00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goodbye Twinkies

2,266 Views | 27 Replies

Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 09:46:30

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-brands-wind-down-co mpany-120000518.html

At least until someone buys the brand and starts making them again.

Unions: When the economy is hurting, hurt it even more by forcing shutdowns like this.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 10:17:34

At 11/16/12 09:46 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: At least until someone buys the brand and starts making them again.

Very, very likely. Same for the whole Hostess brand. It's the worlds largest bakery, so anyone would be up to take it.

Just don't expect it to be from the US. Anheuser-Busch, anyone?

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 11:17:16

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1324295

Baww/zombieland thread goin on about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 11:40:55

At 11/16/12 09:46 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/hostess-brands-wind-down-co mpany-120000518.html

At least until someone buys the brand and starts making them again.

Well

I was at the store the other day and saw twinkies and cupcakes by another company so there areother companies that make simular stuff.

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 15:05:31

we dont need spongebaccake anyway

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 16:09:07

But how will comic book heroes stop criminals without Hostess Fruit Pies!

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 20:31:42

Anyone with a Facebook...or, friends in real life, knows this. I am actually sick of hearing it.

No disrespect intended, but people are just now pretending to care and it's annoying. If people bought them Hostess wouldn't be going out of business in the first place.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 20:44:53

At 11/16/12 08:31 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Anyone with a Facebook...or, friends in real life, knows this. I am actually sick of hearing it.

No disrespect intended, but people are just now pretending to care and it's annoying. If people bought them Hostess wouldn't be going out of business in the first place.

I haven't eaten a Twinkie in many moons, but that still doesn't mean I wanted the entire operation to close.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 21:11:13

At 11/16/12 04:09 PM, Darthdenim wrote: But how will comic book heroes stop criminals without Hostess Fruit Pies!

As has been said, there are alternatives.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 21:40:49

Unions, fuck them. We need MORE jobs, not LESS!!!!

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 23:05:53

You might, I mean you will all think I'm a fucking weirdo because I honestly never had a Twinkie in my life. Seriously. I've never eaten one before. My mom just never bought them I guess.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 23:07:34

Anyone snapped a photo of a scooter hauling Hostess products yet?

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-16 23:50:42

In times like these, I like to quote the wise member of this site, Bolo:

unions > not unions.

Srsly, the 19th century sucked.

Goodbye Twinkies

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 00:49:45

Im so freaking pissed about them not making twinkies anymore.

Anyway.. did anyone else think about that scene in Zombieland when the hostess truck didn't have any twinkies in it?

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 01:48:58

YES OBAMA, LET'S KEEP TAXING THE SHIT OUT OF BIG BUSINESSES

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 02:30:11

I had a twinkie once and it was awful so good riddance

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 02:42:58

Maybe if they made good treats people would buy them and they wouldn't be in such dire financial straits.

Make good products. (twinkies are disgusting)

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 02:59:03

At 11/17/12 02:42 AM, Shayl wrote: Maybe if they made good treats people would buy them and they wouldn't be in such dire financial straits.

I agreee

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 04:33:27

honestly im gonna miss hostess cupcakes and ding-dongs much more than Twinkies.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-17 10:52:43

At 11/17/12 02:59 AM, TheTruth34 wrote:
At 11/17/12 02:42 AM, Shayl wrote: Maybe if they made good treats people would buy them and they wouldn't be in such dire financial straits.

I agreee

I like how neither of you even bothered to check out the article. They had to shut down because workers went on strike.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 19:37:29

At 11/17/12 10:52 AM, Suprememessage wrote:

I agreee
I like how neither of you even bothered to check out the article. They had to shut down because workers went on strike.

i think regardless their point still remains, which is that Twinkies taste gross.

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:06:04

At 11/16/12 09:46 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: Unions: When the economy is hurting, hurt it even more by forcing shutdowns like this.

Get your facts straight mate. Don't hate on the unions here; take a minute to think about who's going to be spinning the reports on this the most.

Goodbye Twinkies

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:10:35

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/twinkies_likely_to_sur vice_hostess_JNuZs4P9cKN4rG8mcV0nYM

Good news, I know it's from NY Post but at least the despair won't last. Hostess fans will rejoice while the haters will probaly listen to their Linkin Park records (anything after Hybrid Theory) and cuts themselves with the blade of bitter hatred and moan in agony of despair.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:10:53

At 11/17/12 10:52 AM, Suprememessage wrote:

I agreee

Not exactly why, look at all their pre-existing debt. Please don't jump on the bottom rung workers here just because that's the face value 'scoop' story that the media likes to give out. Historically there are almost no examples of media businesses being on the side of unions.

Don't forget the things unions have done: the weekend, the minimum wage, the rights to so many things that make your life tolerable.

Goodbye Twinkies

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:12:53

At 11/18/12 08:06 PM, Otto wrote:

Get your facts straight mate. Don't hate on the unions here; take a minute to think about who's going to be spinning the reports on this the most.

Is that Twitter?

Anyway for a time being, what alternatives will the people go for? Today all I find was Little Debbie's. Then again it wasn't all bad since they're fifty cents each.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:21:13

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I'm gonna go Tallahassee on the world now!

Goodbye Twinkies

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:22:37

At 11/18/12 08:14 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 11/18/12 08:10 PM, Otto wrote: Don't forget the things unions have done: the weekend, the minimum wage, the rights to so many things that make your life tolerable.
Things that literally happened 100 years ago do not override the negatives of today, or else we would view republicans as good for freeing the slaves and giving people civil rights.

Unions aren't just riding on things they did in the past, they still do things now. They do a few minor different things in Britain but in America I've discovered that unions run the biggest training programs outside of the military, which are often linked with companies, creating many many subsequent sought after apprenticeships.

"Did you know that union letter carriers save lives all the time by alerting officials when an elderly person hasn't collected her mail from the mailbox?"

Thing is though if you take them away now then there really is no rape-ex device to stop our workers rights being taken away. They'll lube us up and fuck us boy, don't you see.

More close to home, my dad who works with a recruitment agency (work is very very non-existent where I live, rural England), has finally been given equal pay to people who do the same job as him, because of the recruitment agency union. Before that, he could be given the frankly inadequate minimum wage forever, for doing the same job as people getting paid more, simply because he had a non-secure job.

Yeah they've got their bad times; I fucking hate when the post goes on strike, but when they do, I understand that in the grand scheme of things I'm glad to have a postal service run by people who believe they are entitled because they work, not just because they are.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Twinkies 2012-11-18 20:24:23

At 11/18/12 08:21 PM, Rabbidking wrote: Noooooooooooooooo!!!! I'm gonna go Tallahassee on the world now!

The Twinkies will be back.

They will "survice" the bankruptcy since the company gets sold.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature