00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dynamic Pose Thread

4,868 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 11:38:53

I'm making this thread in regards practicing correct anatomy, with the attempt to instill the belief that practice makes perfect (or at least slightly better.) This is going to be different than my Art Thread in which there I'm trying to become an all around "better artist," here I want to practice dynamic angles and correct anatomy. Maybe a few other users may learn a thing or two with me as well.

So feel free to throw out an idea, and I'll hammer it out as best I can and feel free to tell me what's wrong or how it can be improved.

P.s I should also mention that if anyone else wishes to attempt any requests they are more than free too.

My current level of poses in variety as seen in my art thread

Dynamic Pose Thread

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 14:18:52

DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)

Dynamic Pose Thread

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 15:27:45

At 10/4/12 01:23 PM, bigCman321 wrote: How about making it a thread where anyone can try to practice dynamic poses. That and anatomy are my biggest weak points.

Also more people will post in the thread.

If I could revise my words I would, but anyone is free to submit there best effort so people can become "better."

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 15:34:04

Hurray anatomy!
Hurray dynamic stuff!

Well, I was thinking about how you could maybe try drawing the different stages of someone salto-ing off a diving board, but that's more pure action. It's always an option though, and kinda fun.

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 15:34:53

At 10/4/12 02:18 PM, 123mine123 wrote: DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)

Don't ever say you suck!

To be honest at first I thought you were being sarcastic with your post, but the I looked at your work. Listen anyone can learn to create a mannequin that looks like this, it then takes experience to make it great.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 15:46:50

At 10/4/12 03:34 PM, Morthagg wrote: Hurray anatomy!
Hurray dynamic stuff!

Well, I was thinking about how you could maybe try drawing the different stages of someone salto-ing off a diving board, but that's more pure action. It's always an option though, and kinda fun.

Not sure if this is what you wanted so I went from memory and drew a story board

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 16:16:34

At 10/4/12 03:46 PM, Absinthe wrote:
Not sure if this is what you wanted so I went from memory and drew a story board

That was fast :D and yup, that was about what I had in mind. Although this is a dive, not a somersault :p
just a couple thoughts: in the first image, the person walks with both left leg and arm outstretched. They are always supposed to be opposites when walking, left leg-right arm, right leg-left arm. Also, if you squat down yourself before a jump, you'll notice your arms are probably elbows-up and hands behind back or at your sides, instead of huddled in front.
Last, if you dive without wanting to get brain-damage, you'll probably stretch out your arms in front of you :D

Something I also noticed is that your backs are always relatively straight in your drawings. Don't be afraid to bend your bodies! It makes them way more dynamic.
I uh.. drew you a tiny little ready-to-jump-man to illustrate. Maybe some of it helps.
But anyway, you draw this without reference and very quickly, so it's okay practice. Jumps are fun, in my opinion.

Dynamic Pose Thread

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 17:13:34

At 10/4/12 04:32 PM, Kostou wrote: wow, that is pretty in depth.

Let me offer some insight on a twirling dive.

Well, all I can say about that is that it's a better tutorial-esque thing than I could ever make. Genitals should never be rigid, it disrupts the cosmic balance. Very insightful indeed, dang, I should have thought of that.

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 20:08:50

At 10/4/12 04:32 PM, Kostou wrote:
wow, that is pretty in depth.

Let me offer some insight on a twirling dive.

nothing like being a cooperative asshole eh?
"stop being an ass"
"haha, im just contributing to the thread, youre misinterpretting"
"oh..."

im surprised you havent directly used a trollface.jpg... (i say indirectly since your faces do look a bit... like... trying to be funny in a somewhat negative means)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 20:41:54

At 10/4/12 08:12 PM, Kostou wrote: what is a nova solstice? Where a nova stands still?

Take it outside, ladies, this is a thread about realistic, dynamic poses, not your mom's opera soap.
Kostou, your drawings are out of place here in that regard. Maybe they were meant as a small joke, but it seemed more dickish than you probably intended.

Morthagg's advice on the other hand is kickass, although I do think the legs seem rather short, as the thigh and shin don't seem to match in height.

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 21:59:04

1st page and there's already an issue, anyway since no one wants to present a unique idea I'll be the first to get the creative juices flowing.

Let's all practice the literal "breaking" of human anatomy. I'm practicing the breaking of an arm.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 22:35:07

At 10/4/12 03:34 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 10/4/12 02:18 PM, 123mine123 wrote: DID I DO IT RIGHT!?
(I sooo suck...)
Don't ever say you suck!

To be honest at first I thought you were being sarcastic with your post, but the I looked at your work. Listen anyone can learn to create a mannequin that looks like this, it then takes experience to make it great.

Haha! I started being serious at 1st, and realize how hard it is, so me ending up not know what the heck im doing.
OMG, you did it so well, I really can do better on paper and bencil but not that good.
I could really learn a lot from this thread! You're AWESOME!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-10-04 23:43:45

At 10/4/12 08:12 PM, Kostou wrote: what is a nova solstice? Where a nova stands still?

Nova: A star that suddenly becomes much brighter and then gradually returns to its original brightness over a period of weeks to years.

Solstice: Either of two times of the year when the sun is at its greatest distance from the celestial equator.

if i had to define it, it'd be a nova close to the celestial equator or very far away

EITHER WAY... when i made the name i made it because i like the two words and they're nice together

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Response to Dynamic Pose Thread 2012-11-11 14:55:57

I would actually like more participation to fix up the core issue of anatomy so I made this a few days ago.

Dynamic Pose Thread

BBS Signature