Be a Supporter!

Worst and best game you played?

  • 1,347 Views
  • 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
LordOfThePercussion
LordOfThePercussion
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 04:33 PM Reply

For me? Err...the best game for me is Minecraft. Regardless of the graphics, it doesn't have any whiny kids with behavior issues most of the time with people saying "Pwnt" every time they kill someone in game (and yes, I'm talking about ROBLOX). It has epic monsters whether it's a creeper, a zombie, or a spider. It's very simple to make your own server, it's got everything.

Worst Game:
ROBLOX. After about a year, things started to get even worse. Every time you'd enter a game, the server would be infested with noobs, exploiters, liars, and crappy admins. There's whiny little 6 year olds with sucky grammar and behavior issues. The theme today is f**ked up and hard to use, unlike 2008, where it was epic. The graphics are decent, but they were much better in 2008, but lets not get started on that, as I don't judge games by the graphics. There's trolls, and people who say crap like "ZUMGZ!! CRAZEE GLICH AT MAH PL@C3!!!1!!!!1111one!!11" and "ur my new gf from now on, <3". It's just a disgrace, what with lazy admins who just sit on their lazy butts trying to find what old hats to put on the front page. They used to have great ideas for the players, they used to try to stop exploiters, they used to stay active and care for the community. But now the game went totally downhill.

What's your best and worst game YOU played?


You will...

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 05:32 PM Reply

Best game is a tie between Metal Gear Solid 4, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Crash Bandicoot 3. Can't decide between any of these three, since I've spent so long playing each of them. I remember playing through MGS4 about 10 times, and Ultimate Destruction maybe 3 or 4 times, but I can't remember the last time I played Crash Bandicoot 3, it was so long ago. I kind of miss it.

Worst is a much tougher call. I can remember playing games like Mass Effect 2 for instance where I kept repeatedly trying to force myself to try and have fun, but there wasn't any to be found. It's definitely not the worst I've played, though, not by a long shot. Some aspects of it were good. Same story with the first Crysis, although I haven't tried the second one.

The worst I've played is probably Minecraft. I think I can imagine why people would like it, but it's absolutely devoid of anything to do unless you feel like walking around aimlessly for hours collecting materials by weightlessly hitting them until they break, stacking them all up into some fancy house then deleting the save and starting over once you're done. The nauseating graphics being "retro" is just an excuse for laziness and there's a complete lack of any reason or motivation to do anything beyond trying to make your own fun with the stuff you collect. And I don't doubt that you can make your own fun, that'd just be a lot easier to do if there was a single even half decent game mechanic.

Minecraft's a mess of stupid and really badly executed ideas thrown together to see what comes out and because of it it feels more like a really shoddy modding platform from the 90s than it does a game.


#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Samkid882
Samkid882
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Best: Grand Theft Auto 4
Worst: Condemned 2: Bloodshot


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, emotionally and psychically.

Klik
Klik
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

Best: Fallout 3 or Half Life 2

Worst: nearly every 3D sonic game.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

Best: Ratchet: Deadlocked
Worst: Power Rangers: Time Force.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 4/17/12 05:49 PM, Samkid882 wrote: Worst: Condemned 2: Bloodshot

OH HELL NO!

That's bullshit and you know it.

Anyway, on to me.

Best game: Age of Mythology (First real game I ever played)

Worst Game: Brink (I'm on a love/hate relationship with this game)

Itachi888Uchiha
Itachi888Uchiha
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Best:
Capcom Vs. SNK 2 Best game ever made right there. Maybe Tales of Legendia after that?

Worst: Final Fantasy XIII
Nah, Star Fox Adventures was pretty terrible, at least for me. It's the only game I have regretted buying. Then again, I'd still probably play that over FFXIII.
I generally don't buy games I'm unsure about, if it doesn't immediately appeal to me through advertising (trailer) I don't bother. And I don't waste time renting either.


BBS Signature
Chaos-Player
Chaos-Player
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 01:32 AM Reply

Hard to choose just one but if i had to i guess it would be MGS.
And worst would be probably Fear 3 it was such a big disappointment...


Check out my youtube channel!

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM Reply

Best game I've played: Forza Motorsports 4. A vast amount of cars, gorgeous graphics and detailed tracks, endless customization, deep tuning options, beautiful music, sounds and noises, and a massive community. The game adapts to your skill level too, whether you're a newbie and need a little assistance here and there for braking and traction driving a C class car, or a hardcore fool such as myself who says "Pfft, fuck that. All assists off while driving manual-with-clutch up in this bitch!" with an R1 monster. Not to mention you define your own racing style: are you a defensive driver who makes careful passes and takes turns with grace, or do you prefer slamming down the accelerator on straightaways and plan on drifting around that series of corners coming up? With a healthy amount of DLC every month (despite it being stupid that I have to pay for the pack on the marketplace with real money AND buy the cars themselves with in-game credits), this game has a hell of a lifespan, until the next Forza comes out anyway.

I like cars.

Worst game? Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. I don't want that shit tainting my Ace Combat collection. I am patiently waiting for the next true Ace Combat entry.

I like planes, too.
Crink
Crink
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 03:38 AM Reply

best:

probably have to be metal gear solid 3 i guess. i can't think of another game that was as jaw dropping and left me immensely satisfied.

worst:

red faction guerilla. dumb, grindy piece of shit with no redeeming qualities.


hey

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 04:30 AM Reply

At 4/17/12 05:49 PM, Samkid882 wrote: Best: Grand Theft Auto 4

Finally someone who really likes this game like me.I'm tired hearing all the time people who say it is crap because it is realistic and not like San Andreas.

At 4/17/12 08:51 PM, Shade wrote:
Worst Game: Brink (I'm on a love/hate relationship with this game)

What no
Maybe this game doesn't have really good story but the gameplay is great.Maybe you don't like it I'm sure it isn't he worst game.

As for me...
Best game:
My dilemma is whether it is Batman Arkham City or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.But I think Batman is better.
This game had such a great story.All that unexpected things that happened and of course the end....it was great.The gameplay was also really great.The way batman fought(and Catwoman)was awesome.Also batman if the player wasn't good enough could easily be killed which means he wasn't god like.Riddlers trophies were really good and hard sometimes.This game was almost perfect for me.

Worst game:
Well I don't have much games.So although I've played games 50 times worst than this,Deus Ex:Human Revolution is the worst game in my games collection.The game was good,but a little bit boring.Adam was a not so interesting character.The story was a little bit silly.I didn't really like it.The gameplay...I liked the stealth in the game.Also the boss fights(except the very last one with the girl). But the whole game "slow" and boring.Only when there was shooting had the game fun.And again,this is the worst game in my game collection,of course there are worst games than this one.

My opinion

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 04:30 AM, tonypar16 wrote:
At 4/17/12 05:49 PM, Samkid882 wrote: Best: Grand Theft Auto 4
Finally someone who really likes this game like me.I'm tired hearing all the time people who say it is crap because it is realistic and not like San Andreas.

it's crap because it just doesn't play well and just feels overall clunky, from the cars to guns


hey

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 08:56 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 08:26 AM, Crink wrote: it's crap because it just doesn't play well and just feels overall clunky, from the cars to guns

May I disagree with this opinion?


"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
SynysterMayhem
SynysterMayhem
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 10:05 AM Reply

Best: GTAIV or Skyrim. Both just have nice long, interesting storylines, but the online experience for GTA is what puts this on here.

Worst: Enslaved. Such a miserable piece of crap game. So annoying to nonstop have to tell somebody what to do to not die, and have to protect yourself as well.

Denton
Denton
  • Member since: Mar. 5, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 59
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 03:22 AM, Protagonist wrote:
Worst : Half-Life 2

Dude wat. The game has solid gameplay, variety, cool weapons and level design, and nice animations plus it's FUN


It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 08:56 AM, tonypar16 wrote:
At 4/18/12 08:26 AM, Crink wrote: it's crap because it just doesn't play well and just feels overall clunky, from the cars to guns
May I disagree with this opinion?

it's not an opinion though, it's more or less fact

i cannot possibly see any reason as to how anyone would enjoy play gta 4 let alone say it's one the best games they've played. unless they've been brainwashed by rockstar or they are augmented to have the ability to eat shit


hey

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 4/18/12 12:08 PM, Crink wrote: it's not an opinion though, it's more or less fact

i cannot possibly see any reason as to how anyone would enjoy play gta 4 let alone say it's one the best games they've played. unless they've been brainwashed by rockstar or they are augmented to have the ability to eat shit

I wouldn't call it fact, because it's not; it's your opinion that it sucks, not everyone else. I for one loved GTA IV and welcomed the realistic changes to the game, and admit it's one of my favorite games that I have ever played. Am I brainwashed by Rockstar or augmented to eat shit? Certainly not; I hated Rockstar Table Tennis and the Midnight Club games (oddly enough, being a racing fanatic), and fecal matter does not one bit look appealing to me, which is why I got refuse games such as Saints Row The Third and Red Faction: Armageddon.
But hey, it's just everyone's different opinion.

SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

I don't have a "Best" game I've ever played because it's impossible to favor 1 game over a bunch of really awesome games. As for the worst game I've ever played, that for a fact goes to The Mask of Zorro for the GameBoy Color. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. The controls were pretty bad, it was impossible to see anything if you weren't playing it on the Gamecube Gameboy Player, the graphics are an eyesore, and the gameplay is crap. My brother and I got pretty far in the game, but we eventually gave up because the game gave no motivation to keep playing.


"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 11:13 PM Reply

Best? Probably Katamari Damacy. I've never had as much fun with a game as I have with Katamari Damacy. It's sequels are great too, but the first will always remain the best in my eyes.

Worst? Probably Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. It was obviously meant to be a PSP port of SCIV (which I think is a great game), but sometime during development they suddenly realized that they forgot to add in actual features and gamemodes. So we got this.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 01:30 AM Reply

The way you've presented the thread is quite silly. Basically people will give you their favorite game and a game they hated for whatever reason, so just label it as such.

Favorite game is Chrono Trigger. Least favorite game THAT I'VE ACTUALLY PLAYED for some reason, CoD MW2.


BBS Signature
Wolverzone
Wolverzone
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 06:50 AM Reply

Best game I have played was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I have enjoyed everything from beginning to end.

Worst I have played is the Tekken series. Just typical punches and kicks combos with mundane storyline.


BBS Signature
Ta-kun
Ta-kun
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:50 PM Reply

Best game: Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy 7 I can't remember when either game was "not" fun.

Worst game: Any anime games they make they never seem to get it right...


"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty. . . It's all the same once yer dead! And a corpse can't laugh."

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:42 PM Reply

Best: Star Fox 64 or Goldeneye 64. Two games that defined my childhood.

Worst: Superman 64. You don't know shit games until you've played it.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 4/22/12 06:30 PM, LaForge wrote: worst: Duke Nukem Forever amirite? so much anticipation, so much disappointment...

Oh, come on now. That game wasn't great, but it most definitely wasn't terrible.


BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 4/22/12 08:45 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 4/22/12 06:30 PM, LaForge wrote: worst: Duke Nukem Forever amirite? so much anticipation, so much disappointment...
Oh, come on now. That game wasn't great, but it most definitely wasn't terrible.

I got a lot of laughs out of it, at least. Sure, it wasn't great, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people say it is.

worrvoss
worrvoss
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

best umm fable 1 2 3
and worst dumb baby games like rugrats


Minecraft rules, try it but dont play free one free version sucks

BBS Signature
WarteryMind
WarteryMind
  • Member since: Apr. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:04 AM Reply

Best game? Don't ask me this, ever. I can't chose. But, if forced to, I can give a group that I would contend are the best games ever: The Mass Effect series, Grand Theft Auto San Anderas, Final Fantasy 9 (No, not a typo. Too much... everything, around 7, and 8 is broken as hell), Fable The Lost Chapters and Minecraft.

Worst game? Again, not easy. Plenty of choices though: Sonic 06 (shudder), Fable 3... Damnit, I can't think of anything else. :/


"Humans,who are unique in their ability to learn from others, are also unique in their disinclination to do so"
"You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That is all."

DubStepTez
DubStepTez
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

So far the best game that I have played would have to be, Both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Something about the game in it self was fun. I all ways seemed to find myself traversing my way through either The ruins of what is or what was DC or the Mojave Desert. Bethesda is absolutely one of my favorited Gaming companies.

The worst, game I ever had to endure was ROBLOX for a fact. As stated got childish with people who have grammar to the point were it got Unlegiable. I know that not every person has perfect Grammar but when the best you can say is "ur mom" or More vulgar language with stuipidity mixed. It's a game I wouldn't want to play again.

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

Best: Faaar too many too choose from, if anything I would have to seperate it via genre.

Worst: Shadow The Hedgehog EASY. I tried to like it, I really did, but the combat was really REALLY bad, and the storyline was even worse. At times, I got really confused on where I was/what I was supposed to do, and the shotty camera system didn't help me in the slightest.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Faintly
Faintly
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Worst and best game you played? Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

Best: Banjo Kazooie.
Worst: Dino D-Day.