00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rage quitters?

3,703 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 01:31:53

I never rage quit, but if I'm like playing an FPS online and my team is getting destroyed I'll finish the match and then leave to find a new lobby. When my team is getting completely raped I'll get slightly annoyed because it takes the fun out of the game for me but I don't freak out over it.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 10:22:52

At 3/25/12 02:01 PM, toxisfuckingdumb wrote: Why is being a rage quitter so bad?

When a player on your team quits in Dota 2, shit get tougher.
It ain't cool bro, you're fucking your team.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 10:47:01

At 3/25/12 02:01 PM, toxisfuckingdumb wrote: Why is being a rage quitter so bad? I fucking rage quit all the time. I play video games for the express reason of having fun. If I am perpetually getting my ass handed to me in a game, it usually ceases to be fun and there is no longer a reason for me to keep playing. It seems more childish to continue playing something when you are temporarily miserable.

i play recordings of Jay from the kevin smith movies (e.g. DOGMA, CLERKS, CLERKS 2,CHASING AMY)

There is truly nothing better than broadcasting this little gem

"I am the master of the C.L.I.T. Remember this fucking face. Whenever you see C.L.I.T., you'll see this fucking face. I make that shit work. It does whatever the fuck I tell it to. No one rules the C.L.I.T like me. Not this little fuck"

or

"All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who are making that movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob. "

The Man Behind

All I can Say is .......................

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 12:43:12

At 3/27/12 12:59 AM, LaForge wrote: I quit, but I rarely "rage quit". I think rage quitters are exclusively lonely 17 year olds who have nothing to live for but their xbox live subscription their mom buys. mature users quit when they're losing badly, but really they don't get enraged.

yeah i mean i quit to avoid being enraged

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 19:49:47

At 3/27/12 10:22 AM, Steff wrote:
At 3/25/12 02:01 PM, toxisfuckingdumb wrote: Why is being a rage quitter so bad?
When a player on your team quits in Dota 2, shit get tougher.
It ain't cool bro, you're fucking your team.

Same thingag applies to a lot of other games. I play competitive css, which is always a 5v5 setting. When someone on my team pussies out and leaves because of a couple of bad rounds, that just screws the rest of the team over. Thankfully, the league I play in punishes leaving a match with a temporary ban as well as bringing the quitter's stats down.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 22:37:36

I very rarely rage quit because I'm stubborn like that. I'll end up breaking my joystick before RQing.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 23:34:08

I'm terrible at keeping my motivation strong enough to finish a few rounds online, so I just silently leave whenever I get tired of dying.

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-27 23:41:21

Actually, I don't know why I was advocating the cordial leaving of matches. I don't actually congratulate people on pissing me off before getting out of a match. I pull the plug quicker than I would on a rich elderly relative on life support and I don't give it a second thought.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-28 00:00:20

At 3/25/12 02:01 PM, toxisfuckingdumb wrote: Why is being a rage quitter so bad? I fucking rage quit all the time. I play video games for the express reason of having fun. If I am perpetually getting my ass handed to me in a game, it usually ceases to be fun and there is no longer a reason for me to keep playing. It seems more childish to continue playing something when you are temporarily miserable.

It's called sportsmanship. This is particularly an issue with fighting games. If you are clearly in over your head, feel free to leave. BUT...don't do so until after a match has concluded. Never leave in the middle of a fight; especially one that is ranked and counts for points. It just shows a lack of maturity on your end.

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-28 03:35:08

I've rage quit. Nothing but me getting upset over things I found too hard at the time. Just me being petty when I think i've tried hard enough. Though it's because I play games like Dark Souls I've learned more patience.

I'm good at most games, though fighting tends to be my weakpoint because there is too much input at once. So I avoid fighters; I'm not going to be stressed out by things I know I can't handle.

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-28 16:25:28

At 3/28/12 02:01 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/28/12 12:00 AM, dciguy01 wrote: It just shows a lack of maturity on your end.
asking for maturity from a person playing a fighting game with you is like asking Sneakers O'Toole to take his sneakers off.

Perhaps if you are under the age of 12 (or have an equivalent IQ)

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-28 18:23:55

*Player runs across map*
*Player gets killed and immediately leaves the session*

They are just butt-hurt and always expect to win every game. Some are just people that's in a game that's...not their game, like you. Whenever I leave a match its probably because its not my kind of match, either not my favorite gametype, map, or players that have higher skill level than me. Rage quitter just leaves the game because he dies and won't accept it the death so he just leaves the session.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Rage quitters? 2012-03-29 15:35:17

At 3/25/12 02:01 PM, toxisfuckingdumb wrote: It seems more childish to continue playing something when you are temporarily miserable.

Actually, putting up with misery is what adults do.

Still, I do lose interest in games I cannot win, just like you do.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature