New Topic Respond to this Topic
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 09:31 AM Reply

Today the flag in NJ will be lowered to half mast for the death of Whitney Houston. Pop culture has influenced our politics and a drug addict is the cause for us to lower our flags. The end is nigh.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/227804/166/NJ-flags-to-f ly-at-half-staff-for-Houston

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 09:34 AM Reply

People need to get over this shit. People die everyday. It's nothing special.

Lets focus on actual world events and news.

Oh I forgot, this it the American media.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 10:08 AM Reply

Wow that's stupid as hell. Then again, most of the things humans do are stupid as hell, so I don't see why this is of any importance.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
MrRandomist
MrRandomist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 10:11 AM Reply

she makes my flag half mast.

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

Next they'll blame her doctor/s.

BBS Signature
Naruto46346753839262
Naruto46346753839262
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, kmau wrote: Next they'll blame her doctor/s.

i rly like how intelijent threads like this get no attention on nugrounds. god people are frkn stupid. hurrr lets talk about how im gay and how i like to poop and is it bad if i like to wear pink socks those threads get like 100 posts on them and pressing matters like these get 4. oh w8 5 including me

Check out my anime! Its a flash series ive been doing since 2008!!!

BBS Signature
ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.

I laugh at your sigs!

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

you Americans need to get your shit together

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, ZagmenO wrote: I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.

Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

The half-mast honor is really overblown. It doesn't matter at all; the act is temporal and fleeting. i certainly don't care, and hardly anybody will remember that it happened once the event is concluded. If you're upset over a publicity stunt by a state government acting well within its means and authority, you need to take a deep breath and move on with your life.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 37 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.

I'm sorry, but since when were those 3000 no names in the WTC famous for anything besides dying?

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 50 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, ZagmenO wrote: I mean she was born in New Jersey, so it makes sense.
Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country.

Actually, it's not like NJ lowers its flag to half-mast whenever an NJ soldier gets killed in the line of duty.

So this has-been popstar is getting more attention from the government of NJ than NJ soldiers.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
iamgrimreaper
iamgrimreaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

I don't think anybody in this entire world can ever appreciate the amount of not caring that my soul has succumb to at this very hour. Nobody has ever, and will ever feel the lack of shits that are generously not being given today.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

Whitney was from New Jersey?

God bless her soul.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.

I wasn't even going there man.

I laugh at your sigs!

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

Why does America seem to keep declining in actual news every year...

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 14 seconds ago, TwittSoup wrote:
At 4 hours ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
Shut the fuck up, she's the most awarded female act in history and a very talented beautiful woman who's influence on pop culture and rise to the top was only limited by her inner demons. Fuck you, you're nothing, no flags will ever be half mast in your honor. When you die no one will remember you.

Haha, ok.

To everybody who made intelligent contribution to the thread - I wasn't saying that we should lower the flag for every fallen soldier, all I was saying is that the flag SHOULDN'T be lowered for a celebrity drug user. I'm not in a rage about it, but the politics of it are all screwed up, in my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's mine. You're free to disagree and degrade mine all you want, but it won't change.

BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Yea, you're right. She deserves the same respect as the men and women who have died or put their lives on the line for the service of their country. A drug addict deserves the same amount of respect as the three thousand who died in the World Trade Center.
I'm sorry, but since when were those 3000 no names in the WTC famous for anything besides dying?

Fame definitely should not be a reason to honor and respect someone. If the person is famous for something actually important, then sure, but an entertainer? No.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 14 minutes ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Haha, ok.

To everybody who made intelligent contribution to the thread - I wasn't saying that we should lower the flag for every fallen soldier, all I was saying is that the flag SHOULDN'T be lowered for a celebrity drug user. I'm not in a rage about it, but the politics of it are all screwed up, in my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's mine. You're free to disagree and degrade mine all you want, but it won't change.

Let me guess, the only intelligent contribution are those who agree with you? You're demeaning who she was by summing her up as a celebrity drug user. A more accurate description would be "Highly awarded charitable singer who liked the rock"

At 8 minutes ago, benmitchell0036 wrote: Fame definitely should not be a reason to honor and respect someone. If the person is famous for something actually important, then sure, but an entertainer? No.

And what would it take to be important?

I'm sure you have done shit for the Red Cross, CDF, and created charity organizations though.

BBS Signature
Xergozy
Xergozy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Honoring a talented person by putting flag at... HALF MAST
Oh the horror.

You guys are douche bags.

Well some of you.

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote: Let me guess, the only intelligent contribution are those who agree with you? You're demeaning who she was by summing her up as a celebrity drug user. A more accurate description would be "Highly awarded charitable singer who liked the rock"

I can see people's reasoning in this thread. Some people have made a good point. She was a very talented singer, and very influential to a lot of people in the world. But there is no reason to honor someone who died in their bathtub of an overdose. I'm sorry, but that's what I believe.

I'm sure you have done shit for the Red Cross, CDF, and created charity organizations though.

I've done things for the Red Cross, donated plenty of money throughout my life to charitable organizations, and done a lot for my community, as well as currently being a part of the armed forces. So yes, I do contribute. I don't expect applaud for what I've done, all I think is that someone who died of an overdose does not deserve one. Had she died of cancer or a heart attack, even natural causes, I wouldn't feel nearly as strongly about it. But in the end she was a bad role model as a drug user.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I can see people's reasoning in this thread. Some people have made a good point. She was a very talented singer, and very influential to a lot of people in the world. But there is no reason to honor someone who died in their bathtub of an overdose. I'm sorry, but that's what I believe.

Why would the circumstances of her death matter if it did not hurt other people directly? Yeah, if she did suicide by cop or something I'd understand, but taking just a little too much rock is not that big of a deal on her legacy. Shit, I think her being an addict and still doing all of that shit only further cements how good she was at her core.

I've done things for the Red Cross, donated plenty of money throughout my life to charitable organizations, and done a lot for my community, as well as currently being a part of the armed forces. So yes, I do contribute. I don't expect applaud for what I've done, all I think is that someone who died of an overdose does not deserve one. Had she died of cancer or a heart attack, even natural causes, I wouldn't feel nearly as strongly about it. But in the end she was a bad role model as a drug user.

I don't count being part of the armed forces as a good thing, unless it's outside of America, the Coast Guard, or National Guard at this time. You keep overlooking her legacy and you are instead focusing on her death.

BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, RacistBassist wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, benmitchell0036 wrote: Fame definitely should not be a reason to honor and respect someone. If the person is famous for something actually important, then sure, but an entertainer? No.
And what would it take to be important?

I bet you're one of those people who, when confronted with someone who doesn't like a movie, says "Well let's see you make a better movie then."

Read my post again. All I said was that fame alone isn't a reason to honor and respect someone. And yes, it's good that she did charity work, but it's not that significant proportionately when a rich person does it. Sure, she can toss a shitload of money around, and yes, it helps a lot of people, but I still don't think that a rich person using a fraction of their money for charity is all that impressive.

I personally don't give a shit about flag lowering and whatever, it's just a piece of cloth to me. They can honor whoever they want to, I just think they honoring her just because she was a celebrity and did some charity work is retarded.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 39 seconds ago, benmitchell0036 wrote: I bet you're one of those people who, when confronted with someone who doesn't like a movie, says "Well let's see you make a better movie then."

Nah, I hate assholes like that.

Read my post again. All I said was that fame alone isn't a reason to honor and respect someone. And yes, it's good that she did charity work, but it's not that significant proportionately when a rich person does it. Sure, she can toss a shitload of money around, and yes, it helps a lot of people, but I still don't think that a rich person using a fraction of their money for charity is all that impressive.

And fame isn't the only reason why. Who gives a fuck about proportionality? You're arguing importance, what would make her important? She's done more then over 95% of people will ever do for this world.

I personally don't give a shit about flag lowering and whatever, it's just a piece of cloth to me. They can honor whoever they want to, I just think they honoring her just because she was a celebrity and did some charity work is retarded.

As I have said, what would make the honor noteworthy? Not only was she a very talented singer, but there was also the whole charity aspect, which I would say made her very important.

BBS Signature
slaughterMYdaughter
slaughterMYdaughter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Nj Flag At Half Mast For Whitney Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 05:33 PM Reply

Some celeb deaths just strike me so hastily, And her's was no different. But being it was so close to Valentines gives it a perverted contrast to the whole situation. I never liked her music.

BBS Signature