00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Horror Story

1,091 Views | 21 Replies

American Horror Story 2011-11-28 21:34:42

American Horror Story is pretty much one of the Greatest horror/drama series' to ever premier on TV. I'm going so far and saying, that it is BETTER then The Walking Dead. It premiers on FX on Wednesdays and it's pretty easy to catch up, since so far there's only been 8 episodes.

Wikipedia info: American Horror Story is a horror-drama television series created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The series centers on the Harmon family: Ben, Vivien and their daughter Violet, who move from Boston to Los Angeles after Vivien has a miscarriage and Ben has an affair. They move into a restored mansion, unaware that the home is haunted by its former inhabitants.

For the first few episodes your going to be asking yourself "WTF IS GOING ON", but then when it ALL STARTS PEICING TOGETHER, IT"S THE BEST THING EVER.

For those that watch the show:
What do you think of it so far?
What do you think of the characters?
Best Character/ worst character?
etc.

American Horror Story

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-28 22:13:34

It is my favourite show on TV right now, haven't missed one yet.

I think it is off in the right direction, it's going to be very intense as it goes - I just wonder how far they can take the series, I'm a bit concerned that it may only last a few seasons, maybe 3. I'd like to see about 6 or 7. It's that good.

Favourite character has to be Violet, besides being cute as all hell, she just appears to be the most interesting because it doesn't focus so much on her sometimes, and we still can't really figure her out. The series is getting better and better though, I just wish it was somebody else as the Rubber Man last episode, and if they would have revealed who it was at the end, rather than the beginning.

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-28 22:30:28

That's odd. I REALLY liked Violet at the beginning of the story, but as it progressed... not so much. A friend of mine revealed to me who rubberman was before I saw the episode so I was pissed the hell off. Favorite character has to be Moira or Constance, because they don't have that much issues. I would love to go into details, but I don't want to give it away lol.

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-28 22:32:36

I like Larry. He's funny.

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-28 22:41:09

I just got into the show last week and I like how it's disturbing sometimes.
I really need to watch the first episode .
my little brother(who is 13) is a huge fan of this show.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-29 00:59:59

It's a really good show, right now this and the walking dead are really all i bother to catch on TV anymore.

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-29 01:30:12

I still have only seen the first episode. I will catch up. I think it is refreshing though to see a different genre on television, instead of the usual cop dramas. I hope this and The Walking Dead can do a lot for television shows of the future.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-29 18:40:57

At 11/29/11 01:17 AM, thdrkside wrote: It is a good show but I like Walking Dead better because I read the comic series before it wuz cool.

Ugh. I read the comics too, but it doesn't mean I necesarily like the Series. The first season was good, second. not so much.

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-29 19:16:48

do they have this on HULU?

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2011-11-29 19:56:15

Yeah, Use tv.linkz for the first couple episodes since there not on hulu though. Episode 4-8 I believe are on there though.

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:02:16

Is there an OFFICIAL thread for this show by any chance?
I didn't want to make a new one, but the second season, "American Horror Story: Asylum" starts on Wednesday, and I suggest any horror junkies do some research on this season, it sounds gritty as all hell.

I just gripped season one on Bluray today!

American Horror Story

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:07:48

At 10/12/12 09:02 PM, Luke wrote: I didn't want to make a new one, but the second season, "American Horror Story: Asylum" starts on Wednesday

I totally plan to see this one. looks more disturbing then the first season. But why did they have to add "asylum" to the title? I know its a completely different story,, but i really dont get why.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:08:04

At 10/12/12 09:02 PM, Luke wrote: Is there an OFFICIAL thread for this show by any chance?
I didn't want to make a new one, but the second season, "American Horror Story: Asylum" starts on Wednesday, and I suggest any horror junkies do some research on this season, it sounds gritty as all hell.

I just gripped season one on Bluray today!

The season one finale was so disappointing. Thank god season 2 is a whole new story so I'll give it a chance.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:15:49

Never really got around to watch it, but I probably should amirite?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:25:29

I enjoyed the show. I'll be watching the new season.

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 21:57:14

At 10/12/12 09:07 PM, TheMajormel wrote:
At 10/12/12 09:02 PM, Luke wrote: I didn't want to make a new one, but the second season, "American Horror Story: Asylum" starts on Wednesday
I totally plan to see this one. looks more disturbing then the first season. But why did they have to add "asylum" to the title? I know its a completely different story,, but i really dont get why.

The second season is set in an institution for the criminally insane, and is set in the 1960's.
I believe they decided to add ASYLUM to the title because it does not follow the story of the first season whatsoever, and each season will more than likely have it's own "sub-title" or something.

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 22:07:03

Truthfully, I am slightly disappointed that season 2 is another haunted house story.

American Horror Story could be anything. Why keep doing haunted house stories?

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 22:21:32

At 10/12/12 10:07 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Truthfully, I am slightly disappointed that season 2 is another haunted house story.

American Horror Story could be anything. Why keep doing haunted house stories?

It is not a haunted house story, dude. It is set in an insane asylum, with insane people.

Response to American Horror Story 2012-10-12 22:22:32

At 11/28/11 09:34 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Wikipedia info: American Horror Story is a horror-drama

For the first few episodes your going to be asking yourself "WTF IS GOING ON"

Sounds like a bit of a time investment, but sounds interesting if it doesn't lean too far to the drama side of horror/drama.

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2014-11-24 16:06:12

Why in the bloody hell is this thread so dead? This show is fucking awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to American Horror Story 2014-11-24 16:09:59

We watched this show today during Interactive Design class.

Response to American Horror Story 2014-12-02 15:57:45

I just finished Season 1, and I've felt so empty and disappointed at the ending. I know everything in the horror genre ends up almost everytime with the main characters always dying. But damn, the ending broke my heart into pieces.

Can't wait to start Season 2 <3

BBS Signature