00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kerzid just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Censorship-not A Sopa Post

529 Views | 6 Replies

http://imgur.com/gallery/W2Y5u

This shows the headlines/covers of Time magazine, and the corresponding cover in America, it pretty much just shows how censored we are from the real world.
I don't know about you, but this pisses me off, and I think it needs to be brought to light.

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....

if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-01-31 09:41:15

American news media has always seemed bad compared to other countries.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-01-31 09:59:39

Actually the content of the magazines are the same, it's just that Americans are interested by different things.

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-01-31 10:00:53

It's not censorship. It's what Americans are concerned about. Time magazine wouldn't sell in America if it didn't cater to our self-absorbed lifestyles with psychological human interest stories and questions of social dynamics. The fact is, Americans get tired of hearing world news that barely pertains to us. We like to be the center of attention, and Time is a business. That's how they sell magazines.

BBS Signature

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-01-31 10:04:05

At 1/31/12 09:25 AM, trabajaba7 wrote: This shows the headlines/covers of Time magazine, and the corresponding cover in America, it pretty much just shows how censored we are from the real world.
I don't know about you, but this pisses me off, and I think it needs to be brought to light.

Are you sure it's censorship, and not simply that the American editions of Time have different covers?

I haven't read Time, but I'm looking through the American edition covers, and it's not as if they totally skip certain topics, like the Middle East protests, China or Pakistan.

BBS Signature

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-01-31 10:12:36

At 1/31/12 09:41 AM, BumFodder wrote: American news media has always seemed bad compared to other countries.

To an extent, it is. Bolo is right in what he says, but fails to include that other countries have different magazines that do exactly the same thing as Time has been proven to do over and over again. Partially out of propaganda, partially out of the eccentricity of human nature and what tends to sell.

Just pick and choose your source of news and patch together knowledge from a well of different sources, do the research, and you should be fine. Laziness will be your downfall otherwise.

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to American Censorship-not A Sopa Post 2012-02-04 19:04:33

you do realise the us govt doesn't own time magizine retard

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad