00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam

26,837 Views | 44 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 00:42:03

At 11/28/12 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/28/12 02:51 AM, EggfordTheEgg wrote: The fact that my word is still being used, and I was able to make even such a small mark on Newgrounds, makes me happier than you can even realize. <3
We just need an ashkinscript 3.0 contest too!

I still need to have that flash off with afro-ninja

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 08:16:39

Hi Tom pls respond.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 08:47:40

Can't wait to see them Tom!

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 08:51:28

pls tom

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 08:58:11

are we getting Winter themes and level Icons again this year?

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 09:34:16

At 11/29/12 08:16 AM, Slint wrote: Hi Tom pls respond.

Hi Slint

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 12:08:17

At 11/27/12 11:23 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Can't wait to see them.

Hello, ^^

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 14:13:57

At 11/29/12 01:30 PM, Alisbet wrote: I seriously hope that when browsing search results, the HTML5 games are marked differently in some way. Just so that you don't click it accidentally if your computer doesn't support HTML5 and you didn't know it better.

If you accidentally click an HTML5 game and your computer doesn't support it, it's not like it's going to cause a system crash.

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-29 22:51:59

At 11/27/12 11:15 AM, Sequenced wrote: If only I can make movies...

I feel your pain too, bro...

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-11-30 00:00:14

I thinks can I got a month off for break in two weeks and I will have nothing to do.
--------------------
Best flash online kizistar games

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-12-03 00:01:56

At 11/27/12 12:30 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/27/12 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: Winter
The background by FarturAst is lovely!!
Is there a place where all the past site skins are 'archived'? If not, maybe we should make a thread or something!

I agree with that there should be a place where all the past sit skins are listed.

Do Not Press -"No Seriously"-

Support NG -"If only I can.."-

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-12-10 05:05:22

I'm going to enter :)
Got my my thing storyboarded and ready to get started. The Royal Elvish Air Force (for Christmas of course). Hopefully I finish it in time...

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-12-13 09:10:38

Is there an official preloader for the Gift Jam?

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-12-24 04:28:07

I finished my animation. It might not be much, but at least I had a go!
The Royal Elvish Air Force:

I didn't know what to do with it, so I just put the link here :)

At 11/27/12 11:13 AM, TomFulp wrote: We used to organize a big Winter Flash-Off each year but more recently I decided I don't like encouraging people to spend their time making MORE movies about winter and the holidays. However, a few great animators have asked about it and Adam Phillips just released a fun movie so I thought we could still provide some reward for people who want to get in the spirit!

This contest is just for movies and the deadline is December 25th. The best Christmas / Holiday / Winter Season movie will receive $150, the second best $100 and third best $50. You're welcome to use our API for ads or include the NG Winter Preloader but neither is required. You could also promote the Christmas 2012 collection! If your movie is in MP4 format, let me know in advance and I can give your account access to upload.

The other thing I was thinking would be fun this year is to give everyone some GIFTS on Christmas Day, in the form of new games! Who doesn't like getting new games for Christmas?

JohnnyUtah and I are trying to wrap up a game that I really hope to release on Christmas Day. If you're a game developer you could do the same! Don't make your game about Christmas or Winter unless you got a really great idea for those. Your game doesn't have to be HUGE either, it should just try to be something COOL, something MAGICAL. Try experimenting with some new ideas, make something that will tickle the eyes, ears or brain. Publish it on Christmas Day (or late on Christmas Eve) and everyone can wake up and open their presents!

Tag your game with "giftjam2012" and we'll use that to see what games participated on Christmas Day. The best game will receive $150, second $100 and third $50.

Never made a game before? This could be a good time to experiment with Stencyl or Construct 2! If you're making a game in HTML5, notify me in advance so I can give your account access to upload HTML5 games.

Also consider sharing some of your ad revenue with the Child's Play Charity account!

Voting for the Best of November begins this Saturday!

Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam

Response to Winter Flash-Off and Game Jam 2012-12-25 22:45:54

I'm having trouble uploading my entry. Whenever I go to submit my video, it tells me that I'm missing the required project title, even though I've entered a title and agreed to the TOS. I've tried in three different browsers to no avail, and it's getting late in the day. I worked really hard on this entry, so I hope you can still accept it. All I have right now is a youtube link, but hopefully I'll hear back soon enough with some instructions to submit my video to NG without this error. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG11qqlA0mc