Be a Supporter!
WhitePlatin
WhitePlatin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Why are people worried about flash being ruined by html5?

Couldn't Adobe feature a plug in to support html5, wouldnt that solve the problem?

P.S With html5 your games can be simply stolen through the easy of access of viewing the source code,who wants that?

Diki
Diki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 01:22 PM, WhitePlatin wrote: P.S With html5 your games can be simply stolen through the easy of access of viewing the source code,who wants that?

Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.

Khronosis
Khronosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 01:57 PM, Diki wrote: Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.

Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

I implore you to reconsider.

MrRandomist
MrRandomist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

html 5 is becoming a thing I don't know who is doing it, but because Microsoft is pushing for windows/IE without plug-ins BY DEFAULT and therefore no flash player it will have to be in html5 and stuff to then run in that configuration.
So for the casual market/users this is mostly frustrating as they'll probably go this doesn't work never mind then and not know how to add the plugins on or something, we' ll and see I guess.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 02:08 PM, Khronosis wrote: Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

modern decompilers have all the latest tricks already in the system.
Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 8/4/12 02:08 PM, Khronosis wrote:
At 8/4/12 01:57 PM, Diki wrote: Your SWF can be easily decompiled and have your ActionScript source code stolen as well. It's impossible to make your application not be able to be reverse engineered; if it can be compiled it can be decompiled.
Obfuscating/encrypting programs (such as Kindisoft's SecureSWF) make this a much more difficult task, though.

And you don't think these exist for Javascript too? Any sane person uses obfuscators on JS if only to make the source size smaller, add things like googles closure compiler and you get super obfuscated, and compressed code too. It's no different than Flash.

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

WhitePlatin
WhitePlatin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 8/5/12 09:43 AM, Rawnern wrote: You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

If so ,then thats great. Theres no need to really learn html5 then.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 09:43 AM, Rawnern wrote: You can compile your flash project into HTML5. You can find tools on the internet and download them and compile your .fla into HTML5.

I'm confused as to why you would do this. HTML5 has about as much real support as the latest flash player.

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 10:26 AM, WhitePlatin wrote:
If so ,then thats great. Theres no need to really learn html5 then.

You can also make iPhone games with flash, but that hasn't stopped everyone from learning Objective-c or other tools. There's a difference between porting something like that and writing it natively. Like, if you're using movieclips, how would that be rendered once that converter compiles to HTML5? Maybe you want to render it a different way or something.

The beauty of HTML5 is that it works on pretty much anything with a browser as far as I know, and that's pretty awesome.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to flash in html5 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 03:57 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: The beauty of HTML5 is that it works on pretty much anything with a browser as far as I know, and that's pretty awesome.

okay, maybe the "latest" player was a bit much, but I believe it has about as much real support (as in you can actually use it to play games with) as the flash player. So really, you're getting about the same amount of people playing your game.

BBS Signature