00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rough steps to get medals approved?

552 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Alrightey, so I've completed a game which I've implemented medals for, and they are currently pending. I've looked in this forum and tried multiple google searches, but as far as I could tell, all the links were either unrelated or outdated.

My question is basically this: What's the method of getting medals approved now (ie with the new system, which I quite like)? They're listed as Un-tested; do I have to have my preview available to all users, or can I leave it as only beta testers? If I leave it for a period of time, will an admin eventually take a look, or do I have to PM them personally?

I'm also assuming that Un-tested = unapproved. Is that true, or is there some place in the API tools that I didn't notice?

Thanks!
webufs

BBS Signature

Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? 2012-05-21 22:55:21

I believe that all you have to do is unlock the medals yourself and they're automatically approved. I think on the last game I made they were still listed as "un-tested" after I unlocked them, but when I submitted the game to NG the medals were working fine.

:)

Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? 2012-05-21 23:12:12

Yup, thanks guys, I submitted my game and the medals were more or less instantly approved. I probably should've waited for approval for Flash Ads before actually submitting it though, a few cents goes a long way! /sarcasm

Apparently it might not work extremely well depending on the computer/browser you use, but I think it's mainly about optimizing code, which hopefully I'll learn with time.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? 2012-05-21 23:26:59

FYI: the admins used to be in charge of approving the medals, but this was changed following the redesign.

Find me on Facebook!