00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking

1,131 Views | 15 Replies

I haven't posted here, like...ever, so I thought this might be a good way to break the ice.

Tricking, or martial arts tricking, is a badass blend of gymnastics, MANY forms of martial arts, some breakdancing, and some made-up movements. The result is utter ninja pwnage. Tricking is characterized by fast, nimble, flowing combos that elegantly mix flips, twists, and kicks - three of the major elements of tricking. In fact, many individual tricks are twist/flips with kicks in them! The beauty is that it's mostly self-taught - I learned everything I do now by watching Youtube videos, strapping on the balls, and trying it in my backyard. So, individuality and self-expression flourishes in this new and unknown art. Every tricker has their own style. I'll cut the jargon and show you mine.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn_
EnzzAIA]My latest tricking sampler![/url]

This is old...I've progressed quite a bit since then.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9arP MfoSWz8]Corkscrew swingthrough Gainer[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzsZ Pml6JGg]Hook kick to Jackknife[/url]

Those aren't really combos, but are basic transitions that show the grace and fierceness of the movement.

Tricking has transformed me. Not only has it given me extraordinary strength and fitness (and a six pack ;3), it has changed my work ethic and outlook on life. The amazing people and experiences that come along with tricking have taught me valuable lessons about dedication and made me infinitely more optimistic. Plus, I'm not at nerd status at school anymore.

Now that you've seen me, take a look at a couple of the very best!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFd ctAZufo]MIKE GUTHRIE[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JnM HJQXOng]JEREMY MARINAS (STYLE!!! OH MY GOD)[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjW Z65aguc]ANIS CHUERFA (He was in the new Tron movie!)[/url]

I'll post videos of tricking gatherings and battles (THEY'RE INSANE) if people are interested, as well as other trickers...and I'll keep you guys updated on my tricking.

OH MAI

BBS Signature

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-09-15 15:38:18

Also a tricker here! I don't have any vids currently though, they all got erased except for the vid on my news feed. Anyway, grwat to see another Tricker on Newgrounds, it happens to be the purpose of my own life (:

Of course I'm gonna ask- DOES THOU DUB??!

At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, PussyShark wrote: Also a tricker here! I don't have any vids currently though, they all got erased except for the vid on my news feed. Anyway, grwat to see another Tricker on Newgrounds, it happens to be the purpose of my own life (:

Dude....

Who're you talking to buddy, the guy that made one post four years ago?

At 9/15/15 04:42 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:
At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, PussyShark wrote: Also a tricker here! I don't have any vids currently though, they all got erased except for the vid on my news feed. Anyway, grwat to see another Tricker on Newgrounds, it happens to be the purpose of my own life (:

Dude....

Ah damn. He only has one post..
My grounds for replying to this were
1- it's not terribly old,
2- Tricking's my life and I thought, "couldn't hurt to make it a subject today"
and 3- I was sure I've seen this user before, but apparently it's a dead dude.
Well, my mistake.
But, while we're on the subject,
Does anyone here do Tricking?
Does anyone Tumble?
Does anyone do Martial Arts?

Edit: oh hey! Check this out- dude is actually a member of a facebook group I'm on called "Tricking," I think I've spoken with him before, so I'm gonna message him and see if he'll jump back on! (:

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-09-15 17:33:03

At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, PussyShark wrote:
Dude....

I don't see a problem with this. Did I mention I work out?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-09-15 18:05:06

OP will respond when he gets home! :D

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-09-15 18:39:46

At 9/15/15 06:05 PM, PussyShark wrote: OP will respond when he gets home! :D

Amazing.

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-09-15 18:40:38

At 9/15/15 05:33 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, PussyShark wrote:
Dude....

I don't see a problem with this. Did I mention I work out?

nowai gtfo

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:42:46

At 9/15/15 03:38 PM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote: Also a tricker here! I don't have any vids currently though, they all got erased except for the vid on my news feed. Anyway, grwat to see another Tricker on Newgrounds, it happens to be the purpose of my own life (:

Just logging into newgrounds for the first time in 6 years and found a tricking forum... my life is complete

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:44:35

At 11/24/15 01:42 PM, T-Lex713 wrote:
Just logging into newgrounds for the first time in 6 years and found a tricking forum... my life is complete

Fuck yes, finally, someone who's not a muggle!

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:47:10

At 11/24/15 01:44 PM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote: Fuck yes, finally, someone who's not a muggle!

Sick tricks bro....

"That's it! That's it! You have slid the fuck right in with the shit!"

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:48:59

At 11/24/15 01:44 PM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote:
At 11/24/15 01:42 PM, T-Lex713 wrote:
Fuck yes, finally, someone who's not a muggle!

No muggles here sir, I dub and all. Although speaking of muggles I think I saw you post on the facebook tricking page, and you were telling this muggle on how breaking our necks re literally something we have to try and do.

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:51:07

At 11/24/15 01:48 PM, T-Lex713 wrote:
No muggles here sir, I dub and all. Although speaking of muggles I think I saw you post on the facebook tricking page, and you were telling this muggle on how breaking our necks re literally something we have to try and do.

Yeah lol, that was me. people who don't trick are hilarious. Are you Tyler?

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:53:56

At 11/24/15 01:51 PM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote:

No sir I am not Tyler, my name is Lex, and I'm just another tricker who's sick of being asked to do a backflip. :T

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2015-11-24 13:54:06

At 11/24/15 01:51 PM, MonkeyDLuffy wrote:

No sir I am not Tyler, my name is Lex, and I'm just another tricker who's sick of being asked to do a backflip. :T

Response to Ninja Flips! (martial Arts Tricking 2017-04-24 14:34:33

Wow. Five and a half years. And apparently it took me almost two years to get home? Sorry, PussyShark. The road was closed.

I wish to give this post genuinely good grounds for bumping beyond not wanting to get the icy ban, even though indeed, my only dip on this forum was that one post. There's a Spongebob quote about the inner machinations of my mind that might apply here.

This thread is a cool example of how tricking connects people in unlikely ways. We got a cool little back-and-forth going on Newgrounds of all places, a hub of digital arts. I find that very neat.

I'm still training strong, and improving by the year. My life focus has lasered into entrepreneurship, but as a multimedia artist, tricking is going to take that journey to heights it could never have imagined to go otherwise.

Intense and relentless 10-hour days working toward that end have restricted me from releasing new tricking footage, but here's last year's representation of what I can do.

2016 Summer Tricking Sampler

Maybe I'll come back and post more. Maybe I'll do it under a different account once I get my branding under way; we'll see. But I'm really glad to see Newgrounds still going strong. This was my childhood. This was where my dreams for a life in art began, and blossomed into a need. And, in a big, big way, it's where my desire to trick took hold.

OH MAI

BBS Signature