00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question about webcomics !

659 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-13 14:47:02

Recently ive been making weekly comics (i don t know, its something weekly) and uploading them to newgrounds and tumblr . The thing is i dont know if it would be better to put them in a website (of my own, ya know ?) and also put some other stuff (more comics or something), would it be better ? and if so ...

how do i do it ? ive heard about some webs like comic genesis and others, they are like communities but they also provide hosting for webcomics.

Would it be better to get a paid hosting? (i m a starving college student :S )

Sorry if it s a bunch of dumb questions, im just curious, cause ive seen people here that have webcomics. Dont hit me, take my lunch money.

Response to Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-13 17:02:51

It doesn't cost a lot to host a webcomic. Only $8.95 a month on Dreamhost (I think), and you can save $50 off of buying a year of hosting if you use the code "DRAMA" I believe (so about $70 for the first year). $8.95 is, like, the cost of a meal.

I think people would be much more likely to read a comic with its own website than one on Comic Genesis or whatever. It adds a certain degree of professionalism.

Here's a good guide on how to do it:

How To Host Your Own Webcomic

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-13 19:09:08

Nice! thanks a lot man for your help, gonna check that out.

At 10/13/12 05:02 PM, Aigis wrote:

Response to Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-13 19:21:24

Oh wow dude, this is very helpful ! oh and btw have you tried to put adsense to wordpress (meaning earning $ by ads you put on the webcomic page) ?

At 10/13/12 05:02 PM, Aigis wrote: It doesn't cost a lot to host a webcomic. Only $8.95 a month on Dreamhost (I think), and you can save $50 off of buying a year of hosting if you use the code "DRAMA" I believe (so about $70 for the first year). $8.95 is, like, the cost of a meal.

I think people would be much more likely to read a comic with its own website than one on Comic Genesis or whatever. It adds a certain degree of professionalism.

Response to Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-13 19:25:29

yeah I second the dreamhost option, I've had it since i was 16, and it hasn't failed me more in all these years. also it has one click installs, which means you can install wordpress, joomla and adsence in a few clicks without needing to go into the ftp. When it comes to adsence you should probably look into it when you've got more of a fanbase going.

Response to Question about webcomics ! 2012-10-14 01:03:14

One place you can try is smackjeeves.com

It is another free webcomic hosting site and I think it's quite popular. You can also start your own blog featuring your webcomic, as a free, and personal way to display your art.

You can promote it in forums. On DA, or wherever your art is displayed and that is allowed.