00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About Sonar X1

1,503 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

About Sonar X1 2012-05-09 09:02:37

Question for an X1 user: Have they really upped the ease of radio ready mastering as opposed to the numbered series? I gotta know before I plunk down hundreds of friggin dollars 4 the upgrade.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-09 11:37:58

In 100% honesty, I couldn't figure out how to do much on the recording part of Sonar, it seemed so damn complicated, but it did have a clean sound when I recorded regularly. Effects and ish though I had no clue about, same with the overall recording system for it. Have any tutorials?

BBS Signature

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-09 14:57:52

Trumpet tools or something. Professional sound. Engine Ears.

Nah, seriously, I've heard the built in EQ's are excellent. Saw a thread on GS where the guy got them to Null with a rather expensive DSP card EQ - meaning that they're identitical. Epic sadz for those who spent 2 grand on a DSP card!

I like the idea of a DAW with a channel strip, but Reaper offers me the flexability for routing that I need. How's Sonar for bussing/sidechaining etc? (On a scale of Reaper to Cubase 3)

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-09 17:58:47

this question might be better of asked in a forum of sonar users, i don't think there's enough of them around here that'd be able to tell you.

p.s. i am gay

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-11 18:57:35

At 5/9/12 02:57 PM, Chris-V2 wrote: Trumpet tools or something. Professional sound. Engine Ears.

Nah, seriously, I've heard the built in EQ's are excellent. Saw a thread on GS where the guy got them to Null with a rather expensive DSP card EQ - meaning that they're identitical. Epic sadz for those who spent 2 grand on a DSP card!

I like the idea of a DAW with a channel strip, but Reaper offers me the flexability for routing that I need. How's Sonar for bussing/sidechaining etc? (On a scale of Reaper to Cubase 3)

Sonar has always been awesome when it comes to routing, better than all other programs, to me at least. And I'm hardly working with the latest version.

Emerg, I got a pretty ok user guide at my house, but the user guides online are just as difficult as doing it yourself, LOL.

I think I'm gonna give the X series a shot. I can't get my stuff to that radio ready crispness and I'm starting to think it's not me, LOL

BBS Signature

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-11 19:13:47

At 5/11/12 06:57 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I think I'm gonna give the X series a shot. I can't get my stuff to that radio ready crispness and I'm starting to think it's not me, LOL

it's always you

p.s. i am gay

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-23 09:07:45

At 5/11/12 07:13 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/11/12 06:57 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: I think I'm gonna give the X series a shot. I can't get my stuff to that radio ready crispness and I'm starting to think it's not me, LOL
it's always you

We'll agree to disagree. Or just disagree. LMAO

BBS Signature

Response to About Sonar X1 2012-05-23 10:30:40

yeah i've never understood the point of saying that
like you're obviously just disagreeing
but yeah i was just being a dick anyway

p.s. i am gay