00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Going to heaven Religion Discussion

3,097 Views | 46 Replies

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 04:37:47

>2012
>thinking I'm going to read something as long as that, especially after such a boring intro

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 06:38:28

Basically, if you just accept the fact that Jesus died for our sins, you are saved; but repenting and living up to God's standards is solely up to each individual, and you life will reflect this

We can't even begin to fathom what heaven actually is, so therefore it is beyond our craziest ideas of what it really is.

1 Corinthians 2:7-9

But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But, as it is written,âEUWhat no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love himâEU

No other religion offers up a sacrifice for our bad deeds like Jesus' offer

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.âEU

Other Bible verses to consider:

Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt,
their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Luke 11:23

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather
with me, scatters.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11

For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Romans 1:19

Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God
has made it plain to them.

Romans 20:
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his
eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood
from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Colossians 3:1-7

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23

But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

Matthew 5:17-19

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be calledgreatin the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Conclusion:

Everybody who believes Jesus died for them makes it to heaven; a majority will most likely just not be on the V.i.P list

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:04:01

At 12 hours ago, Riltin wrote: [some ideas]

What does it mean to call something "wrong" or "immoral" or label it a "sin" if not claiming it goes against the will of God? In what way is the property "wrong" displayed in an action? If you were explaining to me some scenario, and you added the detail "what he did was wrong", what more would i know?

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:07:30

At 18 hours ago, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, yurgenburgen wrote: Heaven isn't real.
Stop believing in fairytales.
OP just noted in the...wow you're stupid. I bet you just looked at the topic and posted that without even reading the thread.

White knight alert. Defending girls on the internet doesn't bring you any closer to fucking them, fyi.

Resident stoner.

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:11:16

At 2 minutes ago, Popecat wrote: White knight alert. Defending girls on the internet doesn't bring you any closer to fucking them, fyi.

I don't really want to give your idiotic comment any attention but may i kindly request you don't just spout out whatever mindless garbage you've read elsewhere here.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:14:46

At 1 minute ago, PIED3 wrote:
At 2 minutes ago, Popecat wrote: White knight alert. Defending girls on the internet doesn't bring you any closer to fucking them, fyi.
I don't really want to give your idiotic comment any attentionbut may i kindly request you don't just spout out whatever mindless garbage you've read elsewhere here.

BAWWWWWW. Call in the internet police, someone made a bad comment in a girl's thread, send in the wambulance.

The fact is that the OP is full of shit. If you do good things just to avoid punishment, and avoid doing bad just to get a reward, then you're a pathetic human being.

Go back to masturbating over OP's photo.

Resident stoner.

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:16:09

Here's my thought: Whoever the fuck God is, he's an asshole, and I have already gone to hell anyway, so what's the point of believing in heaven?

Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:27:43

At 12 minutes ago, Popecat wrote: BAWWWWWW. Call in the internet police, someone made a bad comment in a girl's thread, send in the wambulance.

The fact is that the OP is full of shit. If you do good things just to avoid punishment, and avoid doing bad just to get a reward, then you're a pathetic human being.

Go back to masturbating over OP's photo.

*winces*

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:32:59

Who gives a shit. Live your fucking life and don't worry.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 10:47:08

Religion is a fairytale created to control the masses. That means that your whole thread is invalid.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 12:41:43

I do not believe in those fake religions called Christianity or Islam but i believe that our god the flying spaghetti monster will pick us up and fly us to spaghettia because his son the flying tomato sauce died for our sins

Going to heaven Religion Discussion

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 12:45:13

I guess you guys are incapable of thinking hypothetically.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 13:41:51

At 22 hours ago, Blazejsg wrote: Even though you don't have a religion.. They're some people who will never experience what having a religion is.

Was a Wiccan. It's more complex than Protestant and Catholic added together. Wicca is heavily stuff on afterlife. Too bad my parents let me exposed to Carl Sagan's books from early age so that concept of 'eternal life' is pretty BS for me.

In this case your gate to heaven is depending on your conscious.

Sure, it's opinion. Also creative imagination's matter too.

If you do something right and your conscious is telling you "this is correct," and other people are pleased with what you do such as tribes and people that live in the Amazon or Africa~ Killing an animal or sacrificing would be fine, because that's just in their culture.

Not in modern society. Cannibalism and head-skin scalping are free to practise too?

Living an ordinary essential, because your just livin: If your conscious is telling you you're doing something wrong, such as killing on purpose or knowing your doing something wrong that you feel guilt.

Not really, you just brought up a question: What is correctness of your actions? Does part of your paragraphs conflict with the If you do something right and your conscious is telling you "this is correct," and other people are pleased with what you do such as tribes and people that live in the Amazon or Africa~ Killing an animal or sacrificing would be fine, because that's just in their culture.

Then you know what that is, and you know where that leads you to.

To nowhere. Depend on where he/she does the killing and what power does he/she has? If you kill a child in front of a civilized society of course you are fucked up. But not in front of cannibalists or even fuckheads like Nazi because that dead kid was a Jew! You even get cheered too.

Also, since when does consciousness becomes a new justifying reason for murderer(s)?

You know when you're doing something right.
You know when you're doing something wrong.
even though you don't believe in "Heaven or Hell" you know doing something good is good, and doing something bad is bad.

Because people have been taught and told you what is wrong and right for the rest of your life already! Try ask Tarzan next time this question. Or a pure Amazon tribal guy. Or even a half-starved Somalian.

Everyone from different environments will give you different answer on right n wrong. There is no extreme of right and wrong. The right and wrong concepts invented by human's consciousness! For fuck sake animal have their consciousness too.

Again, this part is pretty confusing. Especially you made some opposite points up there.

So rate yourself..
Do you really think your life is filled with good deeds?
Or is it filled with crime and thieving acts? such as sin~

Lol. Two words: Bull Craps.

I for one do have a religion but I chose it because I can, and I want to~
I'm just speaking what I've learned.

If i'm wrong i'm wrong~
if i'm right i'm right~

Feel free to accept or disprove ~

You just have busted your OP with this part. Nice trolling, bitch.

I'll rate you 6/10 for a good attempt.

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 14:35:45

At 1 hour ago, dlxrevolution wrote: I guess you guys are incapable of thinking hypothetically.

Well, at least some of us can...

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 16:11:16

If you don't have a religion, why would you worry about getting into Heaven? You don't believe in it! Are you asking more like if there was a heaven and people just didn't believe in it, then would they do? I like to think so. Most of the idea of an afterlife is something I will never understand, so it's difficult to imagine a rule that would apply for everyone. All I can really say myself is that I do believe atheism to be more ridiculous than religion.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 16:15:19

At 1 day ago, yurgenburgen wrote: Heaven isn't real.
Stop believing in fairytales.

^ this

Response to Going to heaven Religion Discussion 2012-02-28 18:05:28

At 7 hours ago, camobch0 wrote: Who gives a shit. Live your fucking life and don't worry.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say! LOL

BBS Signature