00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best free online games

1,108 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Best free online games 2012-08-19 07:52:38

So I've been looking for good and free online games. Do you now any good games? I just found a game called "World of Tanks" and it's actually pretty good.

Newest song: Rippers

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 07:58:00

QWOP.

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 08:03:16

god

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 09:44:28

Team Fortness 2.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 12:57:58

At 8/19/12 09:44 AM, Wavepad wrote: Team Fortness 2.

^This^

If you're into first person shooter / co-op kind of games then I really doubt you're going to find anything better than Team Fortress 2 that is also free. You can easily spend hundreds of hours on this game if you're not careful and even though the game is five years old, new content is still added to the game regularly.

So yeah, I recommend Team Fortress 2.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 13:15:56

Only thing that comes to mind is Runescape but I don't remember if it was good or not.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 13:42:21

Agreed with the above, TF2 is an absolutely fantastic game. Been playing for years and I never get bored of it.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 14:01:36

OP, when you say online games..... do you mean

...games you play online with other people?

OR

...games that are hosted online (like newgrounds)?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-19 14:30:45

TF2, of course. LotR online was pretty fun during the time I played it. D&D online too. Realm of the Mad God is... refreshing, at least. Not too sure if I really liked it, but it's a nice change to the standard MMO formula.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 04:18:46

League Of Legends.

Yeah, my new account on NG.

PSN: ChewyOwnz

Check my YT out! http://www.youtube.com/MrDistrictGa ming

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 04:56:21

Depends on what you like.

If you're more the FPS type I would recommend Crossfire. Then there's always Team Fortress 2 which I would personally recommended as well after putting hundreds of hours into it.

For a TPS I'd go with S4 League. Could be considered pay-to-win, but it isn't too extreme. A lot of hackers on this one though, especially on the Rookie channels. Good game all around though, especially if you can get into a good match.

If you drift more toward fantasy/RPG type games I'd go with Mabinogi. It could be considered a pay-to-win game depending on how you look at it though. It's taking up a lot of my time previously, it's a good change of pace compared to other free RPGs.

If you want a RPG type game with more of an action feel to the combat go with Vindictus. I haven't had much experience with it since Beta but it was extremely promising and still looks like good fun even now.

Then, if you were interested in trying it, there's World of Warcraft. Which is free to play up to level 20 I believe; its also one of my personal favorites. I still subscribe to it now.

Can't go without mentioning Warhammer Online. Mileage may vary on this one, the endless trial offers a lot for only allowing play in the first tier; personally haven't tried the other F2P game they have out though.

On the non-MMO side, I can't really name a lot. There's a free Trackmania game on steam I believe, which is racing if you haven't heard of it. There's always the free flash games you can find here on Newgrounds, and this little gem called SCP Containment Breach, your mileage may vary on this one.

And that's all popping out at me for the moment.

Spammin' links.

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 05:25:41

Blacklight: Retribution is by-far my favorite f2p game.

TF2 got sooooo boring for me, and so I turned to this. A little glimpse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-FpduXstLE

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 10:52:01

League of Legends is currently the most popular MMO and for good reason after passing World of Warcraft in players a while ago. Everything about the game is great, I didsn't think I would like it yet I play and spectate it now all the time. The best thing about it is you don't have to spend any money at all on it to keep up with the top players unlike other "free" games where you need to buy stuff to be competitive or have full content. All you use real money for is buying champions sooner (all champions can be bought with the game currency from playing the game at a reasonable acquiring pace) or buying different skins for your champions to wear which don't impact the gameplay. It is truly a great free game.

It is basically a DOTA game but very well refined, you play either 3v3 or 5v5 games where you each pick a champion to play as and need to use minions to push into enemy territory and destroy their towers and base. Or another mode which is to capture 5 bases. Very simple yet very enjoyable to the point of having ridiculously huge replay value which never dies no matter how many times you play the same 4 maps. In most cases people tend to only play a single map for 5v5 which though it sounds repetitive is endlessly enjoyable.

For anyone who hasn't played it yet I say to give it a go, I have yet to talk to someone who dislikes it.

A video of AngryJoe playing Dominion mode in it, an example of the game.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 14:43:04

Ever heard of Freeware?

Response to Best free online games 2012-08-20 14:49:30

You can play WoW online for free up to level 20 these days, might be worth a shot if you haven't played it before. If you want to play it past that, check out private servers which are basically community hosted custom servers, they tend to be a bit buggy but you get the whole game for free so it's hard to complain

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature