00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flood The Portal Fridays! 12

3,141 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-20 15:09:41

stealin' most'a toas' post'a!

On the first Friday of every month, the art forum has a special event called "FLOOD THE PORTAL FRIDAY", yup!

What's Flood the Portal Friday, you ask?
The idea is to 'swamp' the art portal with the same thumbnail, with pics based on the same theme, right at the same time. This is not a competition, it's just a bit of dumb fun.

If you're still unclear about what it's about, check out the previous months (links at the bottom).

The Rules?
- Make sure the thumbnail of your pic is EXACTLY the one shown below. Don't make it blue, don't flip it, don't change the text, don't do anything! That's meant to be the icon that will Flood the Portal! You can change or remove it later on... just keep in mind that it will ruin the tag search if you do :P
- You can either work the thumbnail into the pic, or just dump the thumbnail in the corner, whatever you want.
- Try not to upload it early (or it may be removed), it's gotta be a FLOOD of pics on the FRIDAY! If you can't make it at the precise submission time, you can always add it later.
- Another perk of participation is the guaranteed views, and hopefully reviews! The more we help each other out by giving constructive feedback, the better. So try to leave a comment on at least one other flood piece... or if you're up for the challenge, review them all! Hopefully others will do the same!
- If you are unscouted, this is a good opportunity to get some exposure and feedback/tips. Just submit a link to your finished piece here. Who knows, you might just get a scout invite out of the deal!

===IMPORTANT STUFF===
The theme for the 12th flood is taken from an inspirational post by tom fulp:
"It's like leapfrog; you take a leap and end up at the front, but ultimately you will end up at the back, until you leap again."
...and the theme is FROGS!!
It can be as literal or loosely interpreted as you want, so long as you include the thumbnail and tag.

Tag your submission(s) with "ftpf12", so we can look back at them in the future.

The 12th flood will begin on the 2ND OF MARCH AT 6PM NEWGROUNDS TIME,
and the thumbnail can be downloaded here.

Have fun!!

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-21 13:53:02

Maybe.. cant promise anything though.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-21 15:39:28

At 1 hour ago, Flowers10 wrote: Maybe.. cant promise anything though.

Don't let me down, Jean-Claude!!

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-22 01:57:35

THE IDEAS ARE MALCONTENT TO STAY WITHIN MY MOTHERFUCKING BRAIN AND WISH TO BE PUT TO PAPER (however fuckin' lame they are).

So yeah, totally up for this. Although I can't promise anything because I might die (it's an issue).

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-22 02:05:41

At 5 minutes ago, Lintire wrote: Although I can't promise anything because I might die (it's an issue).

why the hell did i giggle at this?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-23 04:49:05

At 2 days ago, Art101 wrote: Have fun!!

I'll try and get something done for this but I'm a little buried under with college work at the moment.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-23 09:48:21

I'll try to draw something cause i like frogs :D

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-26 22:19:23

Surprised nobody posted a wip yet :O

Here mah wip on the black ninja power ranger's frog zord

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 09:42:47

At 11 hours ago, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Surprised nobody posted a wip yet :O

Yeah, I thought that, seems alittle strange. I hope that it isn't going to be a quiet flood. So more like a wet day then a full on tsunami.

Looking good, can't wait to see it finished.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 10:47:39

At 1 hour ago, Decky wrote: Yeah, I thought that, seems alittle strange. I hope that it isn't going to be a quiet flood. So more like a wet day then a full on tsunami.
Looking good, can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks

Grayscale wip is still coming along nicely

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 12:24:15

At 13 hours ago, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Surprised nobody posted a wip yet :O

I know!! It makes me sad to think that these have been going on for well over a year and there still hasn't been a fully successful monthly flood.

I have to wonder why more people aren't participating... is it a timing thing? are the themes too broad ...or uninteresting? Should we just stop doing them again? I'm interested to hear what you guys think about it.

Go zane!!! :D

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 13:59:42

At 1 hour ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 13 hours ago, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Surprised nobody posted a wip yet :O
I know!! It makes me sad to think that these have been going on for well over a year and there still hasn't been a fully successful monthly flood.

I have to wonder why more people aren't participating... is it a timing thing? are the themes too broad ...or uninteresting? Should we just stop doing them again? I'm interested to hear what you guys think about it.

I dont like the theme so much this time, but that only makes it more interesting to make something kickass!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 14:00:46

At A few seconds ago, Flowers10 wrote: I dont like the theme so much this time

Yeah, I hate the French, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 17:32:50

For once im actually happy with my work :)

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 20:22:44

At 7 hours ago, ReNaeNae wrote: I know!! It makes me sad to think that these have been going on for well over a year and there still hasn't been a fully successful monthly flood.

Wouldn't begin to know. Totally wouldn't say stop doing them, but I know as someone who's participated in something like 2 out of 12 floods the reason I haven't participated in more is because I was either not here or didn't know it was going on.

Anyway, WIP. Yay environment.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-27 20:47:47

A week to make a frog-themed picture? Kay.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 09:46:07

At 12 hours ago, maficmelody wrote: A week to make a frog-themed picture? Kay.

That basically is the idea, yes.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 13:59:40

At 1 day ago, ReNaeNae wrote: Go zane!!! :D

Woot!

Lucky there is still 3 and a half more days to work on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 14:16:54

At 16 minutes ago, ZaneZansorrow wrote: Lucky there is still 3 and a half more days to work on this.

Why's that ninja kicking a foetus?

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 19:41:19

Sketchy WIP is sketchy

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 21:34:59

At 1 day ago, ReNaeNae wrote: I'm interested to hear what you guys think about it.

Well, maybe knowing further ahead of time would help get the word around for the next months' flood.

I haven't been participating because I always have something to do that loves to coincide with all of the fun artsy stuff here.
But I would join if I had more time.

Soz :/

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 23:42:12

At 1 day ago, ReNaeNae wrote: I know!! It makes me sad to think that these have been going on for well over a year and there still hasn't been a fully successful monthly flood.

A lot of the time, I will be already participating in an art forum related thing or I just feel too busy in general. I also don't think we should stop doing them, as it's a slightly different turn out every time and it's always fun. I'm not too sure why the participation stays low, maybe people think it's somewhat exclusive? Hard to know for sure. I'll try my best to participate next month though!

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-28 23:52:19

Frogs

My body is ready.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-29 04:28:04

Yeah I'm calling this done. I'll add the icon and stuff when friday comes around.

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-29 21:35:35

At 17 hours ago, Lintire wrote: Yeah I'm calling this done. I'll add the icon and stuff when friday comes around.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. I don't really like it much at all. So boring.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-29 21:42:25

At 4 minutes ago, Sockembop wrote: I have no idea where I'm going with this. I don't really like it much at all. So boring.

That frog looks sooo stoned, man!

I like it

you should put a bong in there to make it more interesting.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-02-29 22:35:53

At 47 minutes ago, MasterMerol wrote: That frog looks sooo stoned, man!
I like it

...or put him IN a bong! on a lily pad floating in the bong water... I like it too! lol

Thanks for the feedback on participating! We can definitely post the next one sooner to give everyone more time. Seems like we tried that in the past though and people just forgot about it anyway! lol

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-03-01 00:22:23

At 1 hour ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 47 minutes ago, MasterMerol wrote: That frog looks sooo stoned, man!
I like it
...or put him IN a bong! on a lily pad floating in the bong water... I like it too! lol

Thanks for the feedback on participating! We can definitely post the next one sooner to give everyone more time. Seems like we tried that in the past though and people just forgot about it anyway! lol

I might try this. Painting things to look transparent is challenging for me. But It's something I really want to learn to do. A bong is a good a place to start as any.

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-03-02 14:03:17

so yeah... im doing something...

WIP-bit Ribit

will add background and sort out crazy eyes :D

BBS Signature

Response to Flood The Portal Fridays! 12 2012-03-02 16:51:17

I've been working on this the last couple hours. Hope it's good enough for the flood.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature