00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement

1,043 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-17 20:14:56

Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement

Bayonetta 2 is announced for the Wii-U, and is not going to be on PS3 or 360 this time around. As you can guess, a lot of people are upset, and like any rational gamer does, the GoNintendo site has been spammed with death threats over the decision to make the sequel a Wii exclusive.

The Bayonetta 2 teaser trailer, which I just saw on Youtube today myself, gives us a brief clip of Bayonetta getting ready to blow the living hell out of an enemy with her heel-mounted, deity-killing handguns. The twist? Whatever she's shooting at "counters" with yellow energy and slices through the bullets with a sword that looks an awful lot like a Lumen Sage design.

Speculation:

- It could be Jeanne that we see in the trailer, but after she went through the whole "brainwashing episode" in the last game, turning her into a peon again is kind of redundant. I'm having flashbacks of Resident Evil 5 and the masked birdlady who turns out to be an important character under the mask.

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-17 21:53:24

Im just wondering why wii u?
I don't think it'll play better tbh

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-18 00:07:33

At 9/17/12 09:53 PM, TheMajormel wrote: Im just wondering why wii u?
I don't think it'll play better tbh

Who knows, maybe it's because Nintendo wanted some more games to attract more gamers into buying the Wii U, it's working though, I see a lot of people saying they're willing to get the Wii U and play this game.

Also, I really enjoy the tears flowing in the river.

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-18 01:04:51

Who knows, maybe it's because Nintendo wanted some more games to attract more gamers into buying the Wii U, it's working though, I see a lot of people saying they're willing to get the Wii U and play this game.

Also, I really enjoy the tears flowing in the river.

I see it as both a blessing and curse on Nintendo's part. I see it as a blessing because Nintendo is taking a franchise that was dying, and put it on its new system, which is 6 times more powerful than the 360, by the way to attract more hardcore gamers who liked Bayonetta. THAT is a smart move in my opinion. I will certainly be buying a WiiU because of their smart strategy to put more hardcore games on it and have solid 3rd Party support, which is what Nintendo needs right now.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-18 22:08:42

Well nobody else was doing jack with that awesome ip. Nintendo, needing some mature exclusives, probably saw the chance to pick up something great and put it on their new system. I loved the first bayonetta to death and I'm pretty excited to see what this one will offer

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-19 12:59:28

REALLY? Gamers have been sending death threats over Bayonetta out of all games? The original was so shit, what value was lost here? Some people, eh.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-20 19:50:37

At 9/18/12 10:08 PM, fawnret wrote: Well nobody else was doing jack with that awesome ip. Nintendo, needing some mature exclusives, probably saw the chance to pick up something great and put it on their new system. I loved the first bayonetta to death and I'm pretty excited to see what this one will offer

I understand why Nintendo made Bayonetta 2 an exclusive title, to get the hardcore/mature audience to their system and to have some legit third party titles that people actually want to play, but I have a feeling that this may potentially limit the franchise, considering that it was on the 360 and PS3 before, and had a sizeable fanbase with the original Bayonetta. We'll see how this will turns out.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-21 22:43:16

Why would they put this on the Wii U, it just doesn't make sense?

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-22 01:09:50

At 9/21/12 10:43 PM, StonedGrenade wrote: Why would they put this on the Wii U, it just doesn't make sense?

I view it as an extremely smart marketing ploy by both Platinum and Nintendo. By giving a dying IP to someone who's actually willing to license it, Nintendo is attracting hardcore gamers to the Wii U, thus proving it's not just a kiddie-machine. If Nintendo ever had a smart time to license more mature games, it would be now. Not only that, but having games such as Darksiders II and Assassin's Creed III is also a smart marketing ploy, mainly because, while the audience might be less, that audience would attract those Nintendo gamers who could not afford a PS3 or 360, and bought the Wii, but were disappointed with its lineup.

Nintendo has ONE shot at this, though. If they don't sell to those Wii gamers who are dead set on buying the Wii U, the developers could lose money, and so could Nintendo. While the decision to market more mature games on the Wii U is smart, it's also VERY risky. Here's hoping they succeed.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-24 12:31:52

At 9/22/12 12:00 PM, Protagonist wrote: Over Bayonetta? But that game fucking sucked.

To you. I played it for a short while and enjoyed it a whole lot. But, I had to get rid of it...*sad face*

But, to each their own, I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Bayonetta 2 Announcement 2012-09-25 01:57:05

At 9/21/12 10:43 PM, StonedGrenade wrote: Why would they put this on the Wii U, it just doesn't make sense?

From what I understand, Bayonetta 2 was brought to sega again, but with a tight budget, they decided not to publish it in favor of some other stuff. Bayonetta 2 was shelved. Then when Platinum games began working with Nintendo on that 100 super hero game ( forgot the name ), Nintendo saw that nobody was publishing Bayonetta 2 and offered to fund its development for platinum and make it a WiiU exclusive. Naturally when a first party company funds your game, you're not going to be putting it on the ps3 ya know? It'll lower the available market for the game, but it's better than not being made at all I say.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature