00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask an IET soldier anything

3,718 Views | 47 Replies

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 19:38:02

British troops are straight up classy, I've worked with them a bit and I swear you can be in the middle of an intense firefight and they'll be on the radio talking like they never left the wire. FYI, Australians just don't give a fuck and Canadians, especially the special-ops guys freaked me out more than some of the CIA spooks a saw around.

Also, your a boot. And your Army.

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 19:50:31

At 18 minutes ago, vannila-guerilla wrote: But, you're right, the intel world is the most hated in the army. I don't know why, but my drill sergeants gave me crap about it before coming here. A lot of us guys getting into intel got mocked.

I don't know if it pertains to intel analysts, but from what I've heard from combat arms guys is that intel people tend to give false intel, or impartial intel in order to protect the integrity of the intel. Like I said, most of them have problems when the intelligence agencies get involved.

It also depends on the job too. I've never heard any issues from pilots about the intelligence guys. I've really only heard ground-pounders complain about intel.

Here's another question:

What is the jurisdiction of Army intel? When does information become a DIA, or other organization's, priority? I've tried numerous times to understand the intelligence community, but its very confusing to an outsider who can only speculate on what they do.

Exploding genitalia

"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 19:55:42

At 14 minutes ago, KennyD wrote: British troops are straight up classy, I've worked with them a bit and I swear you can be in the middle of an intense firefight and they'll be on the radio talking like they never left the wire.

Got any info on Norwegian or Danish troops? I've heard from a pararescue pilot that they are ridiculously calm, even when they are sustaining casualties and calling for an medevac.

Exploding genitalia

"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 20:09:44

At 6 minutes ago, Wagggs wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, KennyD wrote: British troops are straight up classy, I've worked with them a bit and I swear you can be in the middle of an intense firefight and they'll be on the radio talking like they never left the wire.
Got any info on Norwegian or Danish troops? I've heard from a pararescue pilot that they are ridiculously calm, even when they are sustaining casualties and calling for an medevac.

No, but I don't doubt it though. But it goes both ways, I heard of US troops completely freaking out and curl up into a fetal position from taking light, indirect fire and I've seen Afghan army troops stand up in the middle of a shitstorm, calmly aim his rpg, look back to make sure the blast area is clear, re-sight in, fire and then calmly sit down behind a rock being pelted by bullets. Training is one thing, but some just have that ability to perform under pressure.

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 20:13:01

Why do the most unfunny shitheads get a free pass by the mods? Lot of stuff on the first page that shouldn't fly in a mature forum.

No questions, carry on.

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 20:13:55

At 21 minutes ago, Wagggs wrote:
At 18 minutes ago, vannila-guerilla wrote: But, you're right, the intel world is the most hated in the army. I don't know why, but my drill sergeants gave me crap about it before coming here. A lot of us guys getting into intel got mocked.
I don't know if it pertains to intel analysts, but from what I've heard from combat arms guys is that intel people tend to give false intel, or impartial intel in order to protect the integrity of the intel. Like I said, most of them have problems when the intelligence agencies get involved.

It also depends on the job too. I've never heard any issues from pilots about the intelligence guys. I've really only heard ground-pounders complain about intel.

Here's another question:

What is the jurisdiction of Army intel? When does information become a DIA, or other organization's, priority? I've tried numerous times to understand the intelligence community, but its very confusing to an outsider who can only speculate on what they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIPRNet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Worldwide_Intelligence_Co mmunications_System

I know linking to wikipedia isn't the best idea, but this is accurate.
Basically, if you can't find it on there I probably can't tell you, but you can research these further in open(legal) sources to find out more.

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 23:32:04

At 35 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: I blame them when they knowingly join and then uphold a bullshit law.

While I don't agree with your stand-point, you do argue it well and I can kind of understand where you are coming from; however, I have a bit of a discrepancy with the above quote.

Police officers can't just pick and choose laws. They uphold the law - they don't make the law, they don't argue with law makers whether a law is bullshit or not. If its a law, its a law, and they uphold it. Therein is the same situation with soldiers, they can't just pick and choose which wars to fight. On the flip side, they can't object to being sent half-way across the world to clean up a natural disaster for a humanitarian mission. I know a lot of people that joined the military for structure and a steady job than to kill people, yet there they are in Afghanistan and Iraq. Their MOS's may be a cook, or a truck driver, or a mechanic, or even a desk clerk, but there they are in a patrol, or in a guard tower. Soldiers don't get to pick and choose. Thinking that everybody in the military can just choose to go to Afghanistan and get shot at is just absurd.

Exploding genitalia

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 23:37:13

At 11 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: "Muslim extremists." Yep. Sure are extremists for wanting us out of their country after we invaded and killed untold amounts of civilians all based along a lie. Hard work does not equate it to being worth the money. Know what's hard? A fuckton of pointless shit, that doesn't mean we should throw tax dollars at it all willy nilly.

While many did oppose the US for that very reason, many are actual Muslim extremists. These Muslim extremists are the ones that continue to bomb neighborhoods in Iraq even after we've left. Muslim extremists flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Even during the occupation of Iraq there were bombings of innocent targets without the presence of the US military. There is very much religious fueled turmoil in the region, not all violence in that region can be pinned on the US.

Exploding genitalia

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-04 23:55:38

At 20 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Xyphon202 wrote:

It seems like you two will not be able to find common ground. I commend you, Bassist, for not being an annoying shithead without any argument to back your statements up, but in my book your argument still fails. Joining the military is a choice, and that choice is backed by the reasoning of an individual, therefore you cannot judge as a whole (herp derp: I-N-D-I-V-I-D-U-A-L). Not all soldiers are pro-war, most soldiers don't kill civilians, and yes, there are real "extremists" who want to kill the "infidel"/non-beleiver (that means anyone not in their specific sect of crazy).

On the other hand, Xyphon, don't indulge bassist. He is just sharing his extremely biased/misinformed opinion in hopes that he will bait someone into an argument.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-05 00:51:55

At 51 minutes ago, Skaren wrote: Can we please stop the goddamn generic flame war that is seen on every fucking military thread?

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-05 02:01:13

At 58 minutes ago, Dogmeat wrote:
At 51 minutes ago, Skaren wrote: Can we please stop the goddamn generic flame war that is seen on every fucking military thread?
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for your response vannila-guerilla... the links were very helpful. I thank you for your service to the country.
I'm also glad you took the oath to protect the people and our Constitution, which is damn sight better than those posse members of the TSA and Homeland security. It's a terrible shame they're been issued better equipment, with little to no proper military or police training whatsoever.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-05 02:34:10

At 9 hours ago, Alexander wrote: That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
I bet you wear a tin-foil hat, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_
Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-05 20:53:07

Dear RacistBassist,

Clearly you like to like to engage in vibrant conversation, and I really respect that. I'm really impressed that your expert on military and foreign policy! I mean, you must spend all day sifting through all sorts of information to give us you insightful thoughts on these matters, surely you don't read a couple biased websites, mix in your own view on things and then try to pass off what you write as fact? That would just be misleading and wrong. Also thanks for clearing up why we join the military and what our mission is. I had no idea I was supposed to shoot the little kids! I must of really fucked up because all I did was give them candy, I wonder if I'm in trouble for that? Also do you think all the people thank military members for their service are terrorists, because really, who would support us baby killing war drones? Hmm, maybe I should call homeland security on my Mom because she seems really supportive of me, so that can't be good, can it? Oh before I forget, thanks for paying for my trip to Southeast Asia and my trip to Disneyland Hong Kong, that was totally sweet dude. Also for Thailand, good times man, good times. And I totally macked on Minny Mouse!

Sincerely, KennyD.

Ask an IET soldier anything

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-05 22:00:46

At 1 hour ago, KennyD wrote: Dear RacistBassist,

Clearly you like to like to engage in vibrant conversation, and I really respect that. I'm really impressed that your expert on military and foreign policy! I mean, you must spend all day sifting through all sorts of information to give us you insightful thoughts on these matters, surely you don't read a couple biased websites, mix in your own view on things and then try to pass off what you write as fact? That would just be misleading and wrong. Also thanks for clearing up why we join the military and what our mission is. I had no idea I was supposed to shoot the little kids! I must of really fucked up because all I did was give them candy, I wonder if I'm in trouble for that? Also do you think all the people thank military members for their service are terrorists, because really, who would support us baby killing war drones? Hmm, maybe I should call homeland security on my Mom because she seems really supportive of me, so that can't be good, can it? Oh before I forget, thanks for paying for my trip to Southeast Asia and my trip to Disneyland Hong Kong, that was totally sweet dude. Also for Thailand, good times man, good times. And I totally macked on Minny Mouse!

Sincerely, KennyD.

Lay it on him thick, KennyD, lay it on him thick.

RacistBassist I will be flat out honest with you: There have been garbage soldiers, there really have. I don't think that surprises anyone. Has there been soldiers that have shot and killed kids? Yeah. Has there been soldiers that have killed innocent civilians? Again, sadly, yes. Those instances are very few and far in between. They only seem common because that's all the news cares to report. By that logic everyone is a murderous child molester if you don't know them because that's all the news paints the civilian world as.

You will never hear about the hospitals the US has helped build or the kids that have been given homes. You will never hear about the good stuff the US does.

For every one soldier that goes postal and breaks the rules there is at least 100,000 that helps these kind of people:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319804/Afghan-girl-
Bibi-Aisha-nose-ears-hacked-Taliban-rule-gets-new-face.html

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-06 16:28:28

At 2 days ago, RacistBassist wrote: How does it feel being a waste of our money and contributing to the biggest factor of our debt?

this...

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-06 17:21:58

How's the gay sex?

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-06 17:24:27

Do men who did things like throw puppies off cliffs and beat sheep to death for fun in the military ever get punished? Is that type of thing taken seriously?

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask an IET soldier anything 2012-03-07 03:29:21

If you actually wanted to start or end wars you'd be a politician, not a soldier.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein