00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Resident Evil

1,099 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Resident Evil 2012-07-21 01:32:05

I remember a time when Resident Evil would make me jump and say OH SHIT and some of you Resident Evil fans know what I mean the old school Resident Evil was a true survival horror game but now its more action then survival and plus its not that scary anymore i wish they go back to there old ways but they are trying to be more action then survival horror they should leave the action to Call Of Duty

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 01:35:51

At 7/21/12 01:32 AM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: I remember a time when Resident Evil would make me jump and say OH SHIT and some of you Resident Evil fans know what I mean the old school Resident Evil was a true survival horror game but now its more action then survival and plus its not that scary anymore i wish they go back to there old ways but they are trying to be more action then survival horror they should leave the action to Call Of Duty

i wish they could go back but these days kids all they ant is action and people too i miss it to but hey games have to evolve

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 01:43:23

At 7/21/12 01:35 AM, kazumazkan wrote:
At 7/21/12 01:32 AM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote:
i wish they could go back but these days kids all they ant is action and people too i miss it to but hey games have to evolve

Yeah they should but they should still keep the survival part

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 06:15:18

At 7/21/12 01:35 AM, kazumazkan wrote:
At 7/21/12 01:32 AM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: I remember a time when Resident Evil would make me jump and say OH SHIT and some of you Resident Evil fans know what I mean the old school Resident Evil was a true survival horror game but now its more action then survival and plus its not that scary anymore i wish they go back to there old ways but they are trying to be more action then survival horror they should leave the action to Call Of Duty

Is it really "evolving" now? I'd say with the crap that RE5 did (such as forcing me to play with an AI bot if no one's playing for starters), the RE series is devolving. RE4 and below were some of the most amazing survival horror games of their time. Now it's just "OMGZ DO BACKFLIPZ AND DIVE AND SHOOT TEH GUNZ AT ANYTHENG DAT MOVES"

Fucking gamers have the attention span of a peanut now-a-days.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 08:00:59

At 7/21/12 06:15 AM, SloppyMoe606 wrote: OMGZ DO BACKFLIPZ AND DIVE AND SHOOT TEH GUNZ AT ANYTHENG DAT MOVES

That's Resident Evil 4 for you.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 16:59:54

At 7/21/12 08:00 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote:

It still had the atmosphere though.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 18:18:27

I'm a gamer. I play games. I enjoy playing them. If I can enjoy a game, it's worth playing again and again.

I don't see how people can outright bash a game and the people who made it with their criticisms that are mostly illogical. Resident Evil 4 was a departure from the series and it was good. People enjoyed it, and so did I. If you did not enjoy playing Resident Evil 5, you would not play it. I'm going to get Resident Evil 6 because I know for a fact that I will have fun. I don't give a damn if it's not living up to some creed or its roots, I'm going to enjoy playing it.

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-21 19:55:26

I thought the point of a game was to have fun, not to bitch about every single flaw it has.

filler text

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 00:36:42

At 7/21/12 04:59 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 7/21/12 08:00 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
It still had the atmosphere though.

yea resident evil 4 was pretty scary still

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 02:40:04

The problem is how fucking popular FPS games seem to be and Capcom probably thought it was the right decision to go after RE4. But they did overkill it. RE6 looks more promising but yeah.. give me the graphics of their games today and stick me back in a mansion and I'll be happy as fuck. I think most gamers would be. The horror genre is getting ruined. Dead Space used to be a horror too, now look what they're doing to that series.

What we need is actually a game mixing the good elements of Resident Evil with the good elements of Silent Hill. And bam, got an awesome horror game that you wouldn't want to play on your own at night time.

Also there are still some scary parts. I know some parts in RE4 fucked me up a little. The problem is that they seem to think now that we only need a chainsaw weilding zombie to keep us scared enough. Too many of them. Give her better shocks please.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 03:18:38

At 7/22/12 02:40 AM, Gagsy wrote: Dead Space used to be a horror

Dead space fucking WISHES it was horror. Shit jumping out at you is not horror, it's a damn haunted house.

Silent hill 2 and more recently Amnesia, now those are quality horror games, because they set up an atmosphere where you're scaring the piss out of yourself. Then again I'm a giant pussy so maybe it's just me.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 03:29:26

At 7/22/12 03:18 AM, Trambamboline wrote:
Dead space fucking WISHES it was horror. Shit jumping out at you is not horror, it's a damn haunted house.

To be honest I've never played it. Just heard how much of a misdirection the sequel and now third one have gone from the original goal. The original goal they neve quite reached accordng to you =P

Silent hill 2 and more recently Amnesia, now those are quality horror games, because they set up an atmosphere where you're scaring the piss out of yourself. Then again I'm a giant pussy so maybe it's just me.

I can barely remember SH2. I need to get the Silent Hill HD Collection soon when I'm not so poor (damn dog!). I played Amnesia too. I didn't get too far. I can see why its scary and some bits are just creepy but I guess that isn't my kind of game. I should pick it up again really. It was interesting in itself and likely gets better I imagine. Started a little slow.

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 03:40:09

At 7/22/12 03:29 AM, Gagsy wrote: To be honest I've never played it. Just heard how much of a misdirection the sequel and now third one have gone from the original goal. The original goal they neve quite reached accordng to you =P

We'll that's true, they've been getting progressively 'actionier' with each game, but even the first never scared me. Startled, yes, scared no.

I can barely remember SH2. I need to get the Silent Hill HD Collection soon when I'm not so poor (damn dog!). I played Amnesia too. I didn't get too far. I can see why its scary and some bits are just creepy but I guess that isn't my kind of game. I should pick it up again really. It was interesting in itself and likely gets better I imagine. Started a little slow.

Well at least you have a good reason for being poor. :P

Honestly I'm not far into amnesia myself. I'm just constantly being "Oh fuck, what was that? Oh shit where did that noise come from? Hide in a cupboard! Okay sit here until the nasty thing goes away and- ohfuckhefoundme! Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrun! Hide in a corner! Oh god now I've been in the dark too long and the fecking walls are bleeding aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! *Quit to desktop*" So I don't make much progress. xD

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 03:55:02

At 7/22/12 03:40 AM, Trambamboline wrote:
We'll that's true, they've been getting progressively 'actionier' with each game, but even the first never scared me. Startled, yes, scared no.

Can I just say that I hate FPS. Well hate is maybe strong, I just do not get the mass appeal of them. I mean, I lked the Medal of Honor games back in the day. A lot in fact but why does every other big game seem to be a FPS? Doesn't anyone else find it dull to keep playing the same type of game over and over?

Honestly I'm not far into amnesia myself. I'm just constantly being "Oh fuck, what was that? Oh shit where did that noise come from? Hide in a cupboard! Okay sit here until the nasty thing goes away and- ohfuckhefoundme! Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrun! Hide in a corner! Oh god now I've been in the dark too long and the fecking walls are bleeding aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! *Quit to desktop*" So I don't make much progress. xD

Well you did make it sound somewhat scary with that description, before the cowardly quitting to desktop admission =P

BBS Signature

Response to Resident Evil 2012-07-22 04:01:58

At 7/22/12 03:55 AM, Gagsy wrote: Can I just say that I hate FPS. Well hate is maybe strong, I just do not get the mass appeal of them. I mean, I lked the Medal of Honor games back in the day. A lot in fact but why does every other big game seem to be a FPS? Doesn't anyone else find it dull to keep playing the same type of game over and over?

Yes. Pretty much anyone with half a brain cell is sick to death of FPSes nowadays. But since most people don't have that much activity going on up there they still sell like hot cakes. FPSes and cover shooters alike. I don't necessarily think they're bad game mechanics, they're just used so lazily at the moment.

Well you did make it sound somewhat scary with that description, before the cowardly quitting to desktop admission =P

I am a giant, quivering pussy, woman, you know this! >=C

BBS Signature