00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rosefire14 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help with symbol animation CS5

833 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm new to animation and recently I have stumbled onto a problem. On one of my character models I put a graphic symbol with in a graphic symbol for a total of 3 symbols in it to make it easier to animate. Well in the last symbol I used the bone tool to animate my character to do a walk cycle. However if I exit out of the symbols onto the scene any animation loop is not reflected. The only thing the character does is stay is the first frame pose I did in my walking animation and he will not do the walk cycle I had made. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Here's the list of Symbol's purpose if that helps

Symbol 1: Boiling
Symbol 2: Moving up and down
Symbol 3: Poses

Response to Need help with symbol animation CS5 2012-01-21 13:45:21

Make sure all symbols are set to graphic instead of movieclip, or else the animation won't play unless you export the swf.

BBS Signature

Response to Need help with symbol animation CS5 2012-01-21 15:09:54

Firstly, and maybe it's because I haven't met the mythical "bone tool user"
but I haven't used it, and none of the other people that I know working professionally bother with it.
This might be due to being older and less familiar with it... but let me just suggest:
don't use the bone tool in flash.
If I remember correctly, it actually forces you to turn all of your component parts into MC's so that's probably the problem your running into. There are good 2d ik tools out there, but not the one that comes with flash. From what I understand ToonBoom has a pretty good rig set up, so if your heart is set on it, I think Toonboom has a freeware version or a pretty cheap learning version.

Response to Need help with symbol animation CS5 2012-01-21 16:54:26

Okay all the symbols are graphic symbols so I'm going to take your advice and just forget using it thank you guys for the advice.

Response to Need help with symbol animation CS5 2012-01-21 17:36:05

Okay so tried animating without the bone tool still doesn't work so it maybe something wrong with the grapichs it self?

Response to Need help with symbol animation CS5 2012-01-28 19:36:45

At 1/21/12 05:36 PM, MegaAwesomeNerd wrote: Okay so tried animating without the bone tool still doesn't work so it maybe something wrong with the grapichs it self?

In the properties make sure it starts off in frame 1. Tweening will get you no where in flash, sometimes its just easier to draw it in.

NEVER FORGET.

BBS Signature