New Topic Respond to this Topic
1NerdUnderGod
1NerdUnderGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Hello there Art folk. I recently acquired an iPad and saw that you could use an app called AirDisplay to turn your iPad into a second screen while retaining its touch capabilities. Has anyone used this to draw in Photoshop or Flash with any success. The app is $10 and I'm checking to see if anyone has gotten good results from it. Thanks for any input.

Finally! A Signature That is Not Legally Binding! My Suffering Is Over!

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

I no haz ipad. I assume it works like anything else thought. But with your fingers. Also, if im correct you can use another object like a stylus and draw with that, seems good to me.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 8/12/12 06:47 PM, 1NerdUnderGod wrote: Hello there Art folk. I recently acquired an iPad and saw that you could use an app called AirDisplay to turn your iPad into a second screen while retaining its touch capabilities. Has anyone used this to draw in Photoshop or Flash with any success. The app is $10 and I'm checking to see if anyone has gotten good results from it. Thanks for any input.

I looked it up, and with an average rating of 3/5 on the apple app story, and 3.5/5 on the android app store, I don't think it would be worth it.

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 11:57 PM Reply

I own an ipad and found out there's a few styluses you can buy that have pressure sensitive tips.

Just use programs like sketchbook pro and sketch book ink to get the most out of your iPad.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 8/12/12 06:47 PM, 1NerdUnderGod wrote: Hello there Art folk. I recently acquired an iPad and saw that you could use an app called AirDisplay to turn your iPad into a second screen while retaining its touch capabilities. Has anyone used this to draw in Photoshop or Flash with any success. The app is $10 and I'm checking to see if anyone has gotten good results from it. Thanks for any input.

I use an iPad and I'm doing just fine. My favorite art apps are ArtStudio and Brushes. This one was painted using Brushes.

iPad as a drawing tablet

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 12:13 AM Reply

Also I HIGHLY recommend the Truglide stylus. It's inexpensive and is the best stylus I've used so far. It glides across the screen really well unlike all the rubber tipped stylus's.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to iPad as a drawing tablet Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 12:13 AM, bigCman321 wrote: Also I HIGHLY recommend the Truglide stylus. It's inexpensive and is the best stylus I've used so far. It glides across the screen really well unlike all the rubber tipped stylus's.

Thanks, I've tried a few and they usually jam halfway through my stroke and it's pretty irritating, I'll have to try this one out.