00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Lost-Mod grsaveyard

801 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-27 10:50:06

I would like to make this thread for all of you, here, you can post a post-mortem of a mod you were looking foward to/is no longer supported, and is not being finished/continued.

I think that we should post a link to each mod's page here (if it has one) and maybe a tribute picture. It would just be interesting to see how much support each mod that hasn't been completed/updated had/has gathered.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-27 11:12:52

They Hunger: Lost Souls. For Half-Life 2.
If you're a fan of both Half-life and Horror games there is no way you wouldn't have played the original "They Hunger" mod back in 1999. It was considered one of the most scariest games of all times. Some consider it much scarier than Dead Space and Amnesia. It was followed up by two sequels but they never beat the original's atmosphere.

After 5 years, it was finally going to have a faithful reboot to the franchise with the commercial mod "They Hunger: Lost Souls" by the same guy that made the original, but the mod author died recently two years back and thus the mod is considered dead. The beta testers said it was going to be really awesome... What a shame.

Response to The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-27 16:22:53

P.S. I just wanted to say that the typo in the title is purposeful, I'm hoping that if some of these mods get enough support, even if it's not by the original developers that they are recontinued.

BBS Signature

Response to The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-27 17:23:17

Quake: Source

It was already dead when I first discovered it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-27 21:25:45

mods are lame bitch

Response to The Lost-Mod grsaveyard 2012-10-30 20:36:18

At 10/27/12 09:25 PM, RiverOfBloodyTears wrote: mods are lame bitch

Black Mesa disagrees.

BBS Signature