00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The "Ignore" option.

726 Views | 14 Replies

The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 19:37:39

I've noticed that the best way to handle an internet argument (most often on Facebook) is simply to ignore the person all together and allow them to keep talking. Minus your responding to their comments/insults.

Seriously, why give them the time of day? It often makes them twice as angry, but then you remain completely out of the picture, and you don't become angry at all.

Is ignoring better than trolling? Or is ignoring trolling in it's own right? What do you guys think?

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 19:43:56

People who ignore seen quite touchy, if you don't want to argue just tell the other person!
I usually say: Look if you want to argue I'll put on my pants and leave!

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 19:49:45

Sometimes I troll people who get mad at me in internet chat sites.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 20:03:52

This isn't the "best" way, simply the most passive.

The best way is to find them.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 20:15:44

At 12/5/11 07:49 PM, lawlmaster wrote: Sometimes I troll people who get mad at me in internet chat sites.

Do they end up counter-trolling at all?

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 20:17:55

At 12/5/11 07:49 PM, lawlmaster wrote: Sometimes I troll people who get mad at me in internet chat sites.

I slip out of my pants, just for you, lawlmaster.

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-05 20:18:41

I can only imagine that it would be best to completely ignore the person looking for an argument, during online confrontations. In a string of facebook messages, it's as if the person is talking to himself if no one regards his presence, no matter the amount of profanity he may toss your way, and can look quite piteous drowning in his deplorable actions. If you're simply overtaken with grief from an internet troll and decide to retaliate, and he responds with "you mad?" then you have lost.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 03:14:48

I don't ignore them, or use facebook. I embrace them, I like to see what they can do to try to "hurt" me.
But illegible kids? Fuck yeah I'll ignore 'em.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 04:19:44

I never ignore anyone on any site unless they're spamming me. I'm open to hearing anything anyone has to say, even if that means just a bunch of random insults. I guess I just don't really care.

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 04:38:27

I tend to ignore people over the internet if you insist on trying to upset me. Its not worth the time of day to take them seriously or care what they say. Just ignore twats like that and eventually they'll find other prey.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 04:40:54

Why are you so desperate to validate your personalilty by adding people on facebook who just want to argue with you?

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 09:55:19

You're basically a pansy if you start an argument with someone about whatever topic it may be, and half way through once you realize you've been proven wrong you ignore them. That's sort of like going to a football game with your closest friends, and leaving in the 3rd quarter by yourself without saying anything.

Of course I mean to say this in a situation where you're arguing with someone you actually know, rather then a random person on the internet.

>>

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 10:43:52

Internet arguments is a game in which the only way to win is not to play. Because even if you respond with a well thought out paragraph addressing the flaws of the other person, they're going to continue with the one liner insult. And if you do the ol' "I'm just gonna be the bigger man and ignore you" strategy, they'll chock that up as a victory for them. If you've so much as responded to the other person's insults even once, you've already lost.

And if you're on Facebook or Yotube, you can always just toy with them by deleting their posts.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The "Ignore" option. 2011-12-06 12:06:53

Ignoring is definitley not trolling because with trolling, you have to actually do something. If you don't do anything, then how does anyone know you are trolling? This is indeed the best way to deal with people of any kind in the real world as well, because people will simply keep on bothering you no matter what you do. This is the kind of thing that you should learn when you're still in elementary school.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock