stealin' most'a toas' post'a!
On the first Friday of every month, the art forum has a special event called "FLOOD THE PORTAL FRIDAY", yup!
What's Flood the Portal Friday, you ask?
The idea is to 'swamp' the art portal with the same thumbnail, with pics based on the same theme, right at the same time. This is not a competition, it's just a bit of dumb fun.
If you're still unclear about what it's about, check out the previous months (links at the bottom).
- Make sure the thumbnail of your pic is EXACTLY the one shown below. Don't make it blue, don't flip it, don't change the text, don't do anything! That's meant to be the icon that will Flood the Portal! You can change or remove it later on... just keep in mind that it will ruin the tag search if you do :P
- You can either work the thumbnail into the pic, or just dump the thumbnail in the corner, whatever you want.
- Try not to upload it early (or it may be removed), it's gotta be a FLOOD of pics on the FRIDAY! If you can't make it at the precise submission time, you can always add it later.
- Another perk of participation is the guaranteed views, and hopefully reviews! The more we help each other out by giving constructive feedback, the better. So try to leave a comment on at least one other flood piece... or if you're up for the challenge, review them all! Hopefully others will do the same!
- If you are unscouted, this is a good opportunity to get some exposure and feedback/tips. Just submit a link to your finished piece here. Who knows, you might just get a scout invite out of the deal!
The theme for the 12th flood is taken from an inspirational post by tom fulp:
"It's like leapfrog; you take a leap and end up at the front, but ultimately you will end up at the back, until you leap again."
...and the theme is FROGS!!
It can be as literal or loosely interpreted as you want, so long as you include the thumbnail and tag.
Tag your submission(s) with "ftpf12", so we can look back at them in the future.
The 12th flood will begin on the 2ND OF MARCH AT 6PM NEWGROUNDS TIME,
and the thumbnail can be downloaded here.