00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Original Rpg Project (apply Here)

2,953 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Original Rpg Project (apply Here) 2012-12-09 03:12:30

Alright!
And there we have it! Thanks for everyone who applied to our project! With this wonderful feedback we've gotten, I've been able to assemble a team of 5 very talented people to work on this game! So, we are starting the project! Thanks to you all, and if mods would like to close this topic now, they may.

Response to Original Rpg Project (apply Here) 2012-12-11 05:37:24

At 11/13/12 08:49 PM, XsakuX wrote: (For Programmers/ Coders)
You MUSTknow how to use either (Game Maker 8, Unity 3D, or RPG Maker VX Ace)

I know how to "use" them all, but using them effectively is another story. I quit using RPG Maker when RPG Maker 2003 was still not even translated, so VX Ace is kinda out of my interest zone. I am told the newer versions have powerful scripting support, but I have not been convinced of this. Game Maker is appealing in many ways, but I never got into it, because I was already making games in Flash and saw no reason to switch when I was toying with the option. I see a reason to switch now. Game Maker and RPG Maker are both integrated into Steam now! I also know a few friends who are working with Game Maker to make some pretty impressive game demos.

I just got started with Unity, and while I understand the programming, I do not understand the editor enough to deal with it right now. I have been toying with it off and on for a few weeks, and I have developed a few simple behavior scripts and an animated model, but I have not figured out how to get a working UI yet. If you think I could be of use, let me know, because I have the general programming experience to make a functional RPG system (dialogue, choices, shops, equipment, random encounters, etc.) and have a working system already developed for AS3.