Be a Supporter!

*the official regulars lounge*

  • 801 Views
  • 24 Replies
New Topic
78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
*the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:38 PM

This topic has been tryed and failed for the General Forum before....but this time it's official...if you are a regular and you are looking for your other regular friends...hopefully they will be here....want to have a good conversation or argument pretaining to the site...or not than hopefully you can have it here....

Taylor
Taylor
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:40 PM

too bad... locked post

78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:41 PM

At 5/8/04 10:40 PM, ZeldaClock wrote: too bad... locked post

um...why do you say that?

Mojimbo
Mojimbo
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:41 PM

Why bother making this when there is nothing stopping the n00bs from coming in and talking about what they like, which is usually stuff we dont like.

BurstStudio
BurstStudio
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Programmer
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:41 PM

Ok, and what's going to stop non-regulars from posting here? In all seriousness, this will die out. Something like this doesn't really fit in a general forum.

Wraith
Wraith
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:42 PM

A regs lounge in General... Ballsy. I doubt it will work, though. It works in Politics because most of these n00bs don't have enough braincells to argue politics, and become scared and run off. And the Wi/Ht, mostly because they don't care enough to go there.

CountingSquares
CountingSquares
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:42 PM

At 5/8/04 10:41 PM, _Burst_ wrote:

. Something like this doesn't really fit in a general forum.
it belongs in the clubs and crews

Hyper-Anthony
Hyper-Anthony
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:43 PM

I've seen this tried on other message boards before too... won't work. Didn't work there, likely it won't work here either.

Losperman
Losperman
  • Member since: Oct. 30, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:43 PM

At 5/8/04 10:41 PM, Mojimbo wrote: Why bother making this when there is nothing stopping the n00bs from coming in and talking about what they like, which is usually stuff we dont like.

a/s/l?

78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:44 PM

well i consider anyone with over 300 posts a regular....although i dont necesarily categorize anyone below that a noob....

mightypotato
mightypotato
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:46 PM

At 5/8/04 10:44 PM, -78- wrote: well i consider anyone with over 300 posts a regular

Do you know how many people would be in this thread then? There should be a proper setting of "general regular".


I used to be a BBS mod, plzdontban kthxbai :D
Back on a semi-intermittent basis
Bacon vodka? It's more likely than you'd think!

BBS Signature
78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:46 PM

At 5/8/04 10:42 PM, Gianfranco wrote:
At 5/8/04 10:41 PM, _Burst_ wrote:
. Something like this doesn't really fit in a general forum.
it belongs in the clubs and crews

no....this is a general regulars lounge....in fact the whole concept of a regulars lounge just wouldent fit into the clubs crews concept so you are completly wrong in that

Wraith
Wraith
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:47 PM

At 5/8/04 10:42 PM, Gianfranco wrote: it belongs in the clubs and crews

*cough*CCCTheEndless*cough*

TomFlump
TomFlump
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:48 PM

"lounge" makes it sound all comfortable and exclusive and stuff....

Wasson
Wasson
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:50 PM

I am going to post here. I declare my self regular!

Captain-HumpYourFace
Captain-HumpYourFace
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 10:53 PM

I like teh idea but I wouldn't call myself a regular and I doubt anyone else would... if it doesn't get locked I'll post in here later on.

I honestly have my doubts about this working though since there are already a lot of "regulars" posting in here who have less than 200 posts...

78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:11 PM

At 5/8/04 10:47 PM, _Wraith_ wrote:
At 5/8/04 10:42 PM, Gianfranco wrote: it belongs in the clubs and crews
*cough*CCCTheEndless*cough*

yeah but that isent how they started out

CUBErt
CUBErt
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:12 PM

Is it really necessery to join a club like this?
I mean I'm already a member of NG itself...do I really need to join a club that says that I come to NG often?


BBS Signature
klownboydotnet
klownboydotnet
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:13 PM

I'm wondering how in any way, shape, or form it's "official" just by putting "official" in the title.

K.

*the official regulars lounge*

minion002
minion002
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:14 PM

man if only they site administraters made it so u had to have been on newgrounds for a while to post in this topic

Masculine
Masculine
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Artist
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:14 PM

Seems just like a spam forum to me. No real topic at all.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:15 PM

What there needs to be is a secret forum that opens up to people with over 2500 posts or something.

78
78
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:16 PM

alright i give up....this was a bad idea and is obviously not going to pan out....

rancid-alan
rancid-alan
  • Member since: Jan. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Musician
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:20 PM

At 5/8/04 10:38 PM, -78- wrote: This topic has been tryed and failed for the General Forum before....but this time it's official...if you are a regular and you are looking for your other regular friends...hopefully they will be here....want to have a good conversation or argument pretaining to the site...or not than hopefully you can have it here....

Dude, this topic has already failed. If it fails the other times, then YES, THIS TOPIC WILL FAIL ALONG WITH THE OTHERS.

Joe
Joe
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to *the official regulars lounge* May. 8th, 2004 @ 11:20 PM

I thought this has been explained already...

The only reason there are "Regulars Lounges" in any other forum is because they are based on specific things. Flash, Programming, Politics, Where is/How to... All of those forums have specific reasons. Because of this, "Lounges" are allowed for people that share the common interest and hang out there often.

Having a "Lounge" for a forum where the topic is anything you can think of is pointless.


The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature