00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lewdinitiative just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

At Work - Ep (logic Files Included)

1,778 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone!

Finished my new EP which has a twist to it! It's free and it was made in Logic Express 9 using only the plugins and samples included in the software. This means if you download the project files and have Logic Pro or express it should open up with everything there!

Youtube preview of all the songs

Download for free/Pay what you want on Bandcamp

Like my facebook page to DL the projects or read below

If you don't want to like my facebook page you can download each project file linked in this soundcloud page.

At Work - Ep (logic Files Included)

Response to At Work - Ep (logic Files Included) 2012-08-24 18:30:33

Your project files are all really neat and well organized, and these sound pretty damn sweet especially considering you're only using default plugins. Thanks for sharing. And since you're giving me this unique chance please don't mind me asking a bit:

Since you're using all the different reverbs, what's your opinion on each one? Are different ones better for different things? What about the different circuit types of the standard compressor? (FET, platinum, and so on)
One thing you might find useful though - you don't have to make a new instance of each drum plugin if you want separate channels for each drum, you can just choose the Multi Output versions of the samplers instead of the Stereo versions and send different sounds from the same plugin to different channels.

Response to At Work - Ep (logic Files Included) 2012-08-24 18:48:34

At 8/24/12 05:44 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Hey everyone!

Finished my new EP which has a twist to it! It's free and it was made in Logic Express 9 using only the plugins and samples included in the software. This means if you download the project files and have Logic Pro or express it should open up with everything there!

Im listening through it right now, and it sound AWESOME!
How your opinion on... remixes?

BBS Signature

Response to At Work - Ep (logic Files Included) 2012-08-25 01:01:24

At 8/24/12 06:30 PM, Buoy wrote: Your project files are all really neat and well organized, and these sound pretty damn sweet especially considering you're only using default plugins. Thanks for sharing. And since you're giving me this unique chance please don't mind me asking a bit:

Since you're using all the different reverbs, what's your opinion on each one? Are different ones better for different things? What about the different circuit types of the standard compressor? (FET, platinum, and so on)
One thing you might find useful though - you don't have to make a new instance of each drum plugin if you want separate channels for each drum, you can just choose the Multi Output versions of the samplers instead of the Stereo versions and send different sounds from the same plugin to different channels.

I don't have too much of an opinion on the different reverbs, I tend to use platinum because of the flexibility it has with the stereo field. Enverb does the reverse reverb and gold verb kinda simplifies it more. I actually asked my friend about the compressors and it made me realize that those settings are important to the compressor in logic. All the circuit types have a pretty distinct sound, I find I use FET and Opto most along with the default plat. FET is good for master compression and Opto is a little more transparent. Platinum has the option to compress the RMS or the peak which I thought was kinda cool but I set it to Peak more often then RMS to compress the transients.

As for why I do the multiple drums is probably because I'm lazy and its easier for me to think about when I know one drum is just a hihat playing and the other is just a snare or kick. Simplifies the midi editing and processing for me. If that makes sense?

@Usernamemyarse
Go for it remixes are cool.