00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mouse Artists

2,320 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 18:41:12

Any NG artists only use a mouse to draw??? Could you possibly direct me? :) - Im having a huge issue with owning a Tablet where I cant seem to...get used to it... - Im Left handed naturally, but right handed on mouse - and I can make better lines wiht the moue in smaller strokes than I can with the tablet! So im just curious if there is any good artists here, that stick to mouse. :)

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 18:54:15

At 8/10/12 06:41 PM, pockets08 wrote: Any NG artists only use a mouse to draw??? Could you possibly direct me? :) - Im having a huge issue with owning a Tablet where I cant seem to...get used to it... - Im Left handed naturally, but right handed on mouse - and I can make better lines wiht the moue in smaller strokes than I can with the tablet! So im just curious if there is any good artists here, that stick to mouse. :)

mouse but not by choice i guess, also not "good" in the sense you expect it i expect. Have owned a tablet, didnt like it then. But whats your question? If there are artist that stick to mouse? sure there are...

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 19:03:32

I work with a mouse, but I use Flash and the line tool so there's no really any sort of advice about brushes and strokes that I can give you. The only thing I can really tell you is practice and try a lot until you find what suits better for the kind of results you want to get.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 20:32:24

At 8/10/12 07:05 PM, HydraTundra wrote: I'm using a mouse as well. I occasionally use a program like SaiPaint where you can undo mistakes... After a while,you get use to using a mouse I suppose.:) Good luck to you.

ill have to look into Saipaint - I use majorly at the moment the pentool - but i want to get out of vectors, and into freehand. Which the tablet seems to kinda just..not work out for me, i prolly just need to keep practicing with it though! :O

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 20:49:08

How long have you owned a tablet? It took me quite some time and a lot of practice to get used to it.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 20:55:48

TheShadling uses a mouse.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 21:02:36

At 8/10/12 08:49 PM, Aigis wrote: How long have you owned a tablet? It took me quite some time and a lot of practice to get used to it.

about 4 months. - how long did it take you and how did you practice? I think im gonna go at it, like i would learnign to draw from scracth - basic shapes and shit.

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 21:45:12

Hey OP if you would rather draw with a mouse a user here posted a link to a really really great site, thank asshat-island. This site mimics brush size by how fast you stroke, and it's really smooth.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 22:08:38

I'm left handed too and had the same sort of problem when I first got my tablet. When I started I divided the work. I did my lines with a mouse because I couldn't get it smooth otherwise, and then I'd color it with the tablet. At this point, I don't even use lines very much in my work. Just keep practicing, not just with a tablet but with art in general. Learning how to paint traditionally really changed the way I painted digitally.

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 22:29:36

At 8/10/12 09:02 PM, pockets08 wrote:
At 8/10/12 08:49 PM, Aigis wrote: How long have you owned a tablet? It took me quite some time and a lot of practice to get used to it.
about 4 months. - how long did it take you and how did you practice? I think im gonna go at it, like i would learnign to draw from scracth - basic shapes and shit.

I've had a tablet for a couple years and I still suck with it. But then again, I never really practiced with it. I got real addicted to vector art and using the pentool a lot. I got pretty quick with it too.

It was a cheap tablet, but a tablet none the less.

I have recently just gotten to the point where I want to really use my tablet. So I have begun an undertaking to learn to digital paint just in the past few weeks.

I have already seen some improvement which makes me happy :D

Try and go to Ctrl+Paint He has free tips and brushes. The free videos are pretty short and to the point. He actually has some "Home work" for you to do and download after the video.

I know I harp on and on about that website, but it really is a good site.

so Yeah.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 22:35:15

No way I would never go back to a mouse! I'd rather use a pencil!

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 23:25:37

At 8/10/12 10:35 PM, NaomiNingishzidda wrote: No way I would never go back to a mouse! I'd rather use a pencil!

well of course if u can use a pencil, you use a pencil! :P -

and Kinsei - I will be punching my face into my screen to turn this webpage you send me into an arsenal of knowledge. I rally like vectors, but I'm not good at that EITHER - i mean, outta what ive made before - it seems like I can do a little of a lot of different things. I can draw a tad...cartoony - I can vector somewhat, but mainly from something that already exists, and turn it into something completely different. ..I can paint, but only over a referenced photo...-sigh- lmao. I cant make up my mind on where I want to go with my Art, what directions to take, which one to stick too - and if to learn them all, which to start with...Its kinda frustrating. I mean, i LOOOOOVE art, of all kinds - not just images eithier. Expression is beautiful yo. Idc how gay that sounds. No homo.

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-10 23:34:39

I use a mouse, I always have done other then a couple of days when I first started on my Digital Arts course. I just couldn't get the hang of it and so quickly gave up and since then I've stuck with the good old mouse.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 00:27:31

At 8/10/12 09:02 PM, pockets08 wrote: about 4 months. - how long did it take you and how did you practice? I think im gonna go at it, like i would learnign to draw from scracth - basic shapes and shit.

I practiced by trying to draw things with smooth lines. There wasn't really any secret to it.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 00:57:54

You people drawing with mouses, I don't even know how such awesome works could be produced. Shadman said it best: "I draw super ****ing good on my sinteach!!, and presto.."

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 01:04:20

At 8/11/12 12:57 AM, maficmelody wrote: You people drawing with mouses, I don't even know how such awesome works could be produced. Shadman said it best: "I draw super ****ing good on my sinteach!!, and presto.."

ROOOOOOOOOFL that was fantastic...I want a sinteach.

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 01:10:56

ROOOOOOOOOFL that was fantastic...I want a sinteach.<----- Cintiq. I have learned. (dear god theyre like a grand.)

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 02:39:46

I happen to use a mouse, It's as if it really matters.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 09:17:28

At 8/11/12 02:39 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I happen to use a mouse, It's as if it really matters.

woah, and ur stuff is really good...what program do you use? and what tool?

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 09:57:54

At 8/11/12 09:17 AM, pockets08 wrote:
At 8/11/12 02:39 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I happen to use a mouse, It's as if it really matters.
woah, and ur stuff is really good...what program do you use? and what tool?

Photoshop 7.0 and the brush tool. It's kinda hard to get a grip at first but you'll eventually come around. :)

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 11:29:53

broke my tablet few years ago, stuck with a mouse ever since :(

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 12:00:05

At 8/11/12 11:29 AM, Peglay wrote: broke my tablet few years ago, stuck with a mouse ever since :(

Lmao :P you also posted hwo you are nto going to make anymore art till you get a working tablet :P - which makes it irrelevant :P ^.^

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 13:50:14

Making art with a mouse is hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Mouse Artists 2012-08-11 15:42:11

It took me less than 12 hours to fall in love with my tablet and never wanna go back to a mouse/touchpad again :3

I feel like its the same thing as drawing with pencil and paper, just with a much smoother texture.