00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPad as a drawing tablet

1,364 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

iPad as a drawing tablet 2012-08-12 18:47:44

Hello there Art folk. I recently acquired an iPad and saw that you could use an app called AirDisplay to turn your iPad into a second screen while retaining its touch capabilities. Has anyone used this to draw in Photoshop or Flash with any success. The app is $10 and I'm checking to see if anyone has gotten good results from it. Thanks for any input.

Finally! A Signature That is Not Legally Binding! My Suffering Is Over!

Response to iPad as a drawing tablet 2012-08-12 22:21:09

I no haz ipad. I assume it works like anything else thought. But with your fingers. Also, if im correct you can use another object like a stylus and draw with that, seems good to me.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to iPad as a drawing tablet 2012-08-12 22:30:24

At 8/12/12 06:47 PM, 1NerdUnderGod wrote: Hello there Art folk. I recently acquired an iPad and saw that you could use an app called AirDisplay to turn your iPad into a second screen while retaining its touch capabilities. Has anyone used this to draw in Photoshop or Flash with any success. The app is $10 and I'm checking to see if anyone has gotten good results from it. Thanks for any input.

I looked it up, and with an average rating of 3/5 on the apple app story, and 3.5/5 on the android app store, I don't think it would be worth it.

Response to iPad as a drawing tablet 2012-08-12 23:57:37

I own an ipad and found out there's a few styluses you can buy that have pressure sensitive tips.

Just use programs like sketchbook pro and sketch book ink to get the most out of your iPad.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to iPad as a drawing tablet 2012-08-15 01:37:05

At 8/15/12 12:13 AM, bigCman321 wrote: Also I HIGHLY recommend the Truglide stylus. It's inexpensive and is the best stylus I've used so far. It glides across the screen really well unlike all the rubber tipped stylus's.

Thanks, I've tried a few and they usually jam halfway through my stroke and it's pretty irritating, I'll have to try this one out.