00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst and best game you played?

2,561 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 16:33:52

For me? Err...the best game for me is Minecraft. Regardless of the graphics, it doesn't have any whiny kids with behavior issues most of the time with people saying "Pwnt" every time they kill someone in game (and yes, I'm talking about ROBLOX). It has epic monsters whether it's a creeper, a zombie, or a spider. It's very simple to make your own server, it's got everything.

Worst Game:
ROBLOX. After about a year, things started to get even worse. Every time you'd enter a game, the server would be infested with noobs, exploiters, liars, and crappy admins. There's whiny little 6 year olds with sucky grammar and behavior issues. The theme today is f**ked up and hard to use, unlike 2008, where it was epic. The graphics are decent, but they were much better in 2008, but lets not get started on that, as I don't judge games by the graphics. There's trolls, and people who say crap like "ZUMGZ!! CRAZEE GLICH AT MAH PL@C3!!!1!!!!1111one!!11" and "ur my new gf from now on, <3". It's just a disgrace, what with lazy admins who just sit on their lazy butts trying to find what old hats to put on the front page. They used to have great ideas for the players, they used to try to stop exploiters, they used to stay active and care for the community. But now the game went totally downhill.

What's your best and worst game YOU played?

You will...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 17:32:57

Best game is a tie between Metal Gear Solid 4, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Crash Bandicoot 3. Can't decide between any of these three, since I've spent so long playing each of them. I remember playing through MGS4 about 10 times, and Ultimate Destruction maybe 3 or 4 times, but I can't remember the last time I played Crash Bandicoot 3, it was so long ago. I kind of miss it.

Worst is a much tougher call. I can remember playing games like Mass Effect 2 for instance where I kept repeatedly trying to force myself to try and have fun, but there wasn't any to be found. It's definitely not the worst I've played, though, not by a long shot. Some aspects of it were good. Same story with the first Crysis, although I haven't tried the second one.

The worst I've played is probably Minecraft. I think I can imagine why people would like it, but it's absolutely devoid of anything to do unless you feel like walking around aimlessly for hours collecting materials by weightlessly hitting them until they break, stacking them all up into some fancy house then deleting the save and starting over once you're done. The nauseating graphics being "retro" is just an excuse for laziness and there's a complete lack of any reason or motivation to do anything beyond trying to make your own fun with the stuff you collect. And I don't doubt that you can make your own fun, that'd just be a lot easier to do if there was a single even half decent game mechanic.

Minecraft's a mess of stupid and really badly executed ideas thrown together to see what comes out and because of it it feels more like a really shoddy modding platform from the 90s than it does a game.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 17:49:58

Best: Grand Theft Auto 4
Worst: Condemned 2: Bloodshot

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, emotionally and psychically.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 18:53:43

Best: Fallout 3 or Half Life 2

Worst: nearly every 3D sonic game.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 20:07:37

Best: Ratchet: Deadlocked
Worst: Power Rangers: Time Force.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-17 23:11:08

Best:
Capcom Vs. SNK 2 Best game ever made right there. Maybe Tales of Legendia after that?

Worst: Final Fantasy XIII
Nah, Star Fox Adventures was pretty terrible, at least for me. It's the only game I have regretted buying. Then again, I'd still probably play that over FFXIII.
I generally don't buy games I'm unsure about, if it doesn't immediately appeal to me through advertising (trailer) I don't bother. And I don't waste time renting either.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 01:32:18

Hard to choose just one but if i had to i guess it would be MGS.
And worst would be probably Fear 3 it was such a big disappointment...

Check out my youtube channel!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 02:07:10

Best game I've played: Forza Motorsports 4. A vast amount of cars, gorgeous graphics and detailed tracks, endless customization, deep tuning options, beautiful music, sounds and noises, and a massive community. The game adapts to your skill level too, whether you're a newbie and need a little assistance here and there for braking and traction driving a C class car, or a hardcore fool such as myself who says "Pfft, fuck that. All assists off while driving manual-with-clutch up in this bitch!" with an R1 monster. Not to mention you define your own racing style: are you a defensive driver who makes careful passes and takes turns with grace, or do you prefer slamming down the accelerator on straightaways and plan on drifting around that series of corners coming up? With a healthy amount of DLC every month (despite it being stupid that I have to pay for the pack on the marketplace with real money AND buy the cars themselves with in-game credits), this game has a hell of a lifespan, until the next Forza comes out anyway.

I like cars.

Worst game? Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. I don't want that shit tainting my Ace Combat collection. I am patiently waiting for the next true Ace Combat entry.

I like planes, too.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 04:30:08

At 4/17/12 05:49 PM, Samkid882 wrote: Best: Grand Theft Auto 4

Finally someone who really likes this game like me.I'm tired hearing all the time people who say it is crap because it is realistic and not like San Andreas.

At 4/17/12 08:51 PM, Shade wrote:
Worst Game: Brink (I'm on a love/hate relationship with this game)

What no
Maybe this game doesn't have really good story but the gameplay is great.Maybe you don't like it I'm sure it isn't he worst game.

As for me...
Best game:
My dilemma is whether it is Batman Arkham City or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.But I think Batman is better.
This game had such a great story.All that unexpected things that happened and of course the end....it was great.The gameplay was also really great.The way batman fought(and Catwoman)was awesome.Also batman if the player wasn't good enough could easily be killed which means he wasn't god like.Riddlers trophies were really good and hard sometimes.This game was almost perfect for me.

Worst game:
Well I don't have much games.So although I've played games 50 times worst than this,Deus Ex:Human Revolution is the worst game in my games collection.The game was good,but a little bit boring.Adam was a not so interesting character.The story was a little bit silly.I didn't really like it.The gameplay...I liked the stealth in the game.Also the boss fights(except the very last one with the girl). But the whole game "slow" and boring.Only when there was shooting had the game fun.And again,this is the worst game in my game collection,of course there are worst games than this one.

My opinion

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 08:56:33

At 4/18/12 08:26 AM, Crink wrote: it's crap because it just doesn't play well and just feels overall clunky, from the cars to guns

May I disagree with this opinion?

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 10:05:25

Best: GTAIV or Skyrim. Both just have nice long, interesting storylines, but the online experience for GTA is what puts this on here.

Worst: Enslaved. Such a miserable piece of crap game. So annoying to nonstop have to tell somebody what to do to not die, and have to protect yourself as well.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 10:09:31

At 4/18/12 03:22 AM, Protagonist wrote:
Worst : Half-Life 2

Dude wat. The game has solid gameplay, variety, cool weapons and level design, and nice animations plus it's FUN

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-18 14:37:46

At 4/18/12 12:08 PM, Crink wrote: it's not an opinion though, it's more or less fact

i cannot possibly see any reason as to how anyone would enjoy play gta 4 let alone say it's one the best games they've played. unless they've been brainwashed by rockstar or they are augmented to have the ability to eat shit

I wouldn't call it fact, because it's not; it's your opinion that it sucks, not everyone else. I for one loved GTA IV and welcomed the realistic changes to the game, and admit it's one of my favorite games that I have ever played. Am I brainwashed by Rockstar or augmented to eat shit? Certainly not; I hated Rockstar Table Tennis and the Midnight Club games (oddly enough, being a racing fanatic), and fecal matter does not one bit look appealing to me, which is why I got refuse games such as Saints Row The Third and Red Faction: Armageddon.
But hey, it's just everyone's different opinion.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-19 01:30:59

The way you've presented the thread is quite silly. Basically people will give you their favorite game and a game they hated for whatever reason, so just label it as such.

Favorite game is Chrono Trigger. Least favorite game THAT I'VE ACTUALLY PLAYED for some reason, CoD MW2.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-21 06:50:17

Best game I have played was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I have enjoyed everything from beginning to end.

Worst I have played is the Tekken series. Just typical punches and kicks combos with mundane storyline.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-22 17:50:29

Best game: Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy 7 I can't remember when either game was "not" fun.

Worst game: Any anime games they make they never seem to get it right...

"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty. . . It's all the same once yer dead! And a corpse can't laugh."

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-22 20:42:40

Best: Star Fox 64 or Goldeneye 64. Two games that defined my childhood.

Worst: Superman 64. You don't know shit games until you've played it.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-22 20:45:06

At 4/22/12 06:30 PM, LaForge wrote: worst: Duke Nukem Forever amirite? so much anticipation, so much disappointment...

Oh, come on now. That game wasn't great, but it most definitely wasn't terrible.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-22 21:01:53

At 4/22/12 08:45 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 4/22/12 06:30 PM, LaForge wrote: worst: Duke Nukem Forever amirite? so much anticipation, so much disappointment...
Oh, come on now. That game wasn't great, but it most definitely wasn't terrible.

I got a lot of laughs out of it, at least. Sure, it wasn't great, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people say it is.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-22 21:59:09

best umm fable 1 2 3
and worst dumb baby games like rugrats

Minecraft rules, try it but dont play free one free version sucks

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-23 09:04:12

Best game? Don't ask me this, ever. I can't chose. But, if forced to, I can give a group that I would contend are the best games ever: The Mass Effect series, Grand Theft Auto San Anderas, Final Fantasy 9 (No, not a typo. Too much... everything, around 7, and 8 is broken as hell), Fable The Lost Chapters and Minecraft.

Worst game? Again, not easy. Plenty of choices though: Sonic 06 (shudder), Fable 3... Damnit, I can't think of anything else. :/

"Humans,who are unique in their ability to learn from others, are also unique in their disinclination to do so"

"You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That is all."

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-23 16:49:17

So far the best game that I have played would have to be, Both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Something about the game in it self was fun. I all ways seemed to find myself traversing my way through either The ruins of what is or what was DC or the Mojave Desert. Bethesda is absolutely one of my favorited Gaming companies.

The worst, game I ever had to endure was ROBLOX for a fact. As stated got childish with people who have grammar to the point were it got Unlegiable. I know that not every person has perfect Grammar but when the best you can say is "ur mom" or More vulgar language with stuipidity mixed. It's a game I wouldn't want to play again.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-23 19:38:47

Best: Faaar too many too choose from, if anything I would have to seperate it via genre.

Worst: Shadow The Hedgehog EASY. I tried to like it, I really did, but the combat was really REALLY bad, and the storyline was even worse. At times, I got really confused on where I was/what I was supposed to do, and the shotty camera system didn't help me in the slightest.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-24 13:43:24

Best: Banjo Kazooie.
Worst: Dino D-Day.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-24 17:32:44

My Favorite game? Pokemon FireRed. That game is a classic to anyone who owned a GameBoy. I played that game for hours on end, just totally absorbed in the endless fun. I still pick it up and play every now and then for nostalgia. No game will ever be better.

Worst Game: HALO. One word: OVERRATED. Nuff said.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-24 22:17:53

At 4/22/12 08:45 PM, Oolaph wrote: Oh, come on now. That game wasn't great, but it most definitely wasn't terrible.

True.

GTA4, i've been having fun with this for 5 years.

Just looking on my shelf, the worst is tied for Dead Island and Operation Raccoon City. This is only because they are pretty much unfinished games, that and how you can like them at first and then hate them. That's the worst.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-04-24 23:06:48

Best: Tie between MGS3 Snake Eater and MGS4. Im weighing more towards 3, mainly because of how insane it was for a PS2 game, replayability, and the fucking story. I might go out and buy this game again actually...

Worst: Sheesh, I've played a lot of bad games, but the one that takes the cake has to be Pokemon Gale of Darkness. God damn, i literally fell asleep playing that fucking game 3 times. I wake up and the shitty main character is doing his stupid out of breathe breathing and i almost shit myself. Such a boring game.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-05-06 16:13:08

Best: I really can't say for sure. At first, it was Kingdom Hearts 2, but it's been years, and I've found a whole bunch of other really nice games, while I was growing up and starting to find the optimistic vibe of the KH games rather pathetic and too unrealistic to immerse me into the story anymore. Apart from that, I still like those games, though. I guess my favourite series for now would be the Assassin's Creed series.

Worst: Unless you count any of the games I've tried playing specifically because I've heard that they are bad (like Mario is Missing and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde), I also can't say this one for sure. I would probably have to say Call of Duty: Black Ops, because I remember when I first played it after my brother got it. It was such a typical FPS that I got bored with it after a few hours and decided not to bother with it anymore.

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-05-06 17:42:28

Worst Game i ever played Tom and Jerry for the Snes

Best Game: Rainbow Six Vegas

Response to Worst and best game you played? 2012-05-09 02:28:56

Best: Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Worst: Superman 64

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature