00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Going to bed with music on

940 Views | 16 Replies

Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 04:42:13

Do a lots of people actually do this? And if so what do you listen to? Just curious since lately I've made a habit of leaving the local power 97 rock station on my radio when I go to bed. Always go to sleep on something good and wake up refresh to something better.
Another reason I ask this because when I have to bunk at a bros house I always hear music in the house at the late hours of night.

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 04:45:54

I don't think I've ever went to bed with music on. I fall asleep on the bus listening to music and I sometimes go to bed with the TV on, but never music. There is something about listening to audio that makes me feel sleepy if I'm lying in bed. If I'm ever having trouble sleeping, I switch the TV on, try to pay attention to it but always end up falling asleep. It's a good strategy.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 04:49:53

I like to have some sort of ambient noise as I go to sleep. Usually having the fan on does the trick, but in case there isn't one I'll switch on a rain loop and use that instead.

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 04:52:59

When you sleep your dreams are your cognitive thoughts speaking to you, music and lyrics would override your thinking and your dreams would be more interpreted by the music, I never do this because I think i'll wake up with a headache... dreams are suppose to clear your mind.

I would love to take a nap on pink floyd though... this song doesn't seem hard to fall asleep to either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbtinVhWsE

Avocado's Crazy Castle! Free to Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbVqm7qKI8

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 05:03:06

I always listen to an audio book when i go to bed and fall asleep while listening.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 05:04:55

I go to sleep listening to grindcore. Decent grindcore.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox

This is a temporary account. see JBK

Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 05:05:28

I once fell alseep while listening to Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" (aka, the exorcist theme, for you non music savvy users), that resulted in some strange dreams. I wouldn't make a habbit of going to sleep with music going though.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 07:12:35

Sounds like a waste of electricity.

/thread

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 07:37:22

I don't think I could. The music would keep me awake. Maybe if it were something calming but not too interesting I could fall asleep. Nothing with vocals, it would be like trying to sleep while someone's talking to me.

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 07:38:55

well I usually listen to the songs my sister plays since she is next door and there is a hole that connects our rooms. Or I usually listens to anything in my ipod..

But is it good to do that ? I mean hearing music while sleeping.. I'm afraid my ears can be effected or something.

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 17:31:35

At 12 hours ago, Dean wrote: I don't think I've ever went to bed with music on. I fall asleep on the bus listening to music and I sometimes go to bed with the TV on, but never music. There is something about listening to audio that makes me feel sleepy if I'm lying in bed. If I'm ever having trouble sleeping, I switch the TV on, try to pay attention to it but always end up falling asleep. It's a good strategy.

I could never fall asleep with the TV on even when I saw those cheesy infomercials. Everything seemed more interesting for some reason.

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 17:33:21

I've TRIED to go to bed with music on, I fell off to sleep and then it just woke me up later.

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 18:29:40

At 13 hours ago, FurryFox wrote: Do a lots of people actually do this?

I do

And if so what do you listen to?

Rap. Hip-Hop

:Just curious since lately I've made a habit of leaving the local power 97 rock station on my radio when I go to bed. Always go to sleep on something good and wake up refresh to something better.

mKay

Another reason I ask this because when I have to bunk at a bros house I always hear music in the house at the late hours of night.

Maybe there's something else going on...?

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 19:06:24

I use some songs to serve as a lullaby for me, it makes sleeping feel like butter on warm toast.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 19:47:48

used to sleep to NWA cassette tape

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 19:49:29

Subliminal sound waves sometimes.

hi

Response to Going to bed with music on 2012-02-20 19:52:54

Probably a bad idea to fall asleep to black metal.

BBS Signature