00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney

1,438 Views | 17 Replies

Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 09:31:43

Today the flag in NJ will be lowered to half mast for the death of Whitney Houston. Pop culture has influenced our politics and a drug addict is the cause for us to lower our flags. The end is nigh.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/227804/166/NJ-flags-to-f ly-at-half-staff-for-Houston

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 09:34:33

People need to get over this shit. People die everyday. It's nothing special.

Lets focus on actual world events and news.

Oh I forgot, this it the American media.

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 10:08:00

Wow that's stupid as hell. Then again, most of the things humans do are stupid as hell, so I don't see why this is of any importance.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 10:11:34

she makes my flag half mast.

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 10:49:44

Next they'll blame her doctor/s.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 12:07:02

I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 12:09:18

you Americans need to get your shit together

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 12:15:33

At 5 minutes ago, ZagmenO wrote: I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.

Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 12:50:08

The half-mast honor is really overblown. It doesn't matter at all; the act is temporal and fleeting. i certainly don't care, and hardly anybody will remember that it happened once the event is concluded. If you're upset over a publicity stunt by a state government acting well within its means and authority, you need to take a deep breath and move on with your life.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 13:09:06

At 50 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, ZagmenO wrote: I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.
Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country.

Actually, it's not like NJ lowers its flag to half-mast whenever an NJ soldier gets killed in the line of duty.

So this has-been popstar is getting more attention from the government of NJ than NJ soldiers.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 14:44:12

I don't think anybody in this entire world can ever appreciate the amount of not caring that my soul has succumb to at this very hour. Nobody has ever, and will ever feel the lack of shits that are generously not being given today.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 14:50:00

Whitney was from New Jersey?

God bless her soul.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 15:00:52

At 2 hours ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.

I wasn't even going there man.

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 16:48:37

At 14 seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote:
At 4 hours ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
Shut the fuck up, she's the most awarded female act in history and a very talented beautiful woman who's influence on pop culture and rise to the top was only limited by her inner demons. Fuck you, you're nothing, no flags will ever be half mast in your honor. When you die no one will remember you.

Haha, ok.

To everybody who made intelligent contribution to the thread - I wasn't saying that we should lower the flag for every fallen soldier, all I was saying is that the flag SHOULDN'T be lowered for a celebrity drug user. I'm not in a rage about it, but the politics of it are all screwed up, in my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's mine. You're free to disagree and degrade mine all you want, but it won't change.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 16:50:16

At 3 hours ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.
I'm sorry, but since when were those 3000 no names in the WTC famous for anything besides dying?

Fame definitely should not be a reason to honor and respect someone. If the person is famous for something actually important, then sure, but an entertainer? No.

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 17:08:50

Honoring a talented person by putting flag at... HALF MAST
Oh the horror.

You guys are douche bags.

Well some of you.

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 17:14:00

At 3 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: Let me guess, the only intelligent contribution are those who agree with you? You're demeaning who she was by summing her up as a celebrity drug user. A more accurate description would be "Highly awarded charitable singer who liked the rock"

I can see people's reasoning in this thread. Some people have made a good point. She was a very talented singer, and very influential to a lot of people in the world. But there is no reason to honor someone who died in their bathtub of an overdose. I'm sorry, but that's what I believe.

I'm sure you have done shit for the Red Cross, CDF, and created charity organizations though.

I've done things for the Red Cross, donated plenty of money throughout my life to charitable organizations, and done a lot for my community, as well as currently being a part of the armed forces. So yes, I do contribute. I don't expect applaud for what I've done, all I think is that someone who died of an overdose does not deserve one. Had she died of cancer or a heart attack, even natural causes, I wouldn't feel nearly as strongly about it. But in the end she was a bad role model as a drug user.

BBS Signature

Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney 2012-02-15 17:20:06

At 4 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, benmitchell0036 wrote: Fame definitely should not be a reason to honor and respect someone. If the person is famous for something actually important, then sure, but an entertainer? No.
And what would it take to be important?

I'm sure you have done shit for the Red Cross, CDF, and created charity organizations though.

I bet you're one of those people who, when confronted with someone who doesn't like a movie, says "Well let's see you make a better movie then."

Read my post again. All I said was that fame alone isn't a reason to honor and respect someone. And yes, it's good that she did charity work, but it's not that significant proportionately when a rich person does it. Sure, she can toss a shitload of money around, and yes, it helps a lot of people, but I still don't think that a rich person using a fraction of their money for charity is all that impressive.

I personally don't give a shit about flag lowering and whatever, it's just a piece of cloth to me. They can honor whoever they want to, I just think they honoring her just because she was a celebrity and did some charity work is retarded.