00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Asorber just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help - my songs are not visable

1,363 Views | 19 Replies

Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 09:49:42

Sorry If I spamm, I uploaded two of my songs before I got Approved.
After approval, nobody has seen them.
Can I re-load them so they can be seen on Latest?
Or erase and upload them again?
What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 10:28:15

Help - I'm a moron!

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 11:28:34

At 4/1/12 09:49 AM, Adriatic wrote: Sorry If I spamm, I uploaded two of my songs before I got Approved.
After approval, nobody has seen them.
Can I re-load them so they can be seen on Latest?
Or erase and upload them again?
What do I do?

Thanks in advance.

I almost read this wrong. Be patient, or post in the Audio Advertisement thread if you want. And to my knowledge, because of the redesign, you can't exactly reupload them because no one can delete at the moment.

For future reference (hopefully this isn't like a trade secret or something), I've found that uploading a song between 7am and noon (NG time) seems to give the most initial views before being bumped off the Latest list, as everyone seems to be browsing around that time. Or you can be shameless and vote 5 on it to get it at the top of the score list for this week, though I think they changed the formula so that doesn't work anymore.

Your songs are visible, just no one has found them yet.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 11:37:49

I almost read this wrong. Be patient, or post in the Audio Advertisement thread if you want. And to my knowledge, because of the redesign, you can't exactly reupload them because no one can delete at the moment.

For future reference (hopefully this isn't like a trade secret or something), I've found that uploading a song between 7am and noon (NG time) seems to give the most initial views before being bumped off the Latest list, as everyone seems to be browsing around that time. Or you can be shameless and vote 5 on it to get it at the top of the score list for this week, though I think they changed the formula so that doesn't work anymore.

Nope, his songs are not visible. As a new artist he needs to be reviewed by a mod before he gets approved to upload music. Until this happens, he can upload songs but they will only appear on his NG userpage and not in the audio section or in the search bar.

This information is both plentiful and obvious. Next time look around a little bit before you start a useless thread in search of information regurgitation.

Making beats for your ryhmes and sounds for your soul

BBS Signature

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 14:10:24

At 4/1/12 11:37 AM, nestman wrote:

Nope, his songs are not visible. As a new artist he needs to be reviewed by a mod before he gets approved to upload music. Until this happens, he can upload songs but they will only appear on his NG userpage and not in the audio section or in the search bar.

This information is both plentiful and obvious. Next time look around a little bit before you start a useless thread in search of information regurgitation.

My songs are visable, I GOT APPROVED ALLREADY.
I know it's good to submit at night and it seems to get more hits/downloads,tnx Tydusis ;)

I'm just asking about my first 2 songs that I submitted BEFORE I was approved,
I CAN find them and they ARE visable, but NOBODY has seen them, not one time.
These 2-3 downloads are by my friends, and my own link forwarding ...
I can't even upload in different name, it gets blocked.

@loansindi "Help - I'm a moron!"
Yeah, I also think you need help ;)

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 17:20:32

My songs are visable, I GOT APPROVED ALLREADY.
I know it's good to submit at night and it seems to get more hits/downloads,tnx Tydusis ;)

I'm just asking about my first 2 songs that I submitted BEFORE I was approved,
I CAN find them and they ARE visable, but NOBODY has seen them, not one time.
These 2-3 downloads are by my friends, and my own link forwarding ...
I can't even upload in different name, it gets blocked.

@loansindi "Help - I'm a moron!"

Well there are certain places around the forums where you can advertise your music... the review request club in clubs and crews, and some threads in the audio forum. The more views your audio receives the more likely it will get heard by a wider variety of audience.

You can also look to collaborate with animators on a new custom song, and some of those people will carry over to your other songs, boosting views and making them more noticeable in relative searches and audio categories.

Other than that get views by linking to outside sources. Of course your rating will have to keep up with the views, a song rated 1.88 with alot of views wont bring you additional traffic.

Ideally you should delete and repost, but without that possibility you have to go out of your way a bit.

Making beats for your ryhmes and sounds for your soul

BBS Signature

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 17:41:17

I understand.
Thank you very much for your time and info.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-01 18:52:07

At 4/1/12 02:10 PM, Adriatic wrote: @loansindi "Help - I'm a moron!"

at least I'm not a damned moron.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 05:38:11

At 4/1/12 11:37 AM, nestman wrote:

I tend to disagree. After scrolling down and clicking around for a while in the site help, I found indeed a notice that 'your account has to be approved' (how that happens is still a mistery) and that you need to wait 'a few days' and that they 'tend to make this a community-driven thing'. Nothing on getting a notice when your audio goes online, where it comes online (is it shown in the latest on the date of approval? Does it get the original date and hence only pops up at page 4 or so? How with the scores you got until then? )

I had the same problem, I posted the same question, and eventually I got the same answer, which only told me that it's not a glitch, it's meant to be. What exactly is meant to be is yet another question.

Still, I love the site, I don't bitch about the rules. I just want to point out that the 'plentiful' and 'obvious' may be not that plentiful or obvious for a newcomer.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 11:49:21

I'm just sayin,

If a newbie like me is reading this,
try to get approved with no material or "sell"
the worst of your material just for APPROVAL :P
and then upload the real stuff that can be seen on the lists.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 11:54:34

At 4/1/12 06:52 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 4/1/12 02:10 PM, Adriatic wrote: @loansindi "Help - I'm a moron!"
at least I'm not a damned moron.

Nah you just a moron who like pretentious acts.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 16:49:07

At 4/2/12 05:38 AM, Jollesax wrote: I tend to disagree. After scrolling down and clicking around for a while in the site help

It's generally accepted that before posting in a new forum, it's courteous to spend a while observing the forum (lurking) and reading the current and popular threads. This allows you to avoid posting about common topics (how I get approved, omg I wuz banned, lol we need more genres, omfg what mic/headphones to buy, etc etc etc) and infuriating the folks who see those threads three times a week.

If you don't do that, you're either incompetent or selfish, and no one likes either of those.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 19:27:36

At 4/2/12 04:52 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/2/12 11:49 AM, Adriatic wrote: the worst of your material just for APPROVAL :P
and then upload the real stuff that can be seen on the lists.
i'm starting to see why loans called you a moron. posting your worst stuff just for approval serves absolutely no purpose.

Yeah, I see you're more smart than him xD
Why no purpose? I uploaded two of my songs, and for two weeks, not a single click. Later I got approved in 3min after asking one admin on thread "Awaiting Audio Approval" LOL.

Well, who gives a F** about my first two songs anyway, except sudden viewers that could browse the latest? But if i put my best work as my first uploads, and 2 months pass and get 0 views, I wouldn't upload it if I knew this shit is happening.
So call me a moron, I don't give a shit. Sorry for SPAMM, delete this Thread.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 19:28:43

At 4/2/12 07:27 PM, Adriatic wrote: Well, who gives a F** about my first two songs anyway, except sudden viewers that could browse the latest? But if i put my best work as my first uploads, and 2 months pass and get 0 views, I wouldn't upload it if I knew this shit is happening.

You make it sound like the only way to ever get views is the "New Submission" list...

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-02 19:39:45

At 4/2/12 07:28 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 4/2/12 07:27 PM, Adriatic wrote: Well, who gives a F** about my first two songs anyway, except sudden viewers that could browse the latest? But if i put my best work as my first uploads, and 2 months pass and get 0 views, I wouldn't upload it if I knew this shit is happening.
You make it sound like the only way to ever get views is the "New Submission" list...

well I think it certainly is the easiest way..
never mind that, I just asked a simple question

- can I re-load or re-upload them = NO

OK :) problem solved

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-03 00:41:27

At 4/2/12 07:39 PM, Adriatic wrote:
At 4/2/12 07:28 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
never mind that, I just asked a simple question

- can I re-load or re-upload them = NO

OK :) problem solved

Maybe I'm painting a small bullseye on my forehead for the "moron-hammer", but...
You do realize that there's no quick path for glory? Also, I got to ask you would you prefer people viewing your profile because you're "famous" or because your tracks are actually good?

I'd be happy to submit a review for you, but before I take my time for it I'd like to hear your better stuff if you consider current ones just "fillers".

(No offence meant)

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-03 08:51:49

At 4/3/12 01:28 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/2/12 07:39 PM, Adriatic wrote:
At 4/2/12 07:28 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: You make it sound like the only way to ever get views is the "New Submission" list...
you've got a lot to learn. lurk these forums more.

ok, thanks

Response to Help - my songs are not visable 2012-04-03 11:06:54

lock requested by OP