00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal 2 sound effects!

8,301 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 18:36:32

Hey guys, just wondering; does anybody on here have the sound effects for Portal or Portal 2? I've looked all over the internet and can't find a thing! If somebody could upload the door opening and door closing sounds to the Newgrounds Dump for me to use that'd be great.

P.S. I'll put you in the credits for the flash that the SFX will go into.

Portal 2 sound effects!

:3

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 18:59:10

Those are copyright samples you cant use them.

You could however hirer a sound designer to create similar ones, or, use public domain samples if you haven't a budget

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 19:16:41

At 7/22/11 06:59 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Those are copyright samples you cant use them.

You could however hirer a sound designer to create similar ones, or, use public domain samples if you haven't a budget

I own the game so I have certain rights to it. It'd be a bit of help if somebody directed me to the sound files though.

:3

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 19:32:27

At 7/22/11 07:16 PM, iloveicelollies wrote:
At 7/22/11 06:59 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Those are copyright samples you cant use them.

I own the game so I have certain rights to it. It'd be a bit of help if somebody directed me to the sound files though.

Buying the game means you have the right to play it... It doesn't hand over the rights for the sounds, characters, art design, etc. etc...

By your logic, it'd be ok to buy a, say... Metallica album, and then resell the songs... Extremely illegal. Just because you paid for something doesn't mean you own exclusive rights to it.
Unless of course you paid for exclusive rights... Which would cost you thousands upon thousands of dollars. And I'm pretty sure you don't own exclusive rights to Portal.

That said, I'm pretty sure you can find the sound files in the install directory somewhere. I know you can find GLaDOS voice files in there... Dunno about the rest though.
Just make sure you're using the samples fairly... If you upload something to the audio portal with those samples in it, you'll be banned. I'm not entirely sure how the Flash Portal handles copyrighted samples, but I'd imagine it's more or less the same.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 21:51:47

If you upload something to the audio portal with those samples in it, you'll be banned. I'm not entirely sure how the Flash Portal handles copyrighted samples, but I'd imagine it's more or less the same.

I don't think that you would get banned if you uploaded something to the flash portal with copyrighted SFX in it, I've seen plenty of Left 4 Dead parodies and movies that have SFX from Left 4 Dead or for instance all these flash entries of Metal Gear Solid that use that annoying SFX whenever someone sees you in the game that wierd noise plays, so basically i reckon you would be allowed :D

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 23:40:51

im not certain about the copyright details, but is this what your looking for?

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.ph p

BBS Signature

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2011-07-22 23:52:56

At 7/22/11 09:51 PM, DJHeat wrote:
I don't think that you would get banned if you uploaded something to the flash portal with copyrighted SFX in it, I've seen plenty of Left 4 Dead parodies and movies that have SFX from Left 4 Dead or for instance all these flash entries of Metal Gear Solid that use that annoying SFX whenever someone sees you in the game that wierd noise plays, so basically i reckon you would be allowed :D

Well afaik, parody/satire falls under "Fair Use" and if OP's song is parody/satire then I guess it would fall under "Fair Use" too. Don't take my word for it, though.

Anyway I'm pretty sure you can extract individual sound files from source games using G-mod or Hammer.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2015-07-23 01:28:22

Hey guys, just wondering; does anybody on here have the sound effects for Portal or Portal 2? I've looked all over the internet and can't find a thing! If somebody could upload the door opening and door closing sounds to the Newgrounds Dump for me to use that'd be great.

P.S. I'll put you in the credits for the flash that the SFX will go into. good

The sounds an songs can be found in Portal 2 unofficial wiki: <a> http://theportalwiki.com/wiki/Portal_2_soundtrack <a> the voice lines aslo: <a> http://theportalwiki.com/wiki/Voice_lines <a>, Its under copyright and they do not have any posted licensing terms, so unless you have a reason to claim 'fair use' there are no licensing terms.
If you want to license the music and include it in your game, you are going to have to contact valve. http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact/

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2015-07-23 01:41:08

No one will give a shit. Everyone in the thread is overreacting. If you own the game on PC, there's prob an easy way to extract the game sounds.

p.s. ur gay

Response to Portal 2 sound effects! 2015-07-23 03:25:19 (edited 2015-07-23 03:25:40)

At 7/23/15 01:41 AM, TheBetterAudioPortal wrote: No one will give a shit. Everyone in the thread is overreacting. If you own the game on PC, there's prob an easy way to extract the game sounds.

This. And for example - Recording them from stereo mix. etc.

BBS Signature