00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Final Round!!

12,217 Views | 75 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

- N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 00:02:42

This is it, ladies and gentlemen. This is the final round to decide who the ultimate Champion of Animation is for 2012.

* NATA Website
* Final Round Page

The top two entrants will now compete against each other to determine who is, indeed, the greatest animator of the year!

*** The Final Round ***

The Theme for the Final Round is...

The Final Fork in the Road

*** Rules ***

* You have until 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on October 11th to complete your submissions. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline without penalty. * Entries must fit the theme above to both level the playing field and ensure that entries were not previously created.
* The animation must be no shorter than 1 Minute and no longer than 10 Minutes.
* The animation must be submitted on NewGrounds, in flash format or other acceptable format viewable on NewGrounds.
* Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed. (It cannot have a "Mature" rating.)
* Absolutely NO copyright material is allowed without permission. If you use copyrighted music or other material in your animation, you MUST get the permission of the original creator of that material.
* If you would like to parody, then use similar names instead of the real names - ie. "Smears" instead of "Sears". No copyrighted material whatsoever.
* The Audio portal is a great source for music, just be sure to get permission to use it for this contest!
* Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.

*** Matchups ***

* Pahgawk vs. Emrox

*** Judging ***

Entries will be judged by the following judges:
* Tom Fulp
* Dave Bruno
* NitWitt
* SymphyBunny

Judging will be done by each judge across five categories with 5 possible points in each: Artwork/Style, Animation, Originality, Structure, and Entertainment. If you're interested in seeing more advice and examples on these categories, visit http://nataguide.munchymedia.com/
Each judge will therefore have a total possible 25 points for a single entry, adding up to 100 possible points from all four judges on a single entry. The entry will a higher number of points among a matchup will win and move on to the following round.

*** Submissions ***

* Entries must be uploaded via the NewGrounds Flash Portal.
* Entries must be tagged with "nata2012finals" to distinguish them from other rounds and years.
* Entries must be submitted before the deadline. (See above)
* Be sure to post a link to your entry in this topic, to be sure your entry does not get lost.
* Entries will otherwise be found by searching "nata2012finals" on NewGrounds, showing all entries with that tag.

*** Late Penalties ***

Late penalties look like this for submissions after the deadline:
0 - 29 minutes: - 5 total points
30 - 59 minutes: - 10 total points
1 - 2 hours: - 15 total points
2 - 3 hours: - 20 total points
3 - 4 hours: - 30 total points
4 - 5 hours: - 40 total points
5+ hours: Disqualified

*** Current Prize ***

In addition to their previous prizes, the entrant with superior scores will receive a $420 + Adobe Design Premium CS5.5 (Donated by Adobe®) + Interview by the NewGrounds Interviewer. All prizes will be awarded in October, AFTER the competition ends.

*** Fine Print ***

* By submitting an entry to NATA 2012, you agree to allow NATA and its organizers to use your material to promote the contest and use it for possible calendars and other merchandise.
* All entrants must have a paypal or the ability to receive a check in the mail in order to claim their prizes.
* The final Champion of Flash Artists at the completion of the contest must create an illustrated image of themselves interacting with planet Earth, as is NATA tradition to document their victory with such an image on the NATA website.

Good Luck!!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 00:04:33

STICK A FORK IN 'EM

:toats furst bro XDLOL

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 00:08:39

You are still loved BPremo.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 00:22:52

Awesome, I really like this theme. I have an idea related to this that I've been wanting to make for a while.

Also everyone keep talking on the forums! It'll get a bit lonely if it's just me and Emrox here alone.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 06:02:18

The finalists scored exactly the same last round. This is gonna be forkin' insane!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 06:52:04

At 9/17/12 12:22 AM, Pahgawk wrote: Awesome, I really like this theme. I have an idea related to this that I've been wanting to make for a while.

Also everyone keep talking on the forums! It'll get a bit lonely if it's just me and Emrox here alone.

You're never alone. Even when you think you're alone, you're never alone.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 06:54:17

At 9/17/12 06:02 AM, sandwich-eater wrote: The finalists scored exactly the same last round. This is gonna be forkin' insane!

fork you

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 07:10:19

Gah! I've been a voice actor for both of you! Who do I choose for???

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 07:11:36

At 9/17/12 07:10 AM, Ryry67dude wrote: Gah! I've been a voice actor for both of you! Who do I choose for???

"choose for"

I mean root for

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 16:41:56

At 9/17/12 12:02 AM, NATA wrote: This is it, ladies and gentlemen.

You know... i don't think there are any ladies at this point.... just saying.

ANYWAYS. Good luck to you two. I predicted (more like hoped) it would be between you guys. You guys both have very distinct styles, so I am very curious as to who the champ will be.

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-17 22:34:05

Choose your side now. The war is beginning. No one can escape its grasp.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 10:10:20

At 9/17/12 10:34 PM, BobyB64 wrote: Choose your side now. The war is beginning. No one can escape its grasp.

I choose impartiality :3

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 14:15:49

I know who will win.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 14:52:25

At 9/18/12 02:15 PM, Mownkey wrote: I know who will win.

OH SHIT

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 15:42:49

At 9/18/12 10:10 AM, CatFat wrote:
At 9/17/12 10:34 PM, BobyB64 wrote: Choose your side now. The war is beginning. No one can escape its grasp.
I choose impartiality :3

TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX TEAM EMROX

poops

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 16:11:14

At 9/17/12 12:22 AM, Pahgawk wrote: Awesome, I really like this theme. I have an idea related to this that I've been wanting to make for a while.

Good luck, man. OTSC won't even be a challenge after all this practice

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 18:02:51

I'm rooting for Team Pahrox

E

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 22:41:14

This is going to be epic......... just throwing that out there.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 22:47:38

I think the winner is going to win.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-18 23:17:53

At 9/18/12 10:47 PM, BPremo wrote: I think the winner is going to win.

I really hate taking sides, but I'd have to agree.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-19 18:46:54

Good luck both of you!

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-19 20:57:00

Although it's a tough choice, I'm going to have to agree with you. The winner certainly has this in the bag.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-19 22:06:44

we're all winners, guys!

poops

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-19 22:07:33

At 9/19/12 08:57 PM, wreckr wrote:
Although it's a tough choice, I'm going to have to agree with you. The winner certainly has this in the bag.

Am I the only one who feels the loser really's got a shot at this? I think the loser has his game down to an art, hes unbeatable, in my opinion.

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-19 22:52:46

Regardless of who wins I'm really looking forward to watching these final entries. Best of luck to both of you

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-20 13:26:47

No >:(

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-23 02:09:09

I am so EXCITED!

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-24 07:21:41

K i'm finally back and fully operational! :D
This round is gonna be sooooo exciting!
Hey just to spice it up like we did in intermediate round - why don't you guys post some early sketches pictures (that don't reveal much spoilers) ?

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-24 19:31:19

At 9/24/12 07:21 AM, DuDuL wrote: K i'm finally back and fully operational! :D
This round is gonna be sooooo exciting!
Hey just to spice it up like we did in intermediate round - why don't you guys post some early sketches pictures (that don't reveal much spoilers) ?

Great idea!
Here's mine!

Response to - N A T A - Final Round!! 2012-09-24 20:11:38

Here