New Topic Respond to this Topic
GristlyBear
GristlyBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Rough steps to get medals approved? May. 21st, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Alrightey, so I've completed a game which I've implemented medals for, and they are currently pending. I've looked in this forum and tried multiple google searches, but as far as I could tell, all the links were either unrelated or outdated.

My question is basically this: What's the method of getting medals approved now (ie with the new system, which I quite like)? They're listed as Un-tested; do I have to have my preview available to all users, or can I leave it as only beta testers? If I leave it for a period of time, will an admin eventually take a look, or do I have to PM them personally?

I'm also assuming that Un-tested = unapproved. Is that true, or is there some place in the API tools that I didn't notice?

Thanks!
webufs

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? May. 21st, 2012 @ 07:42 PM Reply

They're automatically approved.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
NoLanLabs
NoLanLabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? May. 21st, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

I believe that all you have to do is unlock the medals yourself and they're automatically approved. I think on the last game I made they were still listed as "un-tested" after I unlocked them, but when I submitted the game to NG the medals were working fine.

Robots! Aliens! Upgrades! #1 game of Robot Day 2012! S.R.A.G. Resurrection

GristlyBear
GristlyBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? May. 21st, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

Yup, thanks guys, I submitted my game and the medals were more or less instantly approved. I probably should've waited for approval for Flash Ads before actually submitting it though, a few cents goes a long way! /sarcasm

Apparently it might not work extremely well depending on the computer/browser you use, but I think it's mainly about optimizing code, which hopefully I'll learn with time.

BBS Signature
ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Gamer
Response to Rough steps to get medals approved? May. 21st, 2012 @ 11:26 PM Reply

FYI: the admins used to be in charge of approving the medals, but this was changed following the redesign.

Find me on Facebook!