00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Women aren't more loving than men.

13,711 Views | 214 Replies

Response to Women aren't more loving than men. 2011-09-29 04:36:37

At 9/28/11 10:33 PM, roderickii wrote: It's ashamed.

What is?

You is.

Response to Women aren't more loving than men. 2011-09-29 04:48:12

I'll just leave this here for you women who've spoken of "chivalry" in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Women aren't more loving than men. 2011-09-29 08:08:37

At 9/26/11 02:38 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
At 9/26/11 02:32 PM, Gagsy wrote: Oh my god, do you ever shut up about women?
I've been taking it easy on you during my time on The BBs

Mate shut up you sound like a prick

Response to Women aren't more loving than men. 2011-09-29 13:55:07

At 9/29/11 04:48 AM, Shmossy wrote: I'll just leave this here for you women who've spoken of "chivalry" in this thread.

I don't think chivalry means the same thing to every woman. I have a lot of female friends who STRIVE, constantly STRIVE to make things very fair; sometimes to the point where their boyfriends get annoyed by it.

In a way this supports MP's argument that men enjoy providing for women, but a lot of my male friends really enjoy treating their girlfriends with "special treatment" for no reason at all, other than they feel incredibly good making her happy and doing so randomly. One friend of mine gets "bothered" to a degree when his girlfriend acts "too independent." She refuses help from him, monetary or otherwise, even if she may really need it, because she's a proud girl and doesn't want her man to always have her back. A lot of my female friends are like this. They jump to pay for dinner just as often as their boyfriend does, and also give gifts for no reason, etc, as long as they have money to do so.

Perhaps it's the region I live in and the people I know, but a lot of the guys and gals I know treat each other as equals in their relationships. If anything, I've noticed more guy mooches than girls. Since there are stereotypes about girls "taking all of their man's moneys" and shit on tv, in the media, or in prevailing stereotypes, it is almost as if a lot of women are trying almost excessively hard to fend off those prejudgments. This happens often to the point where sometimes a male friend of mine will complain about it. "Sometimes I just want to do something nice for her..."

As for opening car doors and stuff, that's fancy and all, but a little excessive in most circumstances. Holding a door open is nice, but I find that whoever gets to the door first, whether it's a guy or a girl, should be polite and hold the door open for whoever is coming in behind them. I've experienced a lot of men AND women let the door shut in my face or someone else'. Is it that difficult to hold a door open?

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to Women aren't more loving than men. 2011-09-30 11:02:55

Huh...

I was kind of expecting there to be at least one mention of:

"What do you consider to be love?"

in this thread, instead, it kind of turned into a series of back and forth arguments in which eventually ModernPatriot's arguments dragged down to a vicious insult, followed by a link or two with no relation to the previous argument, that either did or did not actually hurt his own case...

While humorous, I suppose I could take the time here to lay down my thoughts.

So what is love really? This entire debate (or slaughter) was conceived over a simple proposition that Women are less loving than Men, which entails that Women might have less love for the other side, or for interests between the two.

Would you call it an attraction, a link between two people or living things (Hey I love my dog, and he likes me back, that's pet love!).

Man this question is quite ageless, but in reality, I can only scratch the top of this emotion by an attempt of mine to explain it:

"The feeling or connection between an individual and another person or thing that may be described as an 'want' to make it content, happy, loved at all times in order to fulfill the 'want'."

Heh, my definition might be a bit vague, but I think it does hit all the points, when you love someone, you WANT to make them happy, which makes you happy, which if they want you in respect to be happy, makes them happier! Its like an endless cycle of happiness.

I could go into a bit more detail, but what I want to do now is head back to the old argument about whether or not Men are more loving than Women. Considering the above, the OP may have a point that Men generally want to protect or please Women, whether it be for their needs and/or wants it is up for grabs.

This does not mean Women do not share the same amount of love, I am certain that beyond a fact women know that men are physically stronger overall, meaning as an icon of protection, men do better at caring and protecting their families.

DESPITE this, I believe women also share this 'want' to protect their families, being physical as the last resort since biologically it is their weakest trait (No offense to the ladies). They will however do everything they can to make their loved ones happy, just as much as men want to as well.

Another thing to note just for reference is that Men have a tendency to be less emotional during events, to keep the image of a stern protector, and this may have a tendency to carry into their lifestyles. As such, just as men are the protectors, women carry the role of the 'listeners' or 'understanding person' that can more easily express their emotions to care for the problems of others.

There are exceptions to the above cases, but regardless the case that 'Are men more loving than women' is simply untrue. Do the kinds of love differ between the sexes? Perhaps, after all women in the military who yearn to protect their families just as much as men, or men at home caring for their children as an understanding parent exist. But love is really fairly general, everyone has a certain degree of it to all people or things.

There are different ways love can be shown, but in the end, love is a hard concept for me to understand completely, as it should be for everything, what matters is how much do you as an individual care or love everything.

I hope this clears up a few things.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature