00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nastalgia 2012-07-10 22:27:05

What games give you nastalgia or remind you of your childhood?

KEWLBOY 2012

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-10 22:43:18

Skyrim would be one of them because it definitely has that Morrowind feel to it (one of my personal favorite games back when I was in around 6th grade). Unfortunately the game broke on me in the middle so I gave up. One day, I decided to get Guild Wars at gamestop and I noticed that they had Morrowind goty edition on sale. Only having enough money for one, I decided to get Morrowind goty. Still have it.

Halo Reach I guess because the campaign reminded me a bit of Halo 1's.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow because Super Castlevania IV was my first game. It was also the only 3D Castlevania I ever enjoyed.

Rayman Origins also comes into play because it reminded me how frustrated I got with Rayman 1 back when it was on the Playstation...

Mortal Kombat (new one) makes me remember the good when my old "friends" (1 is in jail) would play the original one back when we were kids.

Getting Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001) along with the gamecube in Christmas was really awesome! Clocked in so many hours into that game. Also Metroid Prime 1 (2002) was just so damn good when it first came out. Didn't know what I was playing, but I loved exploring Talon Overworld.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was just one big nostalgia game.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 00:41:40

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess pretty much took everything I loved about Zelda and put it into a blender. Not only that, but it did everything with the Zelda formula perfectly. It brought back a lot of memories for me, mainly the music. When I entered Hyrule Castle and heard the old castle tune from A Link to the Past it blew my mind.

The first time I played Animal Crossing I was around 12 years old. I was in a phase of leaving my childhood, but that game actually brought me back a little bit. When I turned 18, I was an adult and I was looking for a game to play on my birthday. Saw Animal Crossing and thought what the hell, why not? It still brought me back to my days as a child. Animal Crossing has been an interesting game like that I suppose.

I would be quite interested to see some Earthbound players come in with their nostalgia and childhood reflections.

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 00:51:40

Halo 3: Just looking at the case brings back a shitload of memories. Countless nights from 7th grade to freshman year were spent playing custom games into the wee hours. I've put more hours into Halo 3 than any other game I can think of.

Gran Turismo 4: I recently re-purchased a PS2 along with this to give the game the chance I could never give it when I was a spazzy kid back in 4th/5th (?) grade, and the moment the opening guitar riff to Van Halen's Panama started playing, I got serious goosebumps. I could spend hours just looking through the library of cars and be fascinated. It no doubt helped to make me the enthusiast I am today.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 01:27:24

Playing Pokemon Diamond for the first time gave me vibrant if not vague memories of Pokemon Gold version. The night time, the music, even the routes all reminded me of the Johto region.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 01:58:18

At 7/10/12 10:27 PM, slipknotfan33 wrote: What games give you nastalgia or remind you of your childhood?

I've always had fun playing Metal Slug. That game brings back some good times and a whole lot of button smashing.

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 04:50:31

At 7/10/12 10:27 PM, slipknotfan33 wrote: What games give you nastalgia or remind you of your childhood?

I don't know what "nastalgia" is.

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 05:55:51

Super Mario games.Even I don't like all those fancy things in Super Mario now I remember my first Mario game:Super Mario Bros Deluxe for GB color.Ahh,Nastalgia...

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 09:21:49

How young are some of you?!?

I was of the understanding that Nostalgia meant games in the Playstation and earlier generations, like Genesis.

Sonic, to be incredibly unoriginal.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 09:43:46

Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit were my first platformers along with Super Mario Bros. I mostly played DOS/PC games when I was younger such as Simcity 2000 and Mechwarrior 2. I had a NES as well with Star Solider, Friday the 13th, Rolling Thunder, and a few others games.

My most nasstaglic game ever is MW3 becuase it's goin to get forgotten once blackoop2 comes out

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 10:34:42

I always find it strange seeing images or footage of Aladdin on the Mega Drive. This is the first game that I have any memory of playing so it's kind of special to me. I really need to pick up a copy of this game now that I have a Mega Drive again.

Unoriginal and probably a common answer but Sonic is also a game I have some memories of from when I was really young. I now have copies of the 8-bit and 16-bit original Sonic The Hedgehog game alone with the 8-bit Sonic 2. Still fantastic games.

Rayman was the first ever game that was actually mine, so I always nostalgia over that. Another fantastic game with an art style that has helped it remain enjoyable to this day.

The final game(s) I'd like to mention are Pokemon Yellow and Silver. Yellow was my first Pokemon game but Silver was a huge improvement over it and I spent countless hours playing both of those games. I not regret not including them on my top 10 list that I wrote in the other thread. Silver would definitely have been included in it had I remembered to take Gameboy games into consideration.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 10:56:28

As a kid me and my friends where addicted to TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. I could pick that up and play it any day.

Nastalgia

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 11:26:28

At 7/11/12 09:21 AM, phrozonfire wrote: How young are some of you?!?

I was of the understanding that Nostalgia meant games in the Playstation and earlier generations, like Genesis.

Sonic, to be incredibly unoriginal.

Yeah, but it's games that remind you of older games. Like playing Super Mario Galaxy and remembering Super Mario 64 or something.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 13:36:24

Anytime I see the TMNT I think back to being a little kid trying so hard to beat the arcade version at our local ice cream store, or sitting at home with my dad playing the Genesis version for hours.

Mortal Kombat II, while I also had the first one, II was just a better game with the large cast of characters, etc and I can think back to all the days I spent playing it even though I was little and terrible.

Lastly, Pokemon. It being my favorite game series of all time has led to countless thousands of hours being poured into it, and everytime I start up a new game it makes me think of being a little kid and starting up Red version for that very first time.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Nastalgia 2012-07-11 14:25:35

SMB3
Maniac Mansion
Sonic3 and Knuckles
Home Alone games on Genesis
Streets of Rage series
Double Dragon 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (similar enough)
T2 Arcade
Evil Zone

Nostalgic for me