00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Avrram just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Little Rant Everyone Should Realise

6,977 Views | 37 Replies

1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.
And before anyone has a got at me to convince me evolution isn't a fact, no, get over your old fashioned views, evolution has been proven.

3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Little Rant Everyone Should Realise

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 16:59:02

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

That ought to smooth things over.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:01:42

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: ...to be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

You certainly do give a fuck about religion, if not a positive fuck.

By your definition that means you are not an athiest :P

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:02:17

That is not a photograph. That is art.

You're going to make an argument about one artist out of the many that decided to paint Adam and Eve with belly buttons? Either the artist was ignorant of the bible, or he simply didn't care. That doesn't prove or disprove religion. It's just a flaw the artist made.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:04:48

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote:

Yeah! Blame all religions for an ignorant christian/catholic asking if you believe in Evolution!

That'll show them!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:04:52

At 10/10/11 05:01 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Are you like 12 and found atheism for the first time and think it makes you cool?

Nah. Thought I'd be serious and troll at the same time.

As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

At 10/10/11 05:01 PM, Rivergrey wrote:
At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: ...to be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.
You certainly do give a fuck about religion, if not a positive fuck.

By your definition that means you are not an athiest :P

In a sense you are right. But I couldn't be bothered to actually explain what it means to be Atheist, so I put it in a way dumb fucks could understand, and since most (if not all) religious people are dumb fucks... that is why.

)

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:07:47

Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".

We get it, you don't believe in God. Neither do I, and neither does half of Newgrounds. It's not an issue.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:10:05

At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

Good for you. I'm part Christian and Jewish. You don't see me making a thread about it though.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:13:41

At 10/10/11 05:10 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Good for you. I'm part Christian and Jewish. You don't see me making a thread about it though.

LOL. Well you've already failed at being both religions. By being Christian you're not being Jewish, and by being Jewish you're not being Christian. Soz :/

I mean, you could call it your own religion if you really wanted to, but it's not any of those. And that way you would know for sure it's just bullshit you put together in your own head to suit you.

At 10/10/11 05:08 PM, Tramps wrote: I don't know if there's anyone in the world who mixes up atheism and satanism but if you've actually met someone that does, it's your job as a human being to remove them from the gene pool.

I get it all the time. And consider it done ;)

At 10/10/11 05:07 PM, Scarface wrote: Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".

Five years older than you.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:14:01

I put my faith in Christ, you put yours in five meager senses and perfectly calibrated instruments that are extensions of those five meager senses. I.e you're still sensing them through those senses. Pegged to past experience usually immediate which is why you all use words you recently read. Even if it is the Enemy saying it. I've obtained information from a dimension others can't normally perceive, it was Christ who said it too.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:18:17

At 10/10/11 05:14 PM, Loiarlyritpyat wrote: I put my faith in Christ, you put yours in five meager senses and perfectly calibrated instruments that are extensions of those five meager senses. I.e you're still sensing them through those senses. Pegged to past experience usually immediate which is why you all use words you recently read. Even if it is the Enemy saying it. I've obtained information from a dimension others can't normally perceive, it was Christ who said it too.

Lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololol.

Literally lmao-ing here.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:19:36

At 10/10/11 05:13 PM, Japati wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:07 PM, Scarface wrote: Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".
Five years older than you.

Maybe in age, but in maturity, you may as well be five. Mocking someone because of their religion is stupid, and it makes people take you less seriously.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:19:44

Laughing at something you don't understand. As to "keep your peers in check or to conform"

What a dogmatic fool.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:31:16

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist.

What do you think satanism is, Church of Satan or something? Black masses and devil horns and pentagrams?

Satan is man's inclinations towards evil and selfishness. Presumption to deny God, the source of all good in the universe, could easily be logically equated with Satanism, as the scriptures from which we draw the very definition of Satan also define as Satanic behavior the denial of God, penchant for blasphemy, and the goal of driving others away from God. Or what, do you claim to have a different definition of Satan? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as an atheist wouldn't you not believe in Satan in the first place, as Satan is a concept directly from religious scripture?

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

No, that's not what it means. There are lots of atheists who care about things, and there are lots of atheists who are plenty neurotic and unhappy. You seem to be rather bent out of shape about what religious individuals think when it pertains to atheism in general, downright agitated in fact. Did you not yourself refer to this thread as a "rant?"

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.
And before anyone has a got at me to convince me evolution isn't a fact, no, get over your old fashioned views, evolution has been proven.

Contrary to what you might think, most religious people believe evolution to be real. In fact, it was medieval Muslims during the Islamic Golden Age of Science that are the first to have proposed the notion.

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

That's like saying "if humans evolved, then why does this painting show God creating them?"

It's a painting. It's an expression of the artist, and as with most successful classical artists rigorous knowledge of human anatomy is carved into their very being through constant practice.

Why are you mad at religions you know nothing about and have never even heard of? What have the Baha'is done to you, or the Zoroastrians, or the Sabaeans? Are you bent out of shape over the teachings of the Buddha too?

Honestly, why are you so angry at religion in general? These are flimsy arguments you've put forth, and I'm sure you're aware that should similar arguments be used against other philosophies that they would not be considered logically sound enough to refute them. Why the tirade?

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:34:44

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Honestly i'm in atheist but i'm not retarded like you, that picture wasn't painted by an artist "god" used

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:36:54

Agnosticism > Atheism

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:37:13

At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

Oh, so are you looking forward to your 11th birthday?

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:38:27

At 10/10/11 05:37 PM, PIED3 wrote:

That was bad.

not in a good way.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:38:49

At 10/10/11 05:37 PM, PIED3 wrote:

That was actually pretty funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:40:54

I don't get why people think Adam and Eve shouldn't have belly buttons? God made them that way.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:42:48

At 10/10/11 05:13 PM, Japati wrote: LOL. Well you've already failed at being both religions. By being Christian you're not being Jewish, and by being Jewish you're not being Christian. Soz :/

I mean, you could call it your own religion if you really wanted to, but it's not any of those. And that way you would know for sure it's just bullshit you put together in your own head to suit you.

I am Christian on both sides of my family, but on my Mother's side we can be traced back to being Jewish. So technically I am Jewish. I don't practice being kosher though, and I celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. You appear to be one of those Atheist assholes who want to "disprove" Christianity.

Yeah I said Christianity, not all religions. Why? Because most Atheists aren't Atheists, they're more of crusaders against Christianity. Now I'm not saying that is a completely bad thing, since most of the Psycho Christians (Westboro Baptist Church) certainly need to be taken down, but for the most part Atheists (mainly from the United States) like to attack Christianity as trolling, thinking it is cool to go against, or because it is one of the if not the prominent religion in the United States and therefore like to cause a stir.

I'll admit that Christians did fire the first shot on this one, but if you're an Atheist then you should just not give a fuck about any religion or what they have to say about you or your beliefs in a powerful God. Yes I know this, because I have an Atheist friend who respects other people's beliefs as long as said person has good morals for himself and those around him.

I'm done with this thread.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:44:14

You sir! Yes you! Calm the fuck down. Nobody thinks aithiests are satanists. They are both bent out of shape umberella terms as well. Evolution is a theory, with many sub-theories. Calling evolution as most see it a fact is like calling any one religion fact.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:44:43

At 10/10/11 05:36 PM, BumFodder wrote: Agnosticism > Atheism

Hey now you don't know that!

get it

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:46:15

At 10/10/11 05:44 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:

get it

i smiled

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:47:49

At 10/10/11 05:46 PM, SBB wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:44 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:

get it
i smiled

Very slightly.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 17:51:26

A good Atheist keeps a neutral attitude towards all religions without avidly following any of them.

A bad Atheist doesn't allow anyone any peace of mind by constantly trying to prove all religion wrong.

1/3 of the planet is Christian. They aren't going to convert anytime soon, either. Deal with it, move on, focus on other things.

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 19:34:32

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up.

But no matter what pseudo-logical stuff you might say to people, they'll still see you as a godless heathen. You'll just need to deal with that just like we religious people deal with you calling us brainless zombies or whatever.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 19:38:14

At 10/10/11 05:51 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: A good Atheist keeps a neutral attitude towards all religions without avidly following any of them.

A bad Atheist doesn't allow anyone any peace of mind by constantly trying to prove all religion wrong.

Youre getting Atheism and Agnosticism mixed up.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 19:41:25

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.

Evolution has never been proven, and couldn't possibly be proven. Evolution is a theory=/= fact. That's why it's called "Theory of Evolution".

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise 2011-10-10 19:43:46

but im a scientologist......

End of Line.

BBS Signature