand drawn musical adventure game <3

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:11:30

this time I said any of them tonight haha huh who is this kids now I can sign the moonlight put that at but it didn't help that huh that mean

remembre my name!

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 10:15:39

At 12/29/12 07:14 AM, YomToxic wrote:
Think of programming as the power to create, and destroy. Sure, it's hard at first; the learning curve is steep and people often give up. But in the end, you're the one heading your own software company, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, while the people who belittled nerds get shit jobs at the local macdonalds.

its quite enticing

So yes, it's for nerds. If you're not committed, back off; because that's what you'll be doing when you find that it isn't exactly easy to get into.

It seems like a life commitment, it seems to be a great programmer you actually have to live a life as a nerd, realistically most of your time in the day (and night) is going to be on your computer alone, you will live an introverted life. You will not be a social butterfly, is it worth it, I think it is, but I find I have to constantly tell people to fuck off and have all my time reserved for my computer to stand a chance.

" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:23:17

At 12/29/12 11:08 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: i only understand binary

I'm fagtose intolerant.

is programming for nerds

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:39:20

At 12/29/12 11:33 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tom's gonna have to buy a second server eventually if you keep dumping unrelated images in your posts. You don't wanna make tom cry, do you?

I'm compromising for all of your shit posts. It serves as an equalizer for all of the garbage that is on the BBS and your face.

Now, change your name to the more accurate ''Urbum-Champion'', and leave this place to the adults such as Tom and I. >:c

is programming for nerds

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:52:14

You've probably given the word nerd a wrong,in my opinion,definition. Nerd is not exclusively a person that always plays video games and argues all the time whether the prequels were better than the original movies. Nerd is an intelligent person willing to obtain new information and learn various stuff. So yeah someone who finds programming interesting enough to start experimenting with it is IMO a nerd.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 11:57:52

At 12/29/12 11:42 AM, Urban-Champion wrote: also, this picture is my argument

However, thoughts are reciprocal in nature. Even if you could read my mind, it would be no different than reading a book or staring up at a cloud. Your mind is not my mind, therefore your interpretation and interaction will differ substantially. I win, you lose. I don't win because I always win, but because you lost the moment you tried to challenge me in my own game.

is programming for nerds

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 13:54:26

At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.

But...but... I thought it was "Excelsior!"?

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 14:02:25

At 12/29/12 01:59 PM, Scary wrote:
At 12/29/12 01:54 PM, LDAF wrote:
At 12/29/12 12:07 AM, Cherry wrote: Yes, go watch Star Trek and wear thick rimmed glasses and say "bazinga" often.
But...but... I thought it was "Excelsior!"?
babinga

something something

BAZINGA

omfg best show ever 10/10

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 14:43:34

No. A lot of designer are also programmers. That being said. Define nerd, because a lot of people would say that someone who spends their time on an Internet forum is a nerd.

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 16:19:39

Alert("yes")

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 18:11:42

Nowadays if you wear thick rimmed glasses, you're a "hipster".

Response to is programming for nerds 2012-12-29 18:18:52

At 12/29/12 06:08 PM, dem0lecule wrote: You should have asked this question in Programming forum, there they'll give you straight answers.

I'll give you straight.

Nope, definitely not. Programming isn't all nerdy. Many programmers are great in sports, arts, music and people skills. If you want to do programming, shouldn't ask "is programming for me". You should:

OP didn't want any real info. For a question as vain as this he just wanted to look cool.