VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-22 20:12:58 Reply

At 1/22/12 10:38 AM, J1993 wrote:
I think the point being made there was that one or both of the parents is acting vicariously through the boy and masking it with the pretence of not wanting to enforce sterotypes.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-23 00:22:01 Reply

I wonder what his sexuality is/will be.

Some will argue that letting your son do feminine things can make them gay though that is very questionable and there isn't really any proof so if he ends up being straight I wonder what all the 'your childhood determines your sexuality' people will say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-23 01:37:13 Reply

At 1/23/12 12:22 AM, Halberd wrote: I wonder what his sexuality is/will be.

Some will argue that letting your son do feminine things can make them gay though that is very questionable and there isn't really any proof so if he ends up being straight I wonder what all the 'your childhood determines your sexuality' people will say.

No matter the outcome, one child isn't going to close such a controversial case like that. I think the real backstory behind this is obvious. Parents wanted a daughter, crushed when they found out it was a boy, and decided to have him act like a cute lil' girl his first few years because the human body can't comprehend social tendencies until a period where it is around other humans regularly. Let's assume one day he comes home from school and asks his mom to get him the normal boys uniform, will his mother grant his request?

Shouldn't there be a response from homophobic and/or religious parents in the same community? Raising a child as having either sexuality mentally and psycologically should be sparking some rage from them as well, right?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Ranger2
Ranger2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-23 22:35:56 Reply

What does the poor kid do when he/she's in public and has to use a bathroom? The idiotic parents are so naive; the kid's going to find out eventually.

Ranger2
Ranger2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-23 22:41:34 Reply

Those parents are messed up. And what's really telling about how biased they are is that they didn't allow the boy to wear a skull t-shirt but allowed him to wear blouses and sparkly pink swimsuits. They just want to have a gay son so that they can feel special and tolerant and unique.

There's a story about a baby boy who had a botched circumcision in the 1960s, and was raised as a woman. Around age 14 he used medications to try to turn back into a man (because obviously around puberty he started to mature more like a man than a woman) and eventually shot himself.

The poor 5 year old. He's going to have such a difficult life and it's all because of his stupid parents.

PowerRangerYELLOW
PowerRangerYELLOW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-24 00:55:38 Reply

Heres a youtube video about the very same topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjIp4buNH y4

Abyvoice
Abyvoice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-26 23:20:02 Reply

I am worried about this kid. It's another example of parents thinking of their kids as their 'property' they can 'use' to advance their own agenda.

"What do you mean by 'RAM DISK is not an installation procedure' ?"
Check out my bulk flash drives blog.

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Parents raise "gender neutral" kid 2012-01-29 16:51:01 Reply

At 1/20/12 04:54 PM, stafffighter wrote: http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/couple-
finally-reveals-childs-gender-five-years -birth-180300388.html

I start this by saying I do not proclaim to tell anyone how to raise their child. I am not a parent. That being said, this is a questionable move.
The main argument young Sasha's mother brings is that she did not want to enforce stereotypes upon her child. While that is admirable, does gener identity in itself suppose stereotypes? Couldn't it be just as easy to tell the child he's a boy and then let him decide for himself what that meant to him? Children have questions about self discovery and there's only so much not answering a parent can do.
Adding to the confusion is that the couple have two older children, giving Sasha both a brother and a sister. Have they seen adverse affect of gender roles in them? Do they feel cheated for not having the oppretunity to choose their youngest sibling has? This isn't brought up.

I guess the big question here is how much do you think that gender roles affect children and how you would approach this situation. Their forbadence of skull prints shirts gauls me as a Punisher fan but I can see it not fitting a 5 year old.

turning their kids into a social experiment is fucked up. gender neutral blank blue jeans,white t shirt white socks making them watch gender neutral television "teletubbies, digimon" their trying to turn their kid into a cross dresser

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad