00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who else thinks it's impossible?

908 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 02:15:14

Seriously just read the last one. Personally I think it is bullshit. but I just want to see what others think too. Where they say that game consoles will be extinct in 2020.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshop pingarticles/717/7-gadgets-that-wont-be-
around-in-2020

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 02:52:44

I think it's pretty cool! :)

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 02:58:28

Maybe it'll just be handhelds and TV downloads.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 03:51:05

lol. That's a load of shit.
Clearly a gamer didn't write this.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 03:59:50

The gaming systems that will succeed in the future will be those that manage to move away from being focused solely on video games and more on other entertainment options such as movies, evolving from a traditional game console into more of a set-top box.

I sorta went lulz at this. I don't know about the PS3 but doesn't the Wii and Xbox already have these things? I know they both have netflex and the 360 has movies,music, and TV shows already. I also think its complete bullshit what he was talking about. I really don't see consoles being built into a TV...

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 07:19:49

If they did make it into a TV, consoles would have been less portable than before. That's sayin' somthing.

CLICK PICTURE AND YOU WILL HAS ONE.

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 07:29:14

Yeah, agreed, not going to happen. There's no way people will go out and buy a completely new TV whenever they want a game system, especially if they want more than one publisher. That's actually a reason the Odyssey didn't sell as much as it could way back: a lot of people thought you needed a Magnavox TV to play it and didn't want to get one. It would be the fastest way to kill the industry next to completely halting production.

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 07:40:10

9 years is a long way, you'll never know...

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 07:54:30

I call bullshit. I am one of those who prefer to have a gaming console and I guess most people are like me. A future without gaming consoles will get kinda boring...

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 09:07:28

The writer clearly doesn't know jack shit about games. But of course you guys already knew that. Buying a whole new TV instead of just a console has got to be one of the most retarded ideas I've ever heard, it would be going completely backwards. And really, you don't need to know much about consoles to know that they're already much more than just a games console. That fact is shoved in your face in every damn commercial for christ's sake.

The gaming systems that will succeed in the future will be those that manage to move away from being focused solely on video games and more on other entertainment options such as movies

Oh, you mean sort of like what they've been doing for the last 10+ years? The rest of the article is just stating the obvious, damn this bitch is slow.

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 09:58:41

Oh, I very much plan to be playing video games on consoles for another decade at the minimum. The new xbox should be announced within a year.

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 10:31:47

Complete and utter shit, what are they going to do.. build a Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft console into the TV? People don't just buy one.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Who else thinks it's impossible? 2011-10-20 10:38:47

It's an article from Yahoo!... All their articles are usually complete bollocks or completely stupid.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature