00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tablet Pressure Problem

1,951 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 05:47:03

I have an Intuos 3 Wacom Tablet, model # PTZ-930, and it has no pressure sensitivity, in any program I use it in. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or do I need a new tablet? Xp

"Help those in need, or no one else will..."

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 05:59:00

At 5/7/12 05:47 AM, shadefalcon wrote: I have an Intuos 3 Wacom Tablet, model # PTZ-930, and it has no pressure sensitivity, in any program I use it in. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or do I need a new tablet? Xp

what programs have you used? typically you will need to setup pressure sensitivity inside those programs.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 10:47:31

According to the Wacom Community forum, the Intuos 3 seems to have this common problem.

This was the solution posted by user LuuKen:

<quote>
here is what you have to do..

win7: go to. Control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Vista: go to. Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

okey scroll down the list and find "Tablet PC Input Service" right click it go to properties and disable it. this disables all the tablet functions in windows.. wich are overriding the wacom drivers if it's left on.

i believe this is an issue with the new driver 6.1.6-7

i rerolled to the older one 6.1.6-5 before i did the above.. it worked for me. alot of people have this issue..

in anycase everyone should dissable it. it will make your brushes run more smooth
</quote>

You may also see if there is a driver update for your tablet.

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 14:46:13

win7: go to. Control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Vista: go to. Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

okey scroll down the list and find "Tablet PC Input Service" right click it go to properties and disable it. this disables all the tablet functions in windows.. wich are overriding the wacom drivers if it's left on.

i believe this is an issue with the new driver 6.1.6-7

i rerolled to the older one 6.1.6-5 before i did the above.. it worked for me. alot of people have this issue..

in anycase everyone should dissable it. it will make your brushes run more smooth
</quote>

You may also see if there is a driver update for your tablet.

I disabled it... still didn't work.

Where/how do I check the driver? I think it may be possible I don't have it installed anymore. :/

Also, where would I download a new one? I can't seem to find a download for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 17:59:40

Where/how do I check the driver? I think it may be possible I don't have it installed anymore. :/

Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse > Hardware tab

- Select Wacom Mouse and click Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver

http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare/Drivers.aspx

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-07 23:27:57

At 5/7/12 05:59 PM, Halvgoeden wrote:
Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse > Hardware tab

- Select Wacom Mouse and click Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver

http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare/Drivers.aspx

Awesome, thank you dude. I got the pressure back now, but I do have one issue left...

If I move my pen across the tablet, and lift the pen on and off the tablet to drag the mouse arrow across the screen, the mouse doesn't stay in the same place anymore, it jumps.

How do I fix that now? ^^;

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 00:16:13

At 5/7/12 11:27 PM, shadefalcon wrote: If I move my pen across the tablet, and lift the pen on and off the tablet to drag the mouse arrow across the screen, the mouse doesn't stay in the same place anymore, it jumps.

If I understand you correctly, you can't fix it. The tablet ends up corresponding to the screen of the computer. So if you touch the top right of the tablet surface, the mouse will be in the top right of the computer screen, etc etc.

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 02:53:00

If I understand you correctly, you can't fix it. The tablet ends up corresponding to the screen of the computer. So if you touch the top right of the tablet surface, the mouse will be in the top right of the computer screen, etc etc.

Are you sure? Because before I fixed the pressure problem it didn't correspond in this manner.

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 07:38:41

At 5/8/12 12:16 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/7/12 11:27 PM, shadefalcon wrote: If I move my pen across the tablet, and lift the pen on and off the tablet to drag the mouse arrow across the screen, the mouse doesn't stay in the same place anymore, it jumps.

That is a setting though, so it IS fixable. At least, on my bamboo it is and I really don't think they'd remove it for the intuous.
What you do is the following:
search for your "Intuous Preferences" or something along those lines, that should give you a window with some settings for pressure sensitivity, right clicking and "tracking". The last one is the one you want, it can be set to either "Pen mode" or "Mouse mode". Pen mode takes the location of the pen on the tablet and maps it to a corresponding position on your screen, that's what you have now. Mouse mode only tracks the movement of the pen, regardless of it's position.
Both modes have some additional settings you can fiddle around with.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 10:44:45

At 5/8/12 07:38 AM, J-qb wrote: That is a setting though, so it IS fixable. At least, on my bamboo it is and I really don't think they'd remove it for the intuous.

Well, waddya know, there is a mouse mode.
Although, it seems that mouse mode pretty much eliminates all the functionality of the tablet, such as pressure sensitivity and what not, so you'd need to switch back and forth between the two modes as needed.
On second thought, why are you using your tablet as a mouse? Why not just use an actual mouse?

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 12:47:12

At 5/7/12 11:27 PM, shadefalcon wrote: Awesome, thank you dude. I got the pressure back now, but I do have one issue left...

If I move my pen across the tablet, and lift the pen on and off the tablet to drag the mouse arrow across the screen, the mouse doesn't stay in the same place anymore, it jumps.

Hey man, I used to think I had this problem too. Honestly, it's not a problem, and its not something you want to fix. Drawing like this will not give you the skill development or quality you want in your drawings. Your strokes will not come out cleanly, considering you have to do short quick strokes, rather than longer clean ones, on any given zoom level. You shouldn't try to tamper with it, but rather use it for about a week or two. You'll start to get used to it, and realize that it isn't actually a problem.

It's just how a tablet works.

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 16:40:51

That is a setting though, so it IS fixable. At least, on my bamboo it is and I really don't think they'd remove it for the intuous.
search for your "Intuous Preferences" or something along those lines, that should give you a window with some settings for pressure sensitivity, right clicking and "tracking". The last one is the one you want, it can be set to either "Pen mode" or "Mouse mode". Pen mode takes the location of the pen on the tablet and maps it to a corresponding position on your screen, that's what you have now. Mouse mode only tracks the movement of the pen, regardless of it's position.
Both modes have some additional settings you can fiddle around with.

YES, I still have pressure sensitivity, and I am in mouse mode. Thank you SO much J-qb!

Also thanks to you other guys, you all taught me a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Tablet Pressure Problem 2012-05-08 16:45:46

My bad, I guess it had a delayed reaction. I switched to mouse mode, and then it didn't have pressure sensitivity anymore after a little while on that setting.

Alright, I'll just have to get use to the mapping. Thanks for all the help guys.

BBS Signature