00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avat Round 3

3,850 Views | 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Avat Round 3 2011-08-19 19:44:49

Hello, I'm not SketchyEntertainment.
I'm going to be looking after this 'til it's all over!

This is the third and penultimate round of the AVAT tournament, for the following participants:
Flowers10, Kuoke, Nekow, J-qb, Aigis, Civilized-Apocalypse, ThePsychoSheep, uncleporkchop, orathio89, Re2deemer, Morthagg and ImpendingRiot

What is the theme for round 3?
Alien Attack!
Take the theme, and expand on it! So long as the end pic is associated with the words "Alien" and "Attack", you're a-OK! Any further queries can be made within this thread.

The top 5 people will continue to the final round. There are only 5 prizes available, so the winners of this round are guaranteed a prize.

The judges are:
TurkeyOnAStick, Jomillex, LegolaSS, Big-Jonny-13, S0LK, SketchyEntertainment, Ornery, Luis and Hyptosis

These 9 judges may also review some of your pieces in the art portal, if they have the time.

The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm Saturday the 3rd of September, Newgrounds time.
That's two weeks!
Late submissions will not be counted (This tournament has taken long enough already!)

Please finish and submit it early, so you can be chilled out for the remaining period!

======== ======== ========= ========
If you upload your entry to the art portal, please tag 'AVAT03' in your submission to make the art searches even easier.
======== ======== ======== =========

Best of luck to you all!

Avat Round 3

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-19 20:09:55

Crapsicles. I don't think this theme is really up my alley, let alone I'll make something of it better than my previous entry. I'm a little bummed out that I could have made something with a lot less effort and still have gone through though.. I'm happy for everyone, obviously, but it still feels like a bit of a sour and silly round to me, to be honest.

Anyway, I also came here to tell that I'm leaving on vacation monday, so my piece for this round will probably be in quite late.
But good luck to everyone!

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-19 21:16:31

Well this is an interesting turn of events.I tough I was done for with my craptastic pic in the last round but because I freaking love Aliens COUNT ME IN!

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-19 22:43:22

origional aliens right? like i dunno if were talking about a series or not but if its just aliens then OH BOY
but ill have to stab at my hand not to draw klingons or romulans

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-21 03:05:05

Best of luck to everyone...

@Turkey: I love the starter pic, really nice work.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-24 05:34:14

Bump

Just a reminder

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-25 18:30:47

wip

Avat Round 3

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-25 19:37:09

At 8/25/11 06:30 PM, J-qb wrote: wip

Wow, man. This looks like it's gonna be another really great pic. You've improved a lot lately. I'm really impressed by everything you've produced. Keep up the great work!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-25 19:59:19

well i got half of it sketched out by now but im really afraid cause it has alien in it but i dont think i fit the attack theme as well but im gonna go with my tummy feeling on this one 0:<

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-25 22:04:26

At 8/25/11 07:59 PM, Civilized-Apocalypse wrote: well i got half of it sketched out by now but im really afraid cause it has alien in it but i dont think i fit the attack theme as well but im gonna go with my tummy feeling on this one 0:<

Well best of luck, hopefully it turns out the way you want it. If you need an opinion on your art, feel free to post a wip within this thread, or message me or something.

@J-qb: It is looking really well. The setting you place the art in is just great. I felt as if I was there, sorta thing. Nice work and keep it up.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-08-27 21:43:36

Sexy topic! Man, can't wait to see these entries! ^_^ Rock out everyone, show us what you're made of!

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 04:33:18

Bump

I hope to see many completed entries aswell, this is the final round so best of luck to all.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 04:54:49

At 9/1/11 04:33 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: I hope to see many completed entries aswell, this is the final round so best of luck to all.

UGH! It's the final round now?

At 8/19/11 07:44 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: The top 5 people will continue to the final round. There are only 5 prizes available, so the winners of this round are guaranteed a prize.

Anyways, this thing is near the top of my to-do list for today and tomorrow (no lectures tomorrow so should get it wrapped up in time)

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 05:41:55

Oh sorry, my apologies, I misread the text once again, sorry. This is the third and not the last round, haha.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 09:47:57

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 11:48:21

At 9/1/11 05:41 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: Oh sorry, my apologies, I misread the text once again, sorry. This is the third and not the last round, haha.

Wait, what?
Okay, I read it again and the top five will do one more round.. Even though they've already won?
This is just confusing and weird now.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little demotivated and haven't even started but I'll probably still poop something out in time.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-01 11:57:25

At 9/1/11 11:48 AM, Morthagg wrote:
At 9/1/11 05:41 AM, SketchyEntertainment wrote: Oh sorry, my apologies, I misread the text once again, sorry. This is the third and not the last round, haha.
Wait, what?
Okay, I read it again and the top five will do one more round.. Even though they've already won?
This is just confusing and weird now.

Nah, it's not.
5 people will go through this penultimate round.
The placement of those 5 users (1st, 2nd, 3rd ...) is determined in the final round.

There are 5 prizes, in total.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-02 14:24:15

wip

Avat Round 3

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-02 19:53:46

weeeh here it is,
urgh i think this is the worst one if done but i promise im trying harder and harder each time D:

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/civil ized-apocalypse/food-fight-in-space-jail

theres a description in the submitted image as to why it blows btw

Avat Round 3

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-02 20:04:12

WIP

Avat Round 3

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-03 16:47:52

After space exploration boomed, humans constructed colossal colony ships, behemoths built to land on a planet and become the central citadel for the developing space colony, providing resources and a safe haven for the residents.
Of course...some aliens were more territorial than others and didn't appreciate their landscape being polluted with mile-long towers....

Note to self: PLANETS = NEVER AGAIN

Avat Round 3

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-03 22:04:21

At 9/2/11 02:24 PM, J-qb wrote: wip

I don't know if you read this before the deadline is over, but I really hope you can finish this in time. It looks very good and interesting so far.

Generally the submission quality is pretty high. Let's hope there are some more of them to come

... before the deadline.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 01:29:16

AAAAAND DONE!! Linky

Avat Round 3

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 08:56:23

Too bad we had so many drop outs again this round.

good for me though since I didn't have time to polish my pic.

Thanks for all the comments my submission; really appreciated. I might finish it some day if I have some spare time.
When will round 4 start? I'm assuming there won't be any judging this round?

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 09:05:37

Oh snap! im too late!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 10:22:31

4 completed entries and a WIP......

Still a better turn out than the sub-round.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 11:08:16

... Wait, what? That's not right! I thought we had untill this evening?
Oh noooooo
Goddamnit, I'm so sorry, and very angry at myself now. For fuck's sake, how is this even possible. I've put such an effort in my previous entries, I really wanted to make something nice and then to make a stupid mistake like this.. Augh I could punch myself right now.

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 11:19:25

Wait. I'm confused. It says '11:59 PM'. I'm not good with the American timing-thing, but doesn't that mean.. 1 minute to midnight? Doesn't that also mean we still have half a day or am I just missing something/everything?

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 12:00:01

Nope, you are half a day late. The deadline, according to NG time which is somewhere east-USA, was on the 3rd of September, 23:59. During your last post it was already 11:00 of the 4th of September, roughly 11 hours late.
I know, timezones. *shrugs*

Also, damn every american that thinks the whole world knows their timezones and just posts it with some 3-letter abbreviation. Not speaking of Newgrounds here, but of those that talk in EDT's, PST's, MDT's etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat Round 3 2011-09-04 12:11:31

Oh. So that was yesterday's time.
Crapsicles.

Well, anyway, too bad. And yeah, I too can get really confused with the weird american time zones. Buhhh.