00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LightyJaeger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings!

926 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Share your thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings.. Which was your favorite? It was rather hard for me to choose one. All four of them were somewhat intriguing. I do think that they actually did bring about closure and perhaps left an opening for another game in the franchise. Just wondering what you all think about them. I would love to hear what your opinions on them are. Thank you Newgrounds. =) Here's a link to all four for those who have not had the opportunity to view them yet!

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 05:55:48

It was too little too late.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 10:59:31

The endings were always going to complained about by someone no matter what was added to it. I think nothing short of changing the endings entirely through the DLC would have been the only way to stop people ranting about how terrible it was.

That said, the DLC does give a bit of closure on why your team was fleeing on the Normandy in the first place, so a little more closure is better than none I suppose.

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 11:08:46

At 7/18/12 10:59 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote: The endings were always going to complained about by someone no matter what was added to it. I think nothing short of changing the endings entirely through the DLC would have been the only way to stop people ranting about how terrible it was.

That said, the DLC does give a bit of closure on why your team was fleeing on the Normandy in the first place, so a little more closure is better than none I suppose.

Sorry for the double post, but forgot to mention my favorite ending was destroy the reapers because it seemed like the only one where Shepard survived. :D

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 11:40:54

At 7/18/12 11:08 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
At 7/18/12 10:59 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but forgot to mention my favorite ending was destroy the reapers because it seemed like the only one where Shepard survived. :D

Well control kind of makes Shepard survive too, just not as used to be though.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 17:54:45

The official thread is still on the front page.
Anyways, the endings are still pretty bad. But unlike the previous endings, I can now rest easy knowing that Bioware did something. So I'm content, at least. I don't really blame Bioware. The writers talked about other endings and scenes they had. But because EA is the embodiment of greed, they had to scrap them so that they could release it earlier for more money. The original ending was about dark energy, and how it was going to consume the galaxy. And only The Reapers could stop it. The human prototype reaper was supposed to be the answer, but you killed the collectors. So in the end you either destroyed the Reapers and had to use your EMS to see if you could stop the dark energy. Or you could help the reapers, sacrificing a chunk of humanity to create a new proto-reaper, and hope it pays off.
There was also a scene where a Phantom tried to kill Shepard in his own cabin, according to the art book. That was also scrapped because of EA.
Fucking... EA man.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut Endings! 2012-07-18 23:05:15

It's a happy middle. It makes it better, but not the epic ending(s) that was expected.