00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do you rage at a game?

2,831 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 15:25:11

How do you rage and why? I, for one, normally start growling, then as i get more rage, I start swearing under my breath, Then i start screaming. And finally I yell out some weird censored version of a swear word, throw my controller on the floor, and go get a snack. And I normally rage when gamebreaking glitches happen. or when my game shuts off and i havent saved in over 4 hours.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 15:49:09

The worst I ever do is bark out a curse or two. I've learned quite sometime ago that there is no point or gain in raging at a video game. When I was about 13 or 14 years old though, I would end up throwing my GameCube console around for things like not being able to defeat Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
And that thing just took the punishment and kept playing afterward. Bravo, you sturdy brick of a Nintendo console, bravo.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 16:01:18

At 9/26/12 03:49 PM, Klobb17 wrote: The worst I ever do is bark out a curse or two. I've learned quite sometime ago that there is no point or gain in raging at a video game. When I was about 13 or 14 years old though, I would end up throwing my GameCube console around for things like not being able to defeat Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
And that thing just took the punishment and kept playing afterward. Bravo, you sturdy brick of a Nintendo console, bravo.

Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 16:09:34

At 9/26/12 04:01 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around

As I said, I gave up on raging over games a while ago, so doing something like that won't dare cross my mind anymore. Plus, the fact that I now own a fragile-yet-expensive Xbox 360 instead probably helps out. Nintendo consoles are like tanks when compared to the others.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 16:14:25

At 9/26/12 04:09 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 04:01 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around
As I said, I gave up on raging over games a while ago, so doing something like that won't dare cross my mind anymore. Plus, the fact that I now own a fragile-yet-expensive Xbox 360 instead probably helps out. Nintendo consoles are like tanks when compared to the others.

*CoughNintendo64Cough* Yes anyways. I have helped my raging habit. And now it only happens when i'm REALLY pissed off. But seriously. Microsoft, Sony and any other company that makes consoles should take after nintendo. Make them like tanks!

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 19:07:52

Back when I was 6-8 I broke a couple PlayStation 2 controllers. Now I just yell or pound on a table, armrest, or desk.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:05:14

I yelled at Fallout New Vegas once cause I was home alone and I kept getting fucked up when you go to the Nellis airforce base while dodging artillery, but other than that I keep my psychopathic rage in my head where I can think as many horrible things as I want.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:06:48

I usually just let out a loud exhale and keep playing. It's a video game, nothing to fuss over about (except on the game forums of course).

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:08:51

I gert angry and frustrated at myself for screwing up.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:10:25

This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:15:29

At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.

I wouldn't consider a thread going inactive for a few hours as "dying". People are probably just posting at times that are more convenient for them. Now if it were to say not have a single post for a day or two, then maybe.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:17:09

I wouldn't say I rage exactly. Usually I just turn the system off and walk away. Seems like a pointless pursuit to get mad over it all.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:17:29

At 9/26/12 08:15 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.
I wouldn't consider a thread going inactive for a few hours as "dying". People are probably just posting at times that are more convenient for them. Now if it were to say not have a single post for a day or two, then maybe.

*Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:19:35

At 9/26/12 03:25 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: How do you rage and why?

i calmly turn off the game, and then i proceed to rape every man, woman and child that gets in my way

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:25:39

At 9/26/12 08:17 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: *Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!

You want rage? Here, have some damn rage.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 20:31:53

At 9/26/12 08:25 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 08:17 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: *Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!
You want rage? Here, have some damn rage.

I see what you did there klobb

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 21:25:27

I just sigh deeply. Maybe yank the controller around.
A few times I've gotten so mad that I threw my controller at the floor, but I haven't done that in a while.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-26 22:31:38

Very quietly.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 01:17:30

Well, when I rage to game, I start usually swear and if things in game going even worse and worse after I sweared, there's coming more angrier man (me), when leaving my room.But usually when I go eat some cake after ragequiting I'm ahppy again

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 11:18:52

I used to throw the controller down, and my mom would tell me to calm down, and I would say that she didn't get how important it was that I won. Or something like that. Now I usually just swear at my own inability to play well.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 15:03:39

Well good to see that most of you rage peacefully. Yeah i was worried we would have atleast ONE guy who tosses his tv and console out the window

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 15:40:21

I just slam my controller down on my bed and say "fucks sake". The worst I did was as a child when I smashed my Gameboy against the table and bit it.

god

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 15:49:11

At 9/27/12 03:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I just slam my controller down on my bed and say "fucks sake". The worst I did was as a child when I smashed my Gameboy against the table and bit it.

If i ever did that my parents would take me in for testing to see if i'm a mental penguin

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 15:54:14

I start calling every enemy or the boss, fatheads.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 16:06:23

I jump out the window.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 16:12:52

At 9/27/12 04:06 PM, sweet21 wrote: I jump out the window.

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-27 20:41:34

Masturbate furiously and splodge all over my controller.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-28 13:35:32

I get into "angry mode", then just complaining to myself. Then (if I'm alone) I whisper-yell profanities. I really want to throw the controller (and have a few times years ago) but I hold on. I do swing it though. Fucking games.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-28 14:05:21

I punch stuff,the floor or the walls for example.However,I am mostly calm when I play games.When I can't beat a boss or a level/mission I'm like "Ahh,fuck.It's ok.Let's try another strategy this time."After "changing my strategy" for about 5-7 times I start punching things.
Also,talking to/insulting myself helps me keep rage at bay sometimes.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to How do you rage at a game? 2012-09-28 16:50:29

I usually try to keep my cool, but I never can... Once I accept that I cannot keep my cool, I start hitting myself... This is not just for game rage though, I do it in pretty much all stressful situations.