00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

flash in html5 2012-08-04 13:22:06

Why are people worried about flash being ruined by html5?

Couldn't Adobe feature a plug in to support html5, wouldnt that solve the problem?

P.S With html5 your games can be simply stolen through the easy of access of viewing the source code,who wants that?

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-04 13:57:16

At 8/4/12 01:22 PM, WhitePlatin wrote: P.S With html5 your games can be simply stolen through the easy of access of viewing the source code,who wants that?

Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-04 14:08:55

At 8/4/12 01:57 PM, Diki wrote: Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.

Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

I implore you to reconsider.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-04 14:14:41

html 5 is becoming a thing I don't know who is doing it, but because Microsoft is pushing for windows/IE without plug-ins BY DEFAULT and therefore no flash player it will have to be in html5 and stuff to then run in that configuration.
So for the casual market/users this is mostly frustrating as they'll probably go this doesn't work never mind then and not know how to add the plugins on or something, we' ll and see I guess.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-04 14:16:25

At 8/4/12 02:08 PM, Khronosis wrote: Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

modern decompilers have all the latest tricks already in the system.
Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-04 15:34:50

At 8/4/12 02:08 PM, Khronosis wrote:
At 8/4/12 01:57 PM, Diki wrote: Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.
Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

And you don't think these exist for Javascript too? Any sane person uses obfuscators on JS if only to make the source size smaller, add things like googles closure compiler and you get super obfuscated, and compressed code too. It's no different than Flash.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-05 09:43:05

You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-05 10:26:50

At 8/5/12 09:43 AM, Rawnern wrote: You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

If so ,then thats great. Theres no need to really learn html5 then.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-05 15:31:38

At 8/5/12 09:43 AM, Rawnern wrote: You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

I'm confused as to why you would do this. HTML5 has about as much real support as the latest flash player.

BBS Signature

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-05 15:57:24

At 8/5/12 10:26 AM, WhitePlatin wrote:
If so ,then thats great. Theres no need to really learn html5 then.

You can also make iPhone games with flash, but that hasn't stopped everyone from learning Objective-c or other tools. There's a difference between porting something like that and writing it natively. Like, if you're using movieclips, how would that be rendered once that converter compiles to HTML5? Maybe you want to render it a different way or something.

The beauty of HTML5 is that it works on pretty much anything with a browser as far as I know, and that's pretty awesome.

Response to flash in html5 2012-08-05 16:02:11

At 8/5/12 03:57 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: The beauty of HTML5 is that it works on pretty much anything with a browser as far as I know, and that's pretty awesome.

okay, maybe the "latest" player was a bit much, but I believe it has about as much real support (as in you can actually use it to play games with) as the flash player. So really, you're getting about the same amount of people playing your game.

BBS Signature