Be a Supporter!

How do you rage at a game?

  • 1,187 Views
  • 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 03:25 PM Reply

How do you rage and why? I, for one, normally start growling, then as i get more rage, I start swearing under my breath, Then i start screaming. And finally I yell out some weird censored version of a swear word, throw my controller on the floor, and go get a snack. And I normally rage when gamebreaking glitches happen. or when my game shuts off and i havent saved in over 4 hours.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

The worst I ever do is bark out a curse or two. I've learned quite sometime ago that there is no point or gain in raging at a video game. When I was about 13 or 14 years old though, I would end up throwing my GameCube console around for things like not being able to defeat Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
And that thing just took the punishment and kept playing afterward. Bravo, you sturdy brick of a Nintendo console, bravo.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 03:49 PM, Klobb17 wrote: The worst I ever do is bark out a curse or two. I've learned quite sometime ago that there is no point or gain in raging at a video game. When I was about 13 or 14 years old though, I would end up throwing my GameCube console around for things like not being able to defeat Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
And that thing just took the punishment and kept playing afterward. Bravo, you sturdy brick of a Nintendo console, bravo.

Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 04:01 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around

As I said, I gave up on raging over games a while ago, so doing something like that won't dare cross my mind anymore. Plus, the fact that I now own a fragile-yet-expensive Xbox 360 instead probably helps out. Nintendo consoles are like tanks when compared to the others.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 04:09 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 04:01 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: Aye i would never go THAT far, Cause normally, i know that the console is worth more then having to redo a few hours work, But geez i would hate to have a friend who DID through consoles around
As I said, I gave up on raging over games a while ago, so doing something like that won't dare cross my mind anymore. Plus, the fact that I now own a fragile-yet-expensive Xbox 360 instead probably helps out. Nintendo consoles are like tanks when compared to the others.

*CoughNintendo64Cough* Yes anyways. I have helped my raging habit. And now it only happens when i'm REALLY pissed off. But seriously. Microsoft, Sony and any other company that makes consoles should take after nintendo. Make them like tanks!

How do you rage at a game?

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Back when I was 6-8 I broke a couple PlayStation 2 controllers. Now I just yell or pound on a table, armrest, or desk.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:05 PM Reply

I yelled at Fallout New Vegas once cause I was home alone and I kept getting fucked up when you go to the Nellis airforce base while dodging artillery, but other than that I keep my psychopathic rage in my head where I can think as many horrible things as I want.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

I usually just let out a loud exhale and keep playing. It's a video game, nothing to fuss over about (except on the game forums of course).


Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

I gert angry and frustrated at myself for screwing up.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.

I wouldn't consider a thread going inactive for a few hours as "dying". People are probably just posting at times that are more convenient for them. Now if it were to say not have a single post for a day or two, then maybe.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Artist
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

I wouldn't say I rage exactly. Usually I just turn the system off and walk away. Seems like a pointless pursuit to get mad over it all.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 08:15 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 08:10 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: This thread keeps performing CPR on itself. It starts to die and someone bumps it. Then it rinses and repeats.
I wouldn't consider a thread going inactive for a few hours as "dying". People are probably just posting at times that are more convenient for them. Now if it were to say not have a single post for a day or two, then maybe.

*Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 03:25 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: How do you rage and why?

i calmly turn off the game, and then i proceed to rape every man, woman and child that gets in my way


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 08:17 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: *Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!

You want rage? Here, have some damn rage.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 9/26/12 08:25 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 9/26/12 08:17 PM, lumpyjor5808 wrote: *Ahems* Starts :3 And everyone has a diffrent time zone on thread death. I'm extremly impatient which is why 99% of all my posts are only a fews sentences. so yeah. Now Shut up and rage people!
You want rage? Here, have some damn rage.

I see what you did there klobb

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

I just sigh deeply. Maybe yank the controller around.
A few times I've gotten so mad that I threw my controller at the floor, but I haven't done that in a while.


BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Very quietly.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Falcom400
Falcom400
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 01:17 AM Reply

Well, when I rage to game, I start usually swear and if things in game going even worse and worse after I sweared, there's coming more angrier man (me), when leaving my room.But usually when I go eat some cake after ragequiting I'm ahppy again


BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM Reply

At 9/26/12 08:05 PM, Jester wrote: I yelled at Fallout New Vegas once cause I was home alone and I kept getting fucked up when you go to the Nellis airforce base while dodging artillery

only part of the game where i used turbo, think son

the furthest i've gone raging at a game is sprinting up to the console and pressing the off button really hard, i'm not retarded enough to throw controllers or break the disks and shit, that's for middle class people with easily manipulated parents.

nowadays i just swear and sigh.


 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 11:18 AM Reply

I used to throw the controller down, and my mom would tell me to calm down, and I would say that she didn't get how important it was that I won. Or something like that. Now I usually just swear at my own inability to play well.


The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

Well good to see that most of you rage peacefully. Yeah i was worried we would have atleast ONE guy who tosses his tv and console out the window

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

I just slam my controller down on my bed and say "fucks sake". The worst I did was as a child when I smashed my Gameboy against the table and bit it.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 03:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I just slam my controller down on my bed and say "fucks sake". The worst I did was as a child when I smashed my Gameboy against the table and bit it.

If i ever did that my parents would take me in for testing to see if i'm a mental penguin

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

I start calling every enemy or the boss, fatheads.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

I jump out the window.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
lumpyjor5808
lumpyjor5808
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 9/27/12 04:06 PM, sweet21 wrote: I jump out the window.

...

How do you rage at a game?

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Masturbate furiously and splodge all over my controller.


XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM Reply

I get into "angry mode", then just complaining to myself. Then (if I'm alone) I whisper-yell profanities. I really want to throw the controller (and have a few times years ago) but I hold on. I do swing it though. Fucking games.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to How do you rage at a game? Sep. 28th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

I punch stuff,the floor or the walls for example.However,I am mostly calm when I play games.When I can't beat a boss or a level/mission I'm like "Ahh,fuck.It's ok.Let's try another strategy this time."After "changing my strategy" for about 5-7 times I start punching things.
Also,talking to/insulting myself helps me keep rage at bay sometimes.


"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature