00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I wanna make a video game console.

3,206 Views | 22 Replies

Starting this summer of course.
I've been thinking of making a video game console, homemade and what not. Except I don't know where to start. My plan is
- to make it very interesting
-only targeted towards a small group of people
-and make it very, designer-ish.

Sounds alright?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 10:02:53

At 6/3/12 09:58 AM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Starting this summer of course.
I've been thinking of making a video game console, homemade and what not. Except I don't know where to start. My plan is

Sounds alright?

Sounds cool but, even if you do somehow manage to do it, where will you get games for it?

You could try to disassemble an Xbox or a PS3, that'd be cool.

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 10:10:35

At 6/3/12 10:02 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Sounds cool but, even if you do somehow manage to do it, where will you get games for it?

I'll probably make them and maybe persuade others to make some.

Yes I know I have to pay them
You could try to disassemble an Xbox or a PS3, that'd be cool.

I was going to use my PS2 (Since it's broken and all) but I decided to just try and get individual parts.

like buy 50 graphic chips, 50 whatevers, etc.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 10:12:36

You mean take a console like Xbox 360 or PS3 and change some details on it or make it from scratch?Cause if you're going to do the latter,it will need a team and lots,lots of work.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 10:33:29

At 6/3/12 10:22 AM, Crink wrote: uh well

i dont even know

i don't give a fuck about how interesting a console is, only about how interesting DA GAMZ are

if you're only targetting a small group of people, you're limiting yourself completely. you will only make x profit because only y amount of people bought because you specifically made it for them.

Right, well you see, I thought since I'm not some big name company and I don't have the moneez, I might as well, not sell it much. I'm not really trying to get rich off of this.

-and make it very, designer-ish
designer-ish as in fancy, smancy looking?

Yeah that.

Sounds alright?
no not really. tbh i doubt you will make a console because judging from your ms paint icons,

But I like MSpaint :(

i doubt you know what you are doing at all. other than the few people on the forums who are downs enough to wowed by this topic, i don't see the point of even making the thread.

I didn't really expect anyone to be wowed. I guess I just wanted some advice from people who have tried to make a console.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 11:25:21

At 6/3/12 09:58 AM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Starting this summer of course.

Good luck with your quest to make a video game console. Don't forget to show us a picture of it.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 13:32:46

getting materials and tools will be a bitch

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 14:23:53

Dreamcast II

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 15:33:21

Dont want to be a dick but you have 0 chance of this happening.

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 17:05:59

Usually I try not to be a dick when someone suggests something stupid but... Are you actually retarded? Do you have the first idea of how a games console works?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 17:37:38

At 6/3/12 03:33 PM, GHOST-KILLA wrote: Dont want to be a dick but you have 0 chance of this happening.

Thank god you said that.I didn't want to be the dick.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 18:27:26

I hope you're capable of actually designing games for it. And mass producing it.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 18:43:17

A console is just hardware, The real stuff comes from the programming written to make the hardware work well.

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-03 19:54:03

Build yourself a game console PC with your very own case.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-04 08:21:52

"I don't know where to start"
That's a pretty good sign you're not ready yet.

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-04 16:30:16

Good luck.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-04 16:35:55

At 6/3/12 09:58 AM, majormelthesackboy wrote: - to make it very interesting

Sorry but this is just the single most retarded load of bullshit I've ever heard. Just build yourself a PC, there's no way this will work out at all even if you did have a fucking clue what you're doing.

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2012-06-05 13:08:02

At 6/4/12 04:35 PM, SpiderTaco wrote:
Sorry but this is just the single most retarded load of bullshit I've ever heard. Just build yourself a PC, there's no way this will work out at all even if you did have a fucking clue what you're doing.

It's the harsh truth.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2014-10-26 12:50:18

I would first get a background on computers and how they work I would then work out hardware specifications and then i would work on the OS and if you finish that last part I think you are committed enough to finish the rest by yourself

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2014-11-02 23:39:53

ok first of if your telling him to just do it on a pc or console because its easier you obviously dont get why this guy wants to make a video game console,ive made video games in 3d ive coded video games and everyone called bs on it becuase its to much work thats not the reason i did it though i did it just for the fun of it i did it because i was curious how it was made,so he dosent just want to make a video game console for no reason he wants to becuase hes curious and interested in the topic so all of you doubting this guy need to SHUT your FUCKING mouths because you have no idea what your talking about.i take shit apart for no reason but just to see how it works and see whats inside anyone would just walk up and say why but thats the only reason i did i said why does this happen how does it work.

and also the guys who first started making consoles and games had know idea what they were doing when first started so if everytime someone wanted to do something and someone told them they couldnt because they didnt know what they were doing you fat fucks on your computers would have a computer or that tablet or that xbox,when microsoft first started they had no idea what to do know one did but they just planned out prototypes and fixed things so even if he dosent know what hes doing know one did when they started soo i call total fucking bullshit on all of you mother fucking degrading cunt ass bitches

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2014-11-03 17:07:19

@dean or @zachary someone lock this thread, I really regretted making it a long time ago

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to I wanna make a video game console. 2014-11-03 18:46:45

At 11/3/14 05:07 PM, TheMajormel wrote: @dean or @zachary someone lock this thread, I really regretted making it a long time ago

Gabyahyes totally has your back tho, with his supreme intellect you could really go places.